Marissa Carter - Cocoa Brown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the same on Tignam's page, her affair is brought up every couple of pages. Like she's a dose without needing that brought up everyday. Unless you're personally affected by their affair I'm nir really sure what it's got to do with anything!

Reactions: 6
@Moooredgirl, I’m a nobody too🤣

It's the same on Tignam's page, her affair is brought up every couple of pages. Like she's a dose without needing that brought up everyday. Unless you're personally affected by their affair I'm nir really sure what it's got to do with anything!
Ah sure Tigs can do nothing right🤣🤣 Luring a man into riding in the back of his shop, and taking him away from his wife. All her fault, sure he had no hand, act, or part in it at all🥴🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I feel awful for Marissa met her in person and she was lovely and I had an operation one time and my friend tagged her in it saying my I had coco brown on during my operation and she sent me a huge parcel full of carter beauty stuff. I thought it was really really kind I really hope she gets some luck and her business back. Don’t want to say to much as this is Marissa a thread.

I hate dropping gold think it’s mucky and tit my mum knows her mum and the stories I could tell.. horrible family and will not support.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She’s a dose. Simple. Sure she bullied one of her own cocoa brown staff out of a position. And before anyone jumps on me, it’s NOT somebody I care about. I know her, but don’t necessarily care. It’s a properly sly trait to drag your staff into covering up your affair.

She also lied and turfed tenants out of the apartment she owns in Carrickmines to allow that Claudia one to move into it before she upped and left to work for Spotlight

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Thought was v odd to see chemists no longer stocking the make up must have been brewing for a long time
Loved the shampoo & conditioner

Reactions: 2
Have to agree with you here. Maybe I’m just cynical though. Something never adds up for me when someone comes on social media crying down their phone about stuff going on in their life. I don’t see the point to it. If she’s legally taking it on good for her but why the need for the public cry??
100%. And if it’s a bad business deal, then it’s just business, not bullying. This ‘poor me’ stuff without context just gives women a bad name.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I hate dropping gold think it’s mucky and tit my mum knows her mum and the stories I could tell.. horrible family and will not support.
[/QUOTE]

Oh don't leave us hanging!!!🤪 they are a bunch of idiots! Use code language!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I feel awful for Marissa met her in person and she was lovely and I had an operation one time and my friend tagged her in it saying my I had coco brown on during my operation and she sent me a huge parcel full of carter beauty stuff. I thought it was really really kind I really hope she gets some luck and her business back. Don’t want to say to much as this is Marissa a thread.

get over to the Suzanne page and spill the tea ASAP haha

• Haha
I read this on Phoenix. Posting it as it's behind a paywall but I have a sub. It explains the business structure.

TAN QUEEN Marissa Carter appears seriously browned off with her business partners, having taken to Instagram to announce that she plans to take legal action against them.

These partners in the tan company are also behind the mega-successful pharmacy wholesale distributor, Sundrelle, which made a profit of €3.76m in 2019, bringing accumulated profits to over €29 million.

The Meath-based Sundrelle is owned by its directors Fran O’Gorman (54%), Donal O’Gorman (20%) and Elizabeth O’Gorman (16%), with the remaining 10% owned by Thomas Nolan.

Directors’ remuneration for 2019 came in at €2.5m, a reduction on the previous year when they shared €3.7m.

Sundrelle exclusively distributes both the Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter tan range founded by Carter in 2012 and Suzanne “SoSu” Jackson’s range of tans and cosmetics. It also distributes various other brands, including Flormar, Tommie Tippee and Carmex.

The company behind the Cocoa Brown joint venture, Woodley Cottage Ltd, was incorporated in 2015. Carter’s unlimited company, MCCB Beauty, owns a third of the shares, while Carenno Limited (Fran) owns 36%, Roletto Ltd (Donal) owns 20% and Montoro Ltd (Thomas) owns 10%.

They are all directors as is Carter’s husband, Ronan O’Flaherty, and the company’s accumulated profits were almost €1m in 2019.

After she launched Cocoa Brown, Carter built up a big social media following. She was one of the first to harness the appeal of beauty bloggers to promote her products and grow the brand.

This strategy hit a sticky patch in 2017 when she declared to Nick Webb on Joe.ie’s Capital B business podcast that there was “absolutely no authenticity left in that business” and the “value of a blogger endorsement is nothing.”

Naturally, this proclamation didn’t go down well with the blogging community, with many prominent beauty influencers publicly declaring that they would never promote Carter’s products again.

Even without their support, Cocoa Brown has done very well and is now sold in over 23 countries worldwide. It is even available in America’s largest retailer, Walmart.

Carter also has a budget cosmetics range, Carter Beauty Cosmetics, which she launched in 2018 with 103 products. It is distributed by Uniphar and the businesswoman stated on Instagram that she owns it completely.

When the cosmetics range launched, Carter held fan events around the country and promoted the new brand heavily on social media over the following year, as she had also done with Cocoa Brown.

She has 126,000 followers on her personal page, Cocoa Brown has 116,000 and Carter Beauty Cosmetics has 64,000. Carter is also well-connected as her products have been worn by celebrities like Ariana Grande, Cardi B and Kourtney Kardashian.

With such a high-profile and active presence, followers were baffled when she completely vanished from social media and event hosting for a number of months mid-2019, before returning to the limelight in 2020 .
During that time, Sundrelle noticeably ramped up its involvement in publicising the tanning products.

Over the past 24 hours, a tearful Carter has taken to Instagram on several occasions to declare her intention to take legal action against her Cocoa Brown business partners. She has also alleged that she no longer has access to the brand’s social media accounts.

While Sundrelle has the financial backing to defend a potential legal battle, its dilemma is that Carter can – and is – openly airing her gripes to her followers, who are also its customers.

Her name is synonymous with the tan and is also physically written on every bottle, and she has been the very public face of the brand for almost a decade.

Sundrelle’s money and Carter’s relentless promotion have combined to make a very successful product in recent years, and it could be argued that both were equally necessary for the brand to receive the traction it has achieved.

If an amicable solution isn’t swiftly forthcoming between both parties, the situation is likely to get a whole lot darker

Reactions: 29
Sue is pumping out any old shite and I don't believe for one second she has much input to any of it. She's just a face to help sell the products. She said the other day she wished she could leave social media, which makes me think she's contractually obliged to stay and promote stuff. You can tell Marissa genuinely puts effort into her products.
sosu thrives on social media, not a hope she would leave it. She only disappears for a while, any update on the dog?

I'm not so sure about this... I checked the sundrelle website and under brands they have Sosu by Suzanne Jackson and Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter. I looked at their brochure and their top sellers for 2021 include Dripping Gold tan and its featured with all the other Sosu white label shite. No mention at all of Carter Beauty which would make sense if Sundrelle has no investment in it. I think from looking at their distribution brochures that they have all of Suzanne Jacksons products. I don't think she's business savvy enough to have multiple investors or cash fluid enough to have set up the full investment into her tan line by herself. Both Sue and Marissa have had Fran O'Gorman on their socials previously.

Www.Sundrelle.ie/brands/

No Sundrelle jus distribute it for her. Her and Dylan own Dripping Gold. Sundrelle couldnt invest into as it was a conflict of interest with cocoa brown.

Reactions: 3
sosu thrives on social media, not a hope she would leave it. She only disappears for a while, any update on the dog?
Yep check out dogtorbob on Insta or Raheny vets. Looks like the rabies shot caused the illness

Reactions: 1
Rachel ogoromon is the woman behind the drama with Ccb, she's a bit of a weapon and the team at coco brown arent saints either

• Wow
Yep check out dogtorbob on Insta or Raheny vets. Looks like the rabies shot caused the illness
I see she's back in the Algarve her and the Dills

Rachel ogoromon is the woman behind the drama with Ccb, she's a bit of a weapon and the team at coco brown arent saints either
That's wives for ya.... Frannos other half

No Sundrelle jus distribute it for her. Her and Dylan own Dripping Gold. Sundrelle couldnt invest into as it was a conflict of interest with cocoa brown.
What's any of your inside knowledge got to do with the fact that shes being bullied by her own business partners so badly that her own marketing team arent "allowed" to meet with her?
Your a very sad individual if you think whats happening to her is ok because she had an affair one time 🙄 you must be a very sad bitter individual
her business partners are no angels either, not saying affairs, white lines springs to mind.

CB is both in their current catalogue and 100 best sellers, maybe a specsavers wouldn't do you know harm... We have it here on shop floor

Last edited:
Reactions: 2