Mamamia #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a 16 month old and a pregnancy/birth podcast addiction, as a result of my pregnancy (yes, did I mention I was pregnant and have a child?)….

can I say it’s no surprise that The Bump has found itself in hot water. Felt shallow and cringey from Ep 1. There are so many other sensitive, informed podcasters/interviewers on this topic doing so MUCH better. Usually they have more qualifications then just being pregnant 1-5 times too.

Reactions: 12
I have a 16 month old and a pregnancy/birth podcast addiction, as a result of my pregnancy (yes, did I mention I was pregnant and have a child?)….

can I say it’s no surprise that The Bump has found itself in hot water. Felt shallow and cringey from Ep 1. There are so many other sensitive, informed podcasters/interviewers on this topic doing so MUCH better. Usually they have more qualifications then just being pregnant 1-5 times too.
It’s so flippant and barely researched. Being knocked up doesn’t make one an expert! The Cancelled episode is absolutely awful. It’s just boring whining

Reactions: 7
I liked Emma Gillespie and I've heard her on Hack on the ABC a few times so maybe they employed her?

Reactions: 5
Do we think they’ll address the recent media reports about Lisa Wilkinson and her comments about Senator Jacinta Price ? Nah, silly me, they ignore stories involving their mates

Reactions: 7
I can't believe I'm saying this as I'm no fan of Lisa Wilkinson (and even less of her husband), but Jacinta Price is an absolute piece of work.

Reactions: 5
Do we think they’ll address the recent media reports about Lisa Wilkinson and her comments about Senator Jacinta Price ? Nah, silly me, they ignore stories involving their mates
Lisa and her husband are awful!
---
Ms Jessie addressed the HG snafu on the pod. Defensive as duck

Reactions: 4
On today’s Outloud. She twisted it into an internet pile on, of course.
Such a dumb approach but classic Mamamia. All she had to do was say “we’ve since done more research on HG and realised our past episode wasn’t helpful. Here’s an expert with some real information” FFS it’s not that hard.

Reactions: 14
Such a dumb approach but classic Mamamia. All she had to do was say “we’ve since done more research on HG and realised our past episode wasn’t helpful. Here’s an expert with some real information” FFS it’s not that hard.
It’s going to be fun to watch her as a new mum. She’s the expert, can’t accept any constructive commentary 👀

Reactions: 8
Exactly. That’s all they needed to do. As a 3 x HG mum, I didn’t find anything incredibly awful about what Jessie and Gemma themselves said, but their “expert” was awful and not helpful at all. I’m someone who lay in a dark room for 14 weeks, unable to lift my head without vomiting, mostly alone as I was living away from friends and family, before my doctors took me seriously in my first pregnancy, because they saw I’d lost 20kg. It’s not an “internet pile on”, or a group of mums being mean to the new mum, for HG sufferers who have been dismissed in so many instances to speak up and say that they found the episode inadequate at best and hurtful at worst.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Exactly. That’s all they needed to do. As a 3 x HG mum, I didn’t find anything incredibly awful about what Jessie and Gemma themselves said, but their “expert” was awful and not helpful at all. I’m someone who lay in a dark room for 14 weeks, unable to lift my head without vomiting, mostly alone as I was living away from friends and family, before my doctors took me seriously in my first pregnancy, because they saw I’d lost 20kg. It’s not an “internet pile on”, or a group of mums being mean to the new mum, for HG sufferers who have been dismissed in so many instances to speak up and say that they found the episode inadequate at best and hurtful at worst.
Third time HG mum here as well (21 weeks with my third so still in it). It’s just really not good enough. The number of times I had to go to emergency with my first pregnancy and had to push and push for treatment in between throwing up. It makes me so angry that they’ve given this “expert” a platform.
And now they’re turning around and gaslighting HG survivors who have called them out. Gross behaviour, but as I said before it’s classic Mamamia. The fact any of them call themselves journalists is also laughable.

Reactions: 13
I listened to the new episode of Hello Bump and Jessie’s privilege really came through. ‘She’ (obviously not her. Mia) is using a private obstetrician despite not having insurance. I can’t imagine what that would cost.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Is anyone surprised that Mia does a poll asking “would you like to see my European holiday snaps or is it tone deaf given the cost of living crisis” or words to that effect? Not sure what the poll results were but seriously why did she do this? We know you’re going to share them anyway and just want to put a disclaimer out to prove your not tone deaf in case you get called out on it. She even called out one of her friends for being “basic” for earlier taking the same photo of a popular, French, restaurant “we’re basic”. Ummm you might be…. Sometimes it baffles me how she’s got to where she is given how she appears to have such little social awareness and when she attempts to “empathise” with people like on No Filter for example, her body language is so over the top and performative it comes across as disingenuous.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.