Married At First Sight UK #13 "This is my local park.... where I live."

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking work experience is before 16 isn’t it? It’s not legal to work at 13 even when he would have been that age. But it said they worked together from when he was 16 so maybe yeh he worked there for work experience then started full time at 16?

They need a thread 😭 I’m so invested!
Children can work part time from 13.

Many will be Saturday staff sweeping floors or washing hair in salons or doing paper rounds.

Reactions: 12
Children can work part time from 13.

Many will be Saturday staff sweeping floors or washing hair in salons or doing paper rounds.
Yeh you’re right you can do like a paper round etc at that age. I’m a bit younger and just remember it being 15, a few months shy of 16 to work full time those days.

I had a surge of excitement/FOMO after reading the post but alas, it is not on. I'm hoping there will be highlights on Googlebox instead.
sorry I said in another post I thought it was Thursday. I’m ill and not been out the house for 3 days so I don’t know who I am or what day it is 😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeh you’re right you can do like a paper round etc at that age. I’m a bit younger and just remember it being 15, a few months shy of 16 to work full time those days.

sorry I said in another post I thought it was Thursday. I’m ill and not been out the house for 3 days so I don’t know who I am or what day it is 😊
I don't think you can work full time until you are 18 now. As they have upped the school leaving age you have to be in education or training at least part time

Reactions: 6
Not sure if I am one behind or not, currently watching the first of the homestays. Dunno if this has been said but does anyone else feel like Adrian's friend actually brings out the negative in him? He is usually so lovely and understanding but I felt like she was so needy of him and self indulging that he also became a bit unlikeable.

P.S. Still love him though

Reactions: 22
I like Adrian and have kind of warmed slightly to Tom but only when he’s chill and being nice with Adrian. Still reeling over his friend Katie I’m sorry but how that is the same person to her Insta I don’t still comprehend. Like 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️
I'm sad he didn't seem to shut her down once

Reactions: 13
I like Adrian and have kind of warmed slightly to Tom but only when he’s chill and being nice with Adrian. Still reeling over his friend Katie I’m sorry but how that is the same person to her Insta I don’t still comprehend. Like 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️
What’s her insta

Reactions: 2
Out of the whole of the UK and MAFS chooses two strippers who know each other already 😂 no wonder why the producers never made a thing of Duka's stripping as him and PJay were clearly told to pretend to be strangers.

• Wow
  • Haha
Out of the whole of the UK and MAFS chooses two strippers who know each other already 😂 no wonder why the producers never made a thing of Duka's stripping as him and PJay were clearly told to pretend to be strangers.
Do please tell me more x

What’s her insta
K88tyj I honestly just realised how backwards Insta is like I know people aren’t the same in real life and have filters but this is some black mirror tit.

Reactions: 12
Do please tell me more x

K88tyj I honestly just realised how backwards Insta is like I know people aren’t the same in real life and have filters but this is some black mirror tit.
Duka said in a Q&A that he knew PJay from before the show. Not sure how well or if they just saw each other around through the job 🤔

Reactions: 7
I was thinking work experience is before 16 isn’t it? It’s not legal to work at 13 even when he would have been that age. But it said they worked together from when he was 16 so maybe yeh he worked there for work experience then started full time at 16?

They need a thread 😭 I’m so invested!
A Saturday job could of been possible, especially as in a salon you usually start as the tea/coffee maker/hairwasher/sweeper. He did an interview and said he started in the salon at 13. I’ll try find it

Here it is..
5174E6A6-FCB1-4235-91F7-D0D9EC4FD937.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I know the borough Kwame lives in well and can I say the drone shots of the park were not actually of the park he went to. They're of the borough's flagship park (Lloyd Park) about 1.5 miles up the road. The one he took her to is a tiny, non-descript park, think a couple of benches and some bushes (and the pergola). Makes it an even weirder home stay.

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.