Marissa Carter - Cocoa Brown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's any of your inside knowledge got to do with the fact that shes being bullied by her own business partners so badly that her own marketing team arent "allowed" to meet with her?
Your a very sad individual if you think whats happening to her is ok because she had an affair one time 🙄 you must be a very sad bitter individual
Her sister in law is her Head of Marketing and Branding. You seriously believe she wouldn't come over if she wanted to? It's all a little overly dramatic if you ask me.

Reactions: 6
Her sister in law is her Head of Marketing and Branding. You seriously believe she wouldn't come over if she wanted to? It's all a little overly dramatic if you ask me.
Yeah very dramatic the way she came on, filter on, the way she was sitting, all very contrived to be honest, almost like she was going for a part in Eastenders.
Initially I was just shocked watching and felt for her but the more I think about I'm not sure I buy it.
Like you don't get as far in business as she has by being a walk over.

Reactions: 5
I think her coming on was a test to see the backlash the brand would get, it’s clear she will be moving away from it because of the ‘whatever happens and even if my name isn’t on the bottle’

Reactions: 8
It’s weird after her stories the other day and now she’s saying she won’t say anything more about it until it’s went through the appropriate channels. Does make me question her motives as to why she came on and even discussed it to start off with 🙈 it’s like she wanted it to go viral and when it did she’s pulled back again. Very strange lol

It’s weird after her stories the other day and now she’s saying she won’t say anything more about it until it’s went through the appropriate channels. Does make me question her motives as to why she came on and even discussed it to start off with 🙈 it’s like she wanted it to go viral and when it did she’s pulled back again. Very strange lol
I think she tried to bring them down using social media and it was an unwise manoeuvre. As it stands, she has given away over 66% of her business in return for investment and now it seems she is struggling with not being in control. I'm sure she's poured her heart and soul into it, but without being the majority stakeholder she's going to struggle to get things done her way.
Definitely we'll see legal proceedings on this but I'm not hopeful for her chances of success when Sundrelle now own the brand name

who is the sister in law ?

I worked in the distributors until a few months ago, now I work in the pharmacy trade, none of marissa's family work in the distributors for Coco brown.

the distributors directors wife did work for a while in the Coco brown office but that was a shitshow and embarrassing when dealing with large customers.

I left due to the general atmosphere in the building, very negative and stressful, lots of staff come and go very quickly. It is not a nice place to work.

look at the Formar brand that they distribute , so many different managing directors in a very short period of time. Sosu office was the same with a constant stream of people joining and then leaving.

same as in thegeneral office - 3 of the longest serving women staff have let in the past 6 to 8 months or so

I think they have a problem working with women which is ironic when they rely on women to buy their products

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

I worked in the distributors until a few months ago, now I work in the pharmacy trade, none of marissa's family work in the distributors for Coco brown.

the distributors directors wife did work for a while in the Coco brown office but that was a shitshow and embarrassing when dealing with large customers.

I left due to the general atmosphere in the building, very negative and stressful, lots of staff come and go very quickly. It is not a nice place to work.

look at the Formar brand that they distribute , so many different managing directors in a very short period of time. Sosu office was the same with a constant stream of people joining and then leaving.

same as in thegeneral office - 3 of the longest serving women staff have let in the past 6 to 8 months or so

I think they have a problem working with women which is ironic when they rely on women to buy their products
They are threatened by anyone on the floor that could run the place much better than the top dogs themselves. Even when Penneys had their audits, warehouse staff raised issues and then were bullied out cos of what they said in meetings. Flormar is on its 3rd brand manager now in must be 3 years both previous ones walked.... Says alot really

There was issues last year that obv was not resolved too, she thanked everyone for their support of her brand, from us regular Joe soaps to the hierarchy in Primark, dunnes etc. Her distributors are just chipping away bit by bit until she gives up and hands it over completely to them....

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
get over to the Suzanne page and spill the tea ASAP haha
Can some 1 for the love of god tell me where is the spill the tea? Is it like this tattle on Google or a app or Facebook...mad for more news 😆😆🤦

Reactions: 3
Can some 1 for the love of god tell me where is the spill the tea? Is it like this tattle on Google or a app or Facebook...mad for more news 😆😆🤦
😅😅😅😅 Spill the tea is a phrase, as in tell the truth (T), news, gossip. Its not an app. So, go to Suzanne's page and tell the gossip.
I hope I've taken you up right and you thought that it meant an app people were talking about.

SIL is a girl called Gemma. She worked in the salon for Marissa also years ago when she still owned it. She had one of her BFF’s working there from v beginning also but not sure if she is still there 🤔

Reactions: 2
😅😅😅😅 Spill the tea is a phrase, as in tell the truth (T), news, gossip. Its not an app. So, go to Suzanne's page and tell the gossip.
I hope I've taken you up right and you thought that it meant an app people were talking about.
Eh who's Suzanne's page 🤷🤷

Reactions: 1
Yeah very dramatic the way she came on, filter on, the way she was sitting, all very contrived to be honest, almost like she was going for a part in Eastenders.
Initially I was just shocked watching and felt for her but the more I think about I'm not sure I buy it.
Like you don't get as far in business as she has by being a walk over.
Sometimes in life you come to a point and say you've had enough as the saying goes "it was the straw that broke the camels back" if you are fed up of your voice not being heard in boardrooms, not allowed to meet with your team , only option is to go publicly and I don't think any of us would done it differantly if we walked in MC's shoes. Yes she had to look for investors, don't we watch the likes of dragons den and seeing individuals doing the same. She's no differant. All I can say is tg she went on her own steam with her makeup brand and has full control of what is happening. Cocoa B is her baby and not one of us would like to be treated same way if ye thought long and hard about it

Reactions: 15
I don't mind the tan....was obsessed the first few years but there are so many better tans out now. The makeup us absolute shite. I bought some bits online recently as there was a 40% off. Literally binned the concealer and the half measure foundation. I wasn't mad on the gel liner wither but will give it another go. The only thing that is half decent is the full measure foundation is you like fuller coverage. The packaging is so cheap looking too.
The packaging is cheap to keep the cost down I would guess... I'm all for saving a few euros esp when it's hid away in our makeup bags

Reactions: 3

I believe it's the wife of her brother Tomás Carter, Gemma. So if what she says is true and they weren't "allowed" over, it would be very awkward.

I read this on Phoenix. Posting it as it's behind a paywall but I have a sub. It explains the business structure.

TAN QUEEN Marissa Carter appears seriously browned off with her business partners, having taken to Instagram to announce that she plans to take legal action against them.

These partners in the tan company are also behind the mega-successful pharmacy wholesale distributor, Sundrelle, which made a profit of €3.76m in 2019, bringing accumulated profits to over €29 million.

The Meath-based Sundrelle is owned by its directors Fran O’Gorman (54%), Donal O’Gorman (20%) and Elizabeth O’Gorman (16%), with the remaining 10% owned by Thomas Nolan.

Directors’ remuneration for 2019 came in at €2.5m, a reduction on the previous year when they shared €3.7m.

Sundrelle exclusively distributes both the Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter tan range founded by Carter in 2012 and Suzanne “SoSu” Jackson’s range of tans and cosmetics. It also distributes various other brands, including Flormar, Tommie Tippee and Carmex.

The company behind the Cocoa Brown joint venture, Woodley Cottage Ltd, was incorporated in 2015. Carter’s unlimited company, MCCB Beauty, owns a third of the shares, while Carenno Limited (Fran) owns 36%, Roletto Ltd (Donal) owns 20% and Montoro Ltd (Thomas) owns 10%.

They are all directors as is Carter’s husband, Ronan O’Flaherty, and the company’s accumulated profits were almost €1m in 2019.

After she launched Cocoa Brown, Carter built up a big social media following. She was one of the first to harness the appeal of beauty bloggers to promote her products and grow the brand.

This strategy hit a sticky patch in 2017 when she declared to Nick Webb on Joe.ie’s Capital B business podcast that there was “absolutely no authenticity left in that business” and the “value of a blogger endorsement is nothing.”

Naturally, this proclamation didn’t go down well with the blogging community, with many prominent beauty influencers publicly declaring that they would never promote Carter’s products again.

Even without their support, Cocoa Brown has done very well and is now sold in over 23 countries worldwide. It is even available in America’s largest retailer, Walmart.

Carter also has a budget cosmetics range, Carter Beauty Cosmetics, which she launched in 2018 with 103 products. It is distributed by Uniphar and the businesswoman stated on Instagram that she owns it completely.

When the cosmetics range launched, Carter held fan events around the country and promoted the new brand heavily on social media over the following year, as she had also done with Cocoa Brown.

She has 126,000 followers on her personal page, Cocoa Brown has 116,000 and Carter Beauty Cosmetics has 64,000. Carter is also well-connected as her products have been worn by celebrities like Ariana Grande, Cardi B and Kourtney Kardashian.

With such a high-profile and active presence, followers were baffled when she completely vanished from social media and event hosting for a number of months mid-2019, before returning to the limelight in 2020 .
During that time, Sundrelle noticeably ramped up its involvement in publicising the tanning products.

Over the past 24 hours, a tearful Carter has taken to Instagram on several occasions to declare her intention to take legal action against her Cocoa Brown business partners. She has also alleged that she no longer has access to the brand’s social media accounts.

While Sundrelle has the financial backing to defend a potential legal battle, its dilemma is that Carter can – and is – openly airing her gripes to her followers, who are also its customers.

Her name is synonymous with the tan and is also physically written on every bottle, and she has been the very public face of the brand for almost a decade.

Sundrelle’s money and Carter’s relentless promotion have combined to make a very successful product in recent years, and it could be argued that both were equally necessary for the brand to receive the traction it has achieved.

If an amicable solution isn’t swiftly forthcoming between both parties, the situation is likely to get a whole lot darker
All I can hope for is that Marissa finds herself the best business solicitor and take them through the cleaners , after all his first wife Liz did and fair to her too... Never underestimate the powers of a woman..... If pushed we will prove our worth

Yeh she had an affair with a cafe owner..her hubby went in one day & gave him a box🙈🙈Shes not as sweet as shes made out to be🤣
[/QUOTelE
Neither are Sundrelle, if i had a new product and going to them for s distribution deal I'd avoid like the plague. They've screwed a few in the past with new inventions only for them to send a copy off to China to duplicate and hey ho tell the poor divils "sorry the timing just isn't right yet for us to invest" and sell copies themselves.... Shower of crooks

Last edited:
All I can hope for is that Marissa finds herself the best business solicitor and take them through the cleaners , after all his first wife Liz did and fair to her too... Never underestimate the powers of a woman..... If pushed we will prove our worth
I worked for them in a previous life when liz was pregnant did they split up -