Married At First Sight (MAFS) Australia S6 - E4 pace no spoilers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished, cringing so hard for/at Elizabeth - how can she not read the signs, he's so clearly not interested in her. Awkward!

Reactions: 13
THERE'S A THREAD???

So I've only watched until episode 8 I think (so a lot of this has probably been said, sorry), but my god the matchmakers are terrible. It's very obvious that some couples were matched for the entertainment factor, and others just had nothing in common at all. Obviously, I don't expect stuff to be a 100% scientific and accurate but I'd love to see this as an actual experiment with no added fake drama and whatever. Plus the whole environment is just toxic.

I feel bad for Elizabeth, I've seen she's lost a bit of weight and it just looks dangerously underweight to me. I can't really help but think that the comments made by Sam and then the constant focus on her snacking led towards that.

Obviously, I don't expect stuff to be a 100% scientific and accurate but I'd love to see this as an actual experiment with no added fake drama and whatever. Plus the whole environment is just toxic.
I think the UK seasons have more of this vibe - they usually focus on 2 or 3 couples only. It's obviously still a reality show but it's a lot less dramatised and sensationalised.

Reactions: 7
I think the UK seasons have more of this vibe - they usually focus on 2 or 3 couples only. It's obviously still a reality show but it's a lot less dramatised and sensationalised.
Yup. I hope the UK version doesn't go down the Aussie route tbh (as much as I'm enjoying the aussie version)

I think it's very unfair of the programme to unleash Lauren on the serial killer. It will tip him over the edge. Do feel for him. And Lauren is wrong to do this to him. Thought she was a nice person but no.

As bad as Sam is, I don't feel that he is leading Elizabeth on.

Ines, however is leading Bronson on.

Reactions: 11
So Lauren should suppress her true self to spare him? She's been doing that and has been unhappy at times and frustrated. She can't pretend she's an innocent girl any longer and wants him to come out of himself a bit

Sam is just a prick. The comments he makes about Lizzie, texting Ines now. He's a grade A prick!!

Ines is just mental. I dunno why Bronson stayed another week or thought they could make it work

Reactions: 14
I am not saying that at all about Lauren. She is adventurous where Matt is very clearly an extremely nervous 29 year old virgin. They should not have been matched at all. Lauren should have realised that when he told her at the wedding and she should be more careful with him.

The Experts have done Matt wrong.

Reactions: 15
I think the experts are claiming they didn't know about that side of Lauren which is surely bullshit? Surely it would've come up over the interview process for the show?

Exactly!

Matt is already like a rabbit in the headlights, what will this do to him

Reactions: 8
I don't like Matt and get a bad vibe from him BUT I think what Lauren did was well out of order. He presents as a very anxious young man who had his first sexual experience approx 10 days ago. In what universe is it acceptable for her to start pressuring him to be more masterful, to take control, to dominate her, without ever explaining to this totally overwhelmed, inexperienced poor fecker what she means by any of these things?!
I'm no ixpert but surely what she did to him, telling him with a 100% straight face that she wanted to try swinging with him, then in front of Cam and Jules going "oh I was joking about that, silly!", was totally inappropriate and unhelpful, as were the little condescending looks she shot over to them while the 29 year old former virgin was speaking.
If she's so experienced, she should probably know that this stuff is better taught than demanded.
Also, she seems to have a mental block when it comes to making a move herself - perhaps as the more experienced partner she could share some of her expertise with him?
Anyway she'd want to be careful or he'll bury her at sea.

The Sam and Ines situation is very unpalatable. They're obviously being encouraged but it's just not at all convincing - like, you can tell they don't fancy each other or have any chemistry whatsoever. Very reminiscent of Dean and Davina, where they're each flatly telling the other how much they'd like to have a snog, and bitching about their matched partners, then going on about how well suited they are. All the depth of a dry puddle.

I want to see more of Mel and Dino - they seem to be getting on great!
I want to see the "crazy cake" Ning made for Mark. And that's about the height of my interest in her now - I had some hope for them but she keeps reverting to sickener-mode.
I want to see a lot less of Ines, her horrid little cough and her flicky tongue when she's trying to be sexy.

Reactions: 21
I honestly feel like Lauren has always been a bit inconsiderate of how anxious Matt is. Before he lost his virginity she was trying to pressure him into stuff like the spa and whatever that bath was, and the whole vibe there just felt off, when clearly all he needed was to feel secure with her.

I get doing romantic stuff with your partner but it really felt like she was trying to push him into kissing her or having sex, when all she needed to do was to get to know him and see if stuff goes from there

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yea I thought that too - the only thing is, he told her straight out he wanted to have sex on honeymoon, then avoided touching her until the last night of the holiday!
So we could give her the benefit of the doubt and say she was just encouraging him to do what he had said he wanted to do.
I'd love to know how much detail she gave the ixperts about her sexual history and preferences and needs. I'd say they knew well, and that's why they paired them up: for the drama.

This show has turned into make-it-up-as-we-go along fake drama bollocks. Ines is clearly a cow and was only put into the program for good TV. Ning should never have been selected for the show, she's too fragile and hurt from her previous experiences.
Incidentally, every clip they showed of Matt in the honeymoon week mentioned his virginity - not that they had a narrative to push of course. His coupling is also ridiculous - so I think it's gone over the edge. I'm still going to watch this series with my wife but with tongue firmly in cheek.

Reactions: 9
Lauren’s make up for a MUA is horrendous.

She’s out of order pressuring a very anxious and extremely soft fella like Matt.

So badly matched.

I don't like Matt and get a bad vibe from him BUT I think what Lauren did was well out of order. He presents as a very anxious young man who had his first sexual experience approx 10 days ago. In what universe is it acceptable for her to start pressuring him to be more masterful, to take control, to dominate her, without ever explaining to this totally overwhelmed, inexperienced poor fecker what she means by any of these things?!
I'm no ixpert but surely what she did to him, telling him with a 100% straight face that she wanted to try swinging with him, then in front of Cam and Jules going "oh I was joking about that, silly!", was totally inappropriate and unhelpful, as were the little condescending looks she shot over to them while the 29 year old former virgin was speaking.
If she's so experienced, she should probably know that this stuff is better taught than demanded.
Also, she seems to have a mental block when it comes to making a move herself - perhaps as the more experienced partner she could share some of her expertise with him?
Anyway she'd want to be careful or he'll bury her at sea.

The Sam and Ines situation is very unpalatable. They're obviously being encouraged but it's just not at all convincing - like, you can tell they don't fancy each other or have any chemistry whatsoever. Very reminiscent of Dean and Davina, where they're each flatly telling the other how much they'd like to have a snog, and bitching about their matched partners, then going on about how well suited they are. All the depth of a dry puddle.

I want to see more of Mel and Dino - they seem to be getting on great!
I want to see the "crazy cake" Ning made for Mark. And that's about the height of my interest in her now - I had some hope for them but she keeps reverting to sickener-mode.
I want to see a lot less of Ines, her horrid little cough and her flicky tongue when she's trying to be sexy.
I feel that Lauren should have been a bit more upfront about her bedroom preferences before she took Matt’s virginity so he was fully in the picture. I’m not sure what she was expecting though, it’s pretty clear that he was always going to be a bit vanilla.....

Hi all!

Just watched Fridays e4 epsiode and currently on last nights.

I love love love cam and jules. Cam is actually so fit 😂🥰 I want my own cam!

I agree about the washing the bed sheets ahaha it bothered me so much.

I hate how Lizzie apologised to Ines. It you searched bitchy in the dictionary it would be Ines.

Cyrells voice goes all the way through me I sometimes struggle with her and Nick 😅

ALL of their make up is terrible but the person who takes the biscuit is Lizzie, her earrings and jewellery 🤢 and those awful hair extensions 😱

Reactions: 15
I'm in the minority possibly but Matt for me is a complete dweeb. A man who gets to 29 without ever even kissing anyone? Weird as f*ck IMVHO. He's a good looking guy so it's not as if he's some beast who couldn't attract anyone. Perhaps something happened in his past that affected intimacy? If so, I will feel bad, but that's never been suggested. I just don't believe a guy who looks like that could be in his late 20's with absolutely no sexual experience at all. It's a bit 'off'. I think he might be in the closet. Lauren was way out of order but clearly they were put together for ratings.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm in the minority possibly but Matt for me is a complete dweeb. A man who gets to 29 without ever even kissing anyone? Weird as f*ck IMVHO. He's a good looking guy so it's not as if he's some beast who couldn't attract anyone. Perhaps something happened in his past that affected intimacy? If so, I will feel bad, but that's never been suggested. I just don't believe a guy who looks like that could be in his late 20's with absolutely no sexual experience at all. It's a bit 'off'. I think he might be in the closet. Lauren was way out of order but clearly they were put together for ratings.
He explained it quite well a few episodes back. He was bullied a lot in school so became withdrawn. He then started to pick and build up his confidence when he used to work with someone (a neighbour or family friend can’t remember) and build boats. He said he was really good at it and enjoyed it. Then one day the guy he was building boats with and him finished a boat and he went to go and test it.. the guy went to sea and never came back. In my honest opinion it completely makes sense how he can be so withdrawn etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think he's just very introverted and anxious, so wouldn't have gone out much or met people. I honestly understand it, for a lot of shy people who don't normally make friends or go out much, uni or work would be the starting people, and even then that requires some sort of confidence.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.