Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Funny_crab

It’s actually refreshing to come here and read things like the comments from this thread. I fully agree - I’m not cis, I’m just a woman.

I fully support trans people to live their lives however they want. But the political agenda has played it off as women against trans women. Apparently both can’t exist?

There needs to be some acknowledgment from trans women that they may not feel like a man, but they just can’t ever know what it feels like to be a woman. It’s perfectly valid for them to talk about what it means to be a trans woman - and apparently we all must respect that - but women are just not respected in the same way. As usual women are shit all over.

If it’s offensive to say - I feel like I am a black person born into a white person’s body, and I know exactly what it feels like to be black - with no acknowledgment of the the generational and societal weight to what that means - then why is it not ok for women to say trans women will never be able to truly know what it means to be a woman.

It’s just so fucked up. All women are doing by pushing back on this is saying respect us for who we are. But yeah, as usual, that is disregarded and shit all over.

• Heart
Reactions: 129

Funny_crab

It’s because she’s a caricature of a woman. It’s like drag queens. Taking those basic external qualities of a woman and exaggerating it. It’s quite insulting in a way because when trans women talk about how they feel like a woman, there’s rarely any depth to it beyond looks. What we look like is a mere drop in the ocean as to what it feels like to be a woman. We have generational trauma to contend with, we have our amazing physical power of creating and growing life, we have the layers and layers of society’s expectations weighing us down…there’s an ocean of depth to what it means to being a woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 102

avabella

VIP Member
I don't really feel like kicking the TERF nest but I feel like I've been transported back in time 20 years reading some of the comments and deliberate misgendering of Ella here
This maybe isn’t the place for the discussion and if not please point me in the right direction - but, as a woman (born a woman?) myself - why does Ella’s feelings and wants trump mine? If I don’t want to refer to her a woman (and I’m not saying this is the case, just hypothetically) - then why do my rights - as a biological, born female, get ground into the dust to appease someone who feels they were born the wrong gender?

Apologies if I have worded this incorrectly or insensitively but hopefully what I’m trying to ask gets across.

• Heart
Reactions: 86

Howdy

VIP Member
I don't really feel like kicking the TERF nest but I feel like I've been transported back in time 20 years reading some of the comments and deliberate misgendering of Ella here
I don't have a problem calling a transwoman by she/her, that's how they want to live their life and that's fine - no one deserves to suffer through life - but to pretend we're the same - just no. It's offensive and quite frankly nonsensical. They can never, ever, have the experience of growing up female and everything that goes with that. Never. And it belittles biological women and everything we have fought for. Don't get me started on "People with a womb" or "people who menstruate" - the most ludicrous things I've ever heard. Let's just erase women shall we? I'm pretty sure plenty of women hating men are enjoying it. There needs to be an intelligent spokesperson to say we ask to be treated with respect (yes, I agree) and accepted for how we choose to live our life, but we respect and understand that we are not biological women. Transgender people are a miniscule percentage of society yet we are all meant to pander and not say the 'wrong thing'. You can't change biology. Safe spaces for women should be respected - the fact transwomen can't understand this shows they just don't understand what being a woman is.

• Heart
Reactions: 84

Persephone

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76

pommobear

VIP Member
Give over JJ, if she had filler and fake tits you'd have shagged her on the wedding night and you know it.

Also Ella, it is fucking gross to not tell someone you are trans before you have sex with them (although if he couldn't tell he was clearly an idiot).

• Heart
Reactions: 75

pommobear

VIP Member
Arthur and Thomas have both said on insta that they were so drunk they don't remember this argument 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 63

Funny_crab

They will never know what it means to be a woman in the same way I will never know what it means to be black. My husband is black, my children are mixed race, I can empathise and relate and fight for them…but I will never BE them. And it’s insulting to pretend otherwise. Trans women know what it means to be a trans woman but sadly the media would have it play out like they don’t recognise they don’t know what it means to be a woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

GhostHoward

VIP Member
Sorry, can we clarify…Georges hasn’t once tried to pressure Peggy into normal sex, let alone anything that feels a bit more adventurous.

I wasn’t a fan to begin with but he’s shown a huge respect for her and her boundaries.

The “rimmimg” comment came from a game Charlene gave them and he was trying to make light of the situation as Peggy was clearly uncomfortable.

It’s also good to be open about your sexual turn ins in a relationship. Nowhere does that mean that the other party is obliged in any way to do it, but open communication is necessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
DB15722B-CCE9-44FE-BD2F-4DB6A35708E1.jpeg

20 years ago (we) women didn't have rights and still today it's legal for women to be stoned to death, charged with murder when having an abortion and still make up majority of the victims of rape and murder that happen to us by the hands of men... but sure, a few men in drag demand made up rights and the whole world immediatley bends over backwards and calls us breeders, incubators and "cis".

also... interesting how it's trans women (men) and not trans men (women) who run the roost of the trans movement... i ... wonder... why... that could be... a true wonder...

anyway no more derailing...

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I think the reason they have done this is that they know they have put in some relationships that will not last the full filming process, that they are doomed to fail from the start, so the producers are aware (and indeed plan) for new people to fill the gaps left by the ones that won’t last the difference, they know full well that there won’t be 12 couples at the final commitment ceremony.

As for the whole Ella debate, she pisses me off sitting there with her fake tits hanging out claiming to know what it feels to be a woman, no love you don’t, cos if you did you would have grown up with shitty attention from predator men as your body develops and you would not expose yourself like that because you would be frightened about what reaction you would provoke and even worried about being attacked
You're comment is so spot on. Ella unknowenly has a psychological freedom to act and dress the way they do because they haven't been condition by society in the way we have. Ella wants the attention that most of us try and hide from. Ella wants to be objectified because they have never really experienced it like a girl has. It's very fetishised womenhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 57