Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Roisin Dubh

VIP Member
Don’t feel too sorry for her, she is seeking attention as she always does..there is a reason she is doing what she is doing and so publicly too.
She goes on about supporting women and doing it for her kids but yet she didn’t think about her kids or the woman of the married man who she had an affair with for over a year. There is more to that story for sure.
Fake tears.
There are two sides to every story for sure. Two sides, and the truth, usually. However, you’re listed as a new member on here, and your total of 4 messages posted are all on this thread, so you clearly have some sort of involvement directly or indirectly with Marissa/Sundrelle. Try harder @SallyH FFS🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

dotiedot

Chatty Member
She goes on about supporting women and doing it for her kids but yet she didn’t think about her kids or the woman of the married man who she had an affair with for over a year. There is more to that story for sure
I dont understand why people keep bringing this up. Didn't her husband forgive her? As far as I know they are still together? So if they have worked through it as a couple then surely to God anonymous strangers on the Internet don't need to drag it into every single conversation about Marissa!

• Heart
Reactions: 37

CorkCailin

Lads, enough about the affair! They're grown ups! It's their relationship and they are obviously still together. If he can get over it, so can Tattle. 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 36

Axxsmile

I feel awful for Marissa met her in person and she was lovely and I had an operation one time and my friend tagged her in it saying my I had coco brown on during my operation and she sent me a huge parcel full of carter beauty stuff. I thought it was really really kind I really hope she gets some luck and her business back. Don’t want to say to much as this is Marissa a thread.

I hate dropping gold think it’s mucky and shit my mum knows her mum and the stories I could tell.. horrible family and will not support.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Hereforthelol’s

Chatty Member
Yup have a direct knowledge not hiding that at all. As mentioned in previous posts my sister worked with the cafe owner and was there the day Marissas husband came in faced the guy who she had an affair with and my sister was witness to it all. he even brought Marissas kids in to witness the confrontation.
There is truth in it I’m afraid. and she’s back looking for attention.
What has that got to do with this topic about bullying by her business partners . Your digging up old news for the sake of being nasty . Her husband is by her side and things have moved on . I think you should do too .
The woman is being bullied and we need to stamp out bullying. Let’s not divert from the conversation please

Reactions: 34

Flower45

VIP Member
Yup have a direct knowledge not hiding that at all. As mentioned in previous posts my sister worked with the cafe owner and was there the day Marissas husband came in faced the guy who she had an affair with and my sister was witness to it all. he even brought Marissas kids in to witness the confrontation.
You said previously it was your friends sister now its your own sister?
Have to say I couldn't care less about any affair. They are grownups

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Fakenews___

What's any of your inside knowledge got to do with the fact that shes being bullied by her own business partners so badly that her own marketing team arent "allowed" to meet with her?
Your a very sad individual if you think whats happening to her is ok because she had an affair one time 🙄 you must be a very sad bitter individual

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I read this on Phoenix. Posting it as it's behind a paywall but I have a sub. It explains the business structure.

TAN QUEEN Marissa Carter appears seriously browned off with her business partners, having taken to Instagram to announce that she plans to take legal action against them.

These partners in the tan company are also behind the mega-successful pharmacy wholesale distributor, Sundrelle, which made a profit of €3.76m in 2019, bringing accumulated profits to over €29 million.

The Meath-based Sundrelle is owned by its directors Fran O’Gorman (54%), Donal O’Gorman (20%) and Elizabeth O’Gorman (16%), with the remaining 10% owned by Thomas Nolan.

Directors’ remuneration for 2019 came in at €2.5m, a reduction on the previous year when they shared €3.7m.

Sundrelle exclusively distributes both the Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter tan range founded by Carter in 2012 and Suzanne “SoSu” Jackson’s range of tans and cosmetics. It also distributes various other brands, including Flormar, Tommie Tippee and Carmex.

The company behind the Cocoa Brown joint venture, Woodley Cottage Ltd, was incorporated in 2015. Carter’s unlimited company, MCCB Beauty, owns a third of the shares, while Carenno Limited (Fran) owns 36%, Roletto Ltd (Donal) owns 20% and Montoro Ltd (Thomas) owns 10%.

They are all directors as is Carter’s husband, Ronan O’Flaherty, and the company’s accumulated profits were almost €1m in 2019.

After she launched Cocoa Brown, Carter built up a big social media following. She was one of the first to harness the appeal of beauty bloggers to promote her products and grow the brand.

This strategy hit a sticky patch in 2017 when she declared to Nick Webb on Joe.ie’s Capital B business podcast that there was “absolutely no authenticity left in that business” and the “value of a blogger endorsement is nothing.”

Naturally, this proclamation didn’t go down well with the blogging community, with many prominent beauty influencers publicly declaring that they would never promote Carter’s products again.

Even without their support, Cocoa Brown has done very well and is now sold in over 23 countries worldwide. It is even available in America’s largest retailer, Walmart.

Carter also has a budget cosmetics range, Carter Beauty Cosmetics, which she launched in 2018 with 103 products. It is distributed by Uniphar and the businesswoman stated on Instagram that she owns it completely.

When the cosmetics range launched, Carter held fan events around the country and promoted the new brand heavily on social media over the following year, as she had also done with Cocoa Brown.

She has 126,000 followers on her personal page, Cocoa Brown has 116,000 and Carter Beauty Cosmetics has 64,000. Carter is also well-connected as her products have been worn by celebrities like Ariana Grande, Cardi B and Kourtney Kardashian.

With such a high-profile and active presence, followers were baffled when she completely vanished from social media and event hosting for a number of months mid-2019, before returning to the limelight in 2020 .
During that time, Sundrelle noticeably ramped up its involvement in publicising the tanning products.

Over the past 24 hours, a tearful Carter has taken to Instagram on several occasions to declare her intention to take legal action against her Cocoa Brown business partners. She has also alleged that she no longer has access to the brand’s social media accounts.

While Sundrelle has the financial backing to defend a potential legal battle, its dilemma is that Carter can – and is – openly airing her gripes to her followers, who are also its customers.

Her name is synonymous with the tan and is also physically written on every bottle, and she has been the very public face of the brand for almost a decade.

Sundrelle’s money and Carter’s relentless promotion have combined to make a very successful product in recent years, and it could be argued that both were equally necessary for the brand to receive the traction it has achieved.

If an amicable solution isn’t swiftly forthcoming between both parties, the situation is likely to get a whole lot darker

Reactions: 29

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
There are two sides to every story for sure. Two sides, and the truth, usually. However, you’re listed as a new member on here, and your total of 4 messages posted are all on this thread, so you clearly have some sort of involvement directly or indirectly with Marissa/Sundrelle. Try harder @SallyH FFS🤣🤣🤣
Sally Hansen... Stiff competition in the world of self tanning 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Tippytwinkletoes

I only found this thread through another thread as I stopped following Marissa after the cheating debacle. I just watched her there and there's no doubt she is upset but on a separate note what is with all these bloggers who come on Instagram to have a cry and do themselves up to the nines, use a filter, hold their camera at weird angles so they look their best, keep pretending to push their hair back but only half heartedly and have tears in their eyes that never seem to make it to their cheeks. When I cry it's tears streaking down my cheeks-leaving marks in my makeup if I have any on, red nose, red eyes etc. I just don't get it. Are they robots? A different species? Sorry for the essay but it just drives me batty and makes me feel its fake-though I'm sure its not. Its just that I most definitely do not look like that when I cry.

Reactions: 24

Jackjack38

VIP Member
Call me cynical but I'd imagine her coming on social media wasn't to let little girls know it's not ok to be bullied but to gain support and show her business partners how liked she is and that alot of people would stop buying CB if she were to be pushed out.
I reckon it's more of a back up plan to damage the brand if things don't go her way in the court room!!🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 22

Thegoodlife

VIP Member
I know this is not a rave thread but just seeing her getting into 1500 Walmarts in America is unbelievable. I’m sure she has a great team behind her but that is a massive accomplishment for her by any standards. SO SUE WHO 😆😆

Reactions: 18

SallyH

It sure was true, my fiends sister worked in that coffee shop and was there the day Marissas husband came in to beat up the guy she was having an affair with. Apparently they were at it for over a year! He was a married man too, his wife was doing IVF which apparently Marissa knew about, which is just so cruel.
She is def not as innocent as she makes herself out to be.

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Chulfy

The cheating thing is true. I heard she had her staff booking her hotels for her and that he discovered it all by private investigator.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
First time poster here.

She basically said she's been bullied, that there's been loads going on but the straw that broke the camel's back for her happened yesterday. She was due to have the Cocoa Brown marketing team over to her house for lunch but half an hour before they were due to arrive she got a text from them saying they wouldn't be there because they weren't allowed to go.

Kate Kelly and Stephanie O'Quigley are both still friends with her so they must have left on good terms. I think Kate moved to Limerick and Stephanie moved to NYC that's why they left.

She did say earlier on in her stories that she never took any investment for Carter Beauty so that business in entirely her own.

I feel very sorry for her, and I get why she wanted to speak out, but if she's going to be challenging any of this legally I'm not sure she did her case any favours speaking out about it.

She is so linked with the brand Cocoa Brown though. Sure it even says Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter on all the bottles.

Reactions: 16

CailínBeag

VIP Member
Really disappointed Marissa didn't say or post much in relation to Ashling Murphy, isn't she always going on about empowering women and standing up to bullies. Unfollowed!!
I don't know about this logic - I'd rather someone say nothing at all than post something for the sake of it and cock it up, like most of the other influencers did over the last couple of days, I can do without that tokenism.

A post online doesn't change how horrific it was and doesn't mean she wasn't thinking about it, or disgusted by it like everyone else is.

So the last she mentioned of coca brown was that she got locked out of emails etc... basically booted out of the company and was bullied out. Now I see she's all back about coca brown and back involved. Talking about it on good glow podcast. Have I missed the part where she addressed what happened or why she's back? Is she not been bullied anymore. How did the court case go?