Mamamia #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am loving Kelly in her Barbie era. I wish I could pull off pink eye shadow. She needs an affiliate link for those blazers because I am adding to cart šŸ˜‚
4F1B54C0-7B9D-4466-A14F-C81C56215D16.jpeg

4E261ECF-A9BA-4D66-8687-2B86BDFD3442.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Mia's instababble crap today, she references Jessie's new novel as her 'first novel' multiple times.. awkward, considering Jessie's first novel, Heartsick was literally a NYT Bestseller. I think it must be criteria to work at MM to be sloppy with grammar, fact checking etc
Heartsick is narrative non fiction, so this is her first novel.

Reactions: 7
Do you listen to the Sami Lukis ones? Her first season was great and she's just started the second season. There's also a good one by Vanity Fair, they interviewed LTW on the last episode (forget her name in real life)
OMG thank you, I will look up those. I only did the monthly one so it was only $7 which I will promptly unsubscribe from!

Reactions: 4
The Every Outfit On SATC podcast also do an awesome recap every week and do not hold back! I get the sense Mia follows them and is ā€œinspiredā€ by a lot of their views.

I did think it was rich that And Just Like That sponsors MMOL but their recap episodes are subscriber only.

The Every Outfit On SATC podcast also do an awesome recap every week and do not hold back! I get the sense Mia follows them and is ā€œinspiredā€ by a lot of their views.

I did think it was rich that And Just Like That sponsors MMOL but their recap episodes are subscriber only.
MM definitely take their inspiration for And Just Like That topics from other publications and podcasts. And all Mia does in whinge, there's very little nuanced discussion. Way better ones out there. James Weir on Sami Lukis' podcast cracks me up

I find Kelly as irritating as Leigha Campbell. Stopped
Listening to the You Beauty podcast because couldnā€™t stand their grating voices. Not many brain cells between them
---
Oh god, thereā€™s ANOTHER podcast with Jessie. At this point itā€™s just become the ā€˜Mia and her family and friends ā€˜ show

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

Every Outfit is my #1 podcast. They should be in the writers room ASAP to save this show.

Reactions: 5
I find Kelly as irritating as Leigha Campbell. Stopped
Listening to the You Beauty podcast because couldnā€™t stand their grating voices. Not many brain cells between them
---
Oh god, thereā€™s ANOTHER podcast with Jessie. At this point itā€™s just become the ā€˜Mia and her family and friends ā€˜ show
Itā€™s a bit weird at this point. They are all related and then just interview each other about themselves???

Reactions: 10
I love Kelly. I Hope the rumours on the Aussie Influencers thread arenā€™t true about her and Like splitting

• Wow
The "class" talk at the end of Jessie's No Filter episode was so cringe.
She didn't exactly grow up poor, from what I know she grew up somewhere around Ryde? and her parents are teachers, hardly on struggle street and then the whole Oh you can afford things now and now you have a life in the East, my eyes almost disappeared beg=hind my head :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The "class" talk at the end of Jessie's No Filter episode was so cringe.
She didn't exactly grow up poor, from what I know she grew up somewhere around Ryde? and her parents are teachers, hardly on struggle street and then the whole Oh you can afford things now and now you have a life in the East, my eyes almost disappeared beg=hind my head :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
This made me cringe so hard. Iā€™m not from Sydney, so maybe I just donā€™t get it, but duck. Her parents are both teachers, she went to private school. How exactly did she grow up poor?!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And the sycophants are out in the comment section šŸ¤® oh thank you Jessie for articulating how we feel ā€¦ā€¦ you grew up with two employed parents and went to a very good school. Shut up

• Sick
Reactions: 17
What school did she go to? If it was where her parent/s taught then maybe thatā€™s why she was able to go there. Sending 4 kids to private school wouldnā€™t be possible on teachers salaries.

Reactions: 3
What school did she go to? If it was where her parent/s taught then maybe thatā€™s why she was able to go there. Sending 4 kids to private school wouldnā€™t be possible on teachers salaries.
In her defence there are so many kids at private schools on scholarships or bursaries or maybe their parents are busting their asses to send them there. Private school doesn't automatically mean wealthy family.

Reactions: 3
Catholic private schools arenā€™t usually that exxy and they probably did get a discount. But saying sheā€™s poor is ridiculous

Catholic private schools arenā€™t usually that exxy and they probably did get a discount. But saying sheā€™s poor is ridiculous
Yes this! I went to a catholic school along with my three brothers and sisters and we were firmly middle class. Itā€™s not too expensive to send them - about $3k a year. But Jessie is not from a poor family, just an average middle class family.

Reactions: 8
so she's moved from Hunters Hill to Bellevue Hill... it's basically My Fair Lady šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It is possible ...Private doesn't mean super expensive. Both her parents would be step 10 which is 110k ish each, more if they hold any leadership role. There are plenty of private schools in the 3k-5k per year price bracket. And, every subsequent sibling usually gets discount.

Reactions: 2
It is possible ...Private doesn't mean super expensive. Both her parents would be step 10 which is 110k ish each, more if they hold any leadership role. There are plenty of private schools in the 3k-5k per year price bracket. And, every subsequent sibling usually gets discount.
Fair enough, I donā€™t know about catholic private schools but the traditional Sydney private school set is certainly not in that price range and definitely not possible on that kind of salary.
Has she ever said what school she went to?

Edit - looks like Marist Sisters Woolwich, a catholic school in a nice area of Sydney. If she grew up even within half an hour of Woolwich itā€™s a far cry from the picture she painted of her ā€˜western Sydneyā€™ upbringing.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.