Married At First Sight (MAFS) Australia S6 - E4 pace no spoilers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like that conversation between Loz and Matt was VERY heavily edited. It jumped around all over the place. I feel like they want to portray her as being totally wild and Matt being totally innocent.

Honestly, the ixperts are bloody idiots and I hope they don't actually counsel couples in the real world.
So true. I love John but if he was convinced by Ines in the couples counselling session, he'd want to hand back his degree ASAP. I mean she's as fake as most of the contestants' teeth and boobs but she wasn't even trying to come across as willing, apologetic or compliant in any way. I guess that bit was heavily edited too!

I do think Matt fancied Lauren but her revelations were put to him in such a confrontational way as to be almost cruel. I think he understandably found that offputting. Also, she's focusing a lot on how she needs lots of affection and to feel loved and to be "thrown on the bed" but she doesn't seem to realise he might need to feel secure and wanted and "enough" too, instead of constantly hearing how he doesn't throw her around enough and may need to introduce more penises into the equation to keep her satisfied!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can’t believe Sam turned up to the party with chicken pox! So selfish.

I don’t know why Lauren said ‘all I want is someone to love me. Is that too much to ask?’. Uhhh five minutes ago you were asking for threesomes and swinging, which is a pretty big ask. I think if she hadn’t have pushed that, they’d still be doing well. Matt is overwhelmed and it’s killed the attraction.

I can see why Matt applied to the show. They pitch it that the experts are going to put you together with your perfect match. Even though it’s clear they like to put a lot of people together for drama, he probably thought he’d get someone suited to him, maybe even someone who’d been through something similar.

Back to Sam, he’s such a dick. Acting like a victim because Lizzi’s done a runner!!

Also why does Mike keep calling Jess a pretty little girl? It’s weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don’t understand why the experts don’t delve into the contestants sexual preferences. How they didn’t know that Lauren was kinky is beyond me. I actually feel sorry for both of them.
Didn’t Matt say his family wasn’t very touchy feely too?

Reactions: 8
I can’t believe Sam turned up to the party with chicken pox! So selfish.

I don’t know why Lauren said ‘all I want is someone to love me. Is that too much to ask?’. Uhhh five minutes ago you were asking for threesomes and swinging, which is a pretty big ask. I think if she hadn’t have pushed that, they’d still be doing well. Matt is overwhelmed and it’s killed the attraction.

I can see why Matt applied to the show. They pitch it that the experts are going to put you together with your perfect match. Even though it’s clear they like to put a lot of people together for drama, he probably thought he’d get someone suited to him, maybe even someone who’d been through something similar.

Back to Sam, he’s such a dick. Acting like a victim because Lizzi’s done a runner!!

Also why does Mike keep calling Jess a pretty little girl? It’s weird.
I'm not sure who Mike fancies more: Jessika, Sam, Mick, or himself.
He's the designated shitstirrer this year, while Nick is on official virgin watch.

You know how the ixperts make out that the dinner party is their first update since seeing the couples at the previous week's commitment ceremony thing? I think they slipped up last night when Ning toasted Mark for his birthday and one of the ixperts said "oh that's nice to see, after they had such a tough week".

I don’t understand why the experts don’t delve into the contestants sexual preferences. How they didn’t know that Lauren was kinky is beyond me. I actually feel sorry for both of them.
I think they must ask about it because John seemed surprised it didn't come up during the early stages of the process. Maybe she didn't say how important it is to her, or maybe she's just trying to look like the experienced woman for the cameras, or maybe it's the usual drama drama drama encouraged by producers!

Reactions: 13
Lauren was matched deliberately with Matthew because of her sexual appetite. All to create drama

Reactions: 10
I feel sorry for both Lauren and Matt.

I love a dominant man and I could tell a mile off Matt wasn't like that, even before it was revealed that he was a virgin.

Then I felt sorry for Lauren when she had to overhear Matt be honest to everyone else except her, when she has been dying for him to open up.

I still love this tit-show of TV though 😂

Reactions: 9
Where is Lizzie, no really where is she, not a single explanation. Very odd.

Great dinner party last night, it ranged from the bizarre to the down right ugly. Very cringy and cheesy one moment and displays of true and adorable affection the next.

I do think we saw the real Matt for the first time last night. All through the series he blinks A LOT, especially when he is under pressure. It has always looked like his blinking was a reflection of his mind saying, 'does not compute'.. Last night when he opened up the flood gates of his emotions and let it all spill out to the guys he had a fixed look and spoke confidently and concisely, not the dithery or unsure (overwhelmed) Matt we have known so far.

Absolutely love Jules and Cam.

Cyrell has told Nick she keeps pushing guys away because she was insecure, maybe soon he will learn this and stop reacting by challenging her behaviour and that she needs to be reassured not challenged...

Biggest tragedy of the series so far is that Bronson is being mugged off by psychobitch and Sam, I did think that Sam would show some gumption and some degree of humanity by telling his 'Bro' Bronson the truth, but alas, it seems the moral code of Sam and Ines are as fake as the imaginary charm and beauty they think they possess.

How easy it is to sit on our moral perches casting our views and judgements on these individuals. Although we only see what the editors want us to see, I must say I do love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Where is Lizzie, no really where is she, not a single explanation. Very odd.

Great dinner party last night, it ranged from the bizarre to the down right ugly. Very cringy and cheesy one moment and displays of true and adorable affection the next.

I do think we saw the real Matt for the first time last night. All through the series he blinks A LOT, especially when he is under pressure. It has always looked like his blinking was a reflection of his mind saying, 'does not compute'.. Last night when he opened up the flood gates of his emotions and let it all spill out to the guys he had a fixed look and spoke confidently and concisely, not the dithery or unsure (overwhelmed) Matt we have known so far.

Absolutely love Jules and Cam.

Cyrell has told Nick she keeps pushing guys away because she was insecure, maybe soon he will learn this and stop reacting by challenging her behaviour and that she needs to be reassured not challenged...

Biggest tragedy of the series so far is that Bronson is being mugged off by psychobitch and Sam, I did think that Sam would show some gumption and some degree of humanity by telling his 'Bro' Bronson the truth, but alas, it seems the moral code of Sam and Ines are as fake as the imaginary charm and beauty they think they possess.

How easy it is to sit on our moral perches casting our views and judgements on these individuals. Although we only see what the editors want us to see, I must say I do love it.
I thought it was absolutely disgusting how Cyrell treated Nick. If it was the other way around he would be absolutely slated for it. I think she hides behind this ‘I push guys away’ as an excuse to exonerate her pretty awful behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A possible unpopular opinion but here I go.
Apart from a sexual interest, Mike is not into Heidi. She seems very into making it work with him despite some issues at the beginning. He seems like he might be unfaithful to her in the blink of an eye. It's quite obvious he has a thing for Jess. I just think Heidi is setting herself up for a fall with him.

Edit; Mark not Mike

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Apart from a sexual interest, Mark is not into Heidi. She seems very into making it work with him despite some issues at the beginning. He seems like he might be unfaithful to her in the blink of an eye. It's quite obvious he has a thing for Jess. I just think Heidi is setting herself up for a fall with him.

No I completely agree with you. I bet they have amazing sex and do have a real sexual connection but I don’t think Mike is into anyone other than himself. He is absolutely awful, makes me skin crawl.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
do think Matt fancied Lauren but her revelations were put to him in such a confrontational way as to be almost cruel. I think he understandably found that offputting. Also, she's focusing a lot on how she needs lots of affection and to feel loved and to be "thrown on the bed" but she doesn't seem to realise he might need to feel secure and wanted and "enough" too, instead of constantly hearing how he doesn't throw her around enough and may need to introduce more penises into the equation to keep her satisfied!
Agree with this. Fair enough, you just want to be thrown on the bed and ravished but the guy has juts lost his virginity and is clearly an anxious person that's been through tit which makes it hard for him to fully open up. I thought it was ridiculous for Lauren to mention swinging and threesomes and then mad eout she was joking and he's just taking things too much to heart.

I believe he is attracted to her but he doesn't feel like he's enough, that he can't give her what she is demanding and he doesn't want other people in the marriage so saying he's not attracted is the easiest way.

I did not feel sorry for Lauren at all.

When he told the boat story I did wonder if he had perhaps been in a relationship with the man who died but I think now that its a possibility that he's asexual but he doesn't know it or understand it. He doesn't feel normal and again, doesn't feel good enough.

Ning, I felt for her eith her partner. He was a bit horrible and I don't think she deserved that. I don't understand why he got so pissed off with her?

A few pages ago a couple of poeple were saying how terrible she looks for her age (or similar) and I kept thinking that she looks good for being in her 50s.... Whoops 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

can’t believe Sam turned up to the party with chicken pox! So selfish.
Yes! I'm sorry but possible putting others at risk because you want to get your end wet with a massive witch is not right. He should have been told to leave.

I wondered if Ines is going to start showing signs of chickenpox and that's how it's going to come out? Or maybe Lizzie found out and that's why she's vanished?

Sam saying he felt sick kissing Lizzie was vile. I wish someone would tit on his face.. (why that, I don't know, OK? 😂)

I'm not sure who Mike fancies more: Jessika, Sam, Mick, or himself.
He's the designated shitstirrer this year, while Nick is on official virgin watch.

You know how the ixperts make out that the dinner party is their first update since seeing the couples at the previous week's commitment ceremony thing? I think they slipped up last night when Ning toasted Mark for his birthday and one of the ixperts said "oh that's nice to see, after they had such a tough week".
Mike definitely fancies himself the most. He's a twit. Wish he'd piss off.

I thought Nick was a dick with Matt at first but I think it's kinda sweet that he keeps checking in on him and he noticed he wasn't himself. I feel sorry for him with Cyrell. She was very clearly jealous and she needs to sort out those issues before she pushes him away for good.

I noticed the slip up with saying they had a bad week too. Why pretend they know nothing when they clearly do?

I do agree with this but if she keeps flying off the handle and screaming at him, he may not stick around. I think she needs therapy to come to terms with her last relationships (she was cheated on, wasn't she?) because that's obviously playing a huge part in how she acts.

I love Jules and Cam but can't help but feel that Jules is way more into Cam than he is of her?

Jess saying is she "has" to have sex with her husband then she guesses she'll do it. If you don't want to then don't. If you don't feel the attraction then leave but we all know she's on it to boost her followers etc.

I thought it was absolutely disgusting how Cyrell treated Nick. If it was the other way around he would be absolutely slated for it. I think she hides behind this ‘I push guys away’ as an excuse to exonerate her pretty awful behaviour.
I agree with this. I don't want to be throwing accusations around when we obviously don't know the woman but both my husband and I thought she seems like the type to lash out violently? I hope that's not the case but watching her scream at Nick was awful and I kept waiting for the smack?

Such a shame as they had such a lovely day the day before with her cooking and it was so funny to watch. Especially when she got the red wine in her eye 😂

Apart from a sexual interest, Mark is not into Heidi. She seems very into making it work with him despite some issues at the beginning. He seems like he might be unfaithful to her in the blink of an eye. It's quite obvious he has a thing for Jess. I just think Heidi is setting herself up for a fall with him.
I definitely think he's only interested in her for the sex. He's a dick.

Reactions: 7
No I completely agree with you. I bet they have amazing sex and do have a real sexual connection but I don’t think Mike is into anyone other than himself. He is absolutely awful, makes me skin crawl.
Same, I get such smarmy vibes off him.

Reactions: 10
Agree with this. Fair enough, you just want to be thrown on the bed and ravished but the guy has juts lost his virginity and is clearly an anxious person that's been through tit which makes it hard for him to fully open up. I thought it was ridiculous for Lauren to mention swinging and threesomes and then mad eout she was joking and he's just taking things too much to heart.

I believe he is attracted to her but he doesn't feel like he's enough, that he can't give her what she is demanding and he doesn't want other people in the marriage so saying he's not attracted is the easiest way.

I did not feel sorry for Lauren at all.

When he told the boat story I did wonder if he had perhaps been in a relationship with the man who died but I think now that its a possibility that he's asexual but he doesn't know it or understand it. He doesn't feel normal and again, doesn't feel good enough.

Ning, I felt for her eith her partner. He was a bit horrible and I don't think she deserved that. I don't understand why he got so pissed off with her?

A few pages ago a couple of poeple were saying how terrible she looks for her age (or similar) and I kept thinking that she looks good for being in her 50s.... Whoops 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Yes! I'm sorry but possible putting others at risk because you want to get your end wet with a massive witch is not right. He should have been told to leave.

I wondered if Ines is going to start showing signs of chickenpox and that's how it's going to come out? Or maybe Lizzie found out and that's why she's vanished?

Sam saying he felt sick kissing Lizzie was vile. I wish someone would tit on his face.. (why that, I don't know, OK? 😂)

Mike definitely fancies himself the most. He's a twit. Wish he'd piss off.

I thought Nick was a dick with Matt at first but I think it's kinda sweet that he keeps checking in on him and he noticed he wasn't himself. I feel sorry for him with Cyrell. She was very clearly jealous and she needs to sort out those issues before she pushes him away for good.

I noticed the slip up with saying they had a bad week too. Why pretend they know nothing when they clearly do?

I do agree with this but if she keeps flying off the handle and screaming at him, he may not stick around. I think she needs therapy to come to terms with her last relationships (she was cheated on, wasn't she?) because that's obviously playing a huge part in how she acts.

I love Jules and Cam but can't help but feel that Jules is way more into Cam than he is of her?

Jess saying is she "has" to have sex with her husband then she guesses she'll do it. If you don't want to then don't. If you don't feel the attraction then leave but we all know she's on it to boost her followers etc.

I agree with this. I don't want to be throwing accusations around when we obviously don't know the woman but both my husband and I thought she seems like the type to lash out violently? I hope that's not the case but watching her scream at Nick was awful and I kept waiting for the smack?

Such a shame as they had such a lovely day the day before with her cooking and it was so funny to watch. Especially when she got the red wine in her eye 😂

I definitely think he's only interested in her for the sex. He's a dick.

Literally agree with everything you have said hahah!! Yeah without making accusations I think she could have a violent side and she comes across as a bit of a gas lighter.

I also noticed that about Jess. I think even though a lot of them are in it for fame she is definitely at the top of the list in that respect. I think she will do anything to go the distance and I think that was a bit of a slip of a tongue on her part!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I also agree with Skinkaarefan above that although I think they seem like the most genuine of all the couples, I think Jules seems way more into Cam than he is with her.

Reactions: 3
Controversial opinion BUT I think some of the things the experts make the couples do. Like yes week, the honeymoon question box etc would make an amazing book or game 😂 when the day comes and I finally get with the LOML. I would LOVE to do some of these things.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I totally agree that if the tables were turned then Nick would have been slated for it.
I may be wrong here, but I though I remembered Cyrell quite honestly and candidly telling Nick at the commitments meeting that she pushed guys away as a defence mechanism, that she was sorry she did that and was going to work on it...
The way she acted was wrong, there is no excuse for it. But she did it in private (which is an improvement on the first dinner party) and soon saw the error of her ways and made amends.
Maybe the time it takes to make such significant changes to her honestly admitted shortcomings takes longer than it does for others. In can see progress, and it was this progress I was referencing. All it takes is patience and understanding on both sides.... Unless your name is Ines and Sam in which case they can go f*** themselves.

Reactions: 4
I am not saying that at all about Lauren. She is adventurous where Matt is very clearly an extremely nervous 29 year old virgin. They should not have been matched at all. Lauren should have realised that when he told her at the wedding and she should be more careful with him.

The Experts have done Matt wrong.
I agree. She seemed to be showing off in a way about her experiences. She frightened the life out him. He felt he couldn't ever match that or be that type of person. Its a shame, they really could have worked!

Reactions: 5
Mike and Heidi - it's just lust

Mike is after Jess

Jess is just in it for insta likes.

I think Matt would have been better with Melissa, she is lively but lovely.

Dino (another strange one) and Heidi would be better matched.

Mark and Lauren.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.