Mamamia #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s an argument about Mia happening on the group right now…..
---

I also wonder if any are part of a union? Everyone here will have differing views, but Mia has some STRONG anti-union vibes.
Oh screenshots of the argument? I don’t have fb but would love to see

Reactions: 4
Quite lengthy thread — but you’ll get the drift. Original post in the last image.
Wow! I also had no idea Mia was going to be on Australian Story. She hates any profile piece on her that she can't control 100% and she also hates it getting out there just how wealthy her Dad is (100m+) also those Outlouders are sickening. And no, Mia doesn't acknowledge her privelege. Yes she works hard. But she also went to Ascham. Her Dad knew someone in the Cosmo/Dolly office, that's how she got her foot in the door. She could afford nannies which is why she could continue to work so hard while her babies were little. Etc etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
She pulled out of Australian Story??

I will never understand grown women going so hard into bat for someone who would never give them a second’s thought.

Reactions: 14
Is there a moderator in that group or it just goes unchecked on weekends

it’s interesting how quite a few people at Mamamia have gone to some sort of manager roles and then asked to scale back such as Holly, Claire and Leigh

Reactions: 11
There’s an argument about Mia happening on the group right now…..
---

I also wonder if any are part of a union? Everyone here will have differing views, but Mia has some STRONG anti-union vibes.
Mia was filthy at WFH and any extra leave entitlements “as a business owner”. Business owner capitalist first 🩷

Reactions: 13
Wow! I also had no idea Mia was going to be on Australian Story. She hates any profile piece on her that she can't control 100% and she also hates it getting out there just how wealthy her Dad is (100m+) also those Outlouders are sickening. And no, Mia doesn't acknowledge her privelege. Yes she works hard. But she also went to Ascham. Her Dad knew someone in the Cosmo/Dolly office, that's how she got her foot in the door. She could afford nannies which is why she could continue to work so hard while her babies were little. Etc etc.
Very true. I didn’t actually know any of this until reading more stories, Wikipedia and things on here. Even though I’ve listened to most episodes for a few years now. Very carefully curated image… and it’s pretty clear most listeners are in the dark too. There are some hints of it in Mia’s viewpoints, for sure.
---
Mia was filthy at WFH and any extra leave entitlements “as a business owner”. Business owner capitalist first 🩷
She once said on a pod that she’s socially progressive but fiscally conservative. It was said quite quickly and never again. I thinks it’s fine to have that viewpoint, but she does try to act coy and ‘devil’s advocate’ when clearly she just has some firm capitalist beliefs — and her ‘inspirational lady start up’ story isn’t all sunshine and ethics.

Reactions: 10
I just read through the the post in the Facebook group calling out Mia's privilege - the way some of the people defend miss Mia is crazy.

IMG_20230716_120937.jpg

This comment... Mia would have succeeded anyway as she was talented.

• Haha
It’s such a weird cult and anytime you criticise or ask questions (as Mia and co love to do) - you get accused of talk poppy!

Reactions: 7
Can some poor sucker listen to Jessie’s birth story ep so I don’t have to?
Ok will do a recap but I’m 18 mins in and this is what has happened so far:

- she was NOT in proper labour for 62hrs. She is doing yoga, going for walks, watering plants up until Saturday night (40hrs in). She just had some contractions that were light, I would say very early labour/Braxton Hicks. Most women go through this before birth.
- she is very woo woo. Talks a lot about calm birth, going “within” herself and feeling empowered to let her body do what it needs to do and not be in a rush. Standard Jessie taking something pretty regular and turning it into some special experience
- contractions didn’t get strong until late Saturday night. Went to hospital early morning Sunday (had the baby later that day). So standard birth.
- craps on about all the techniques she uses for pain, sounds like a pain in the ass to the nurses and anaesthetist
- Mia and Holly fawning all over her about her “experience”
- got the epidural at 7am Sunday. Talk incessantly about her broken leg experience and how it prepared her for the pain of birth.

More to come …

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Did you know Jessie gave birth? - the recap

Holly introduces the pod in a diplomatic way.

1am Friday: The exact moment it started with a backache.
6am Friday morning: first contraction and Jessie woke Luca up.

Something about mucus plugs and shows.

Jessie laid around a bit on Friday. Ate something.

Jessie has had period pains stronger than the contractions. All was calm that day.

Contractions intensified when it got dark.

Used a TENS machine.

Used a contractions timer, wanted to get to 5 minutes between contractions.

Claire came over. Watched a movie. Ordered some dinner.

Contractions became irregular at 12 hours.

Spoke to midwife on the phone. Midwife confirmed waters had not broken.

Mia did not tell Holly about birth till Sunday luncthtime.

Mia took meds, checked the fam group chat, Jessie was on chat at 6am -- major clue to Mia that labour was happening...... Mia discusses more about how she knew, knew early, how she was feeling...

Stay tuned for more soon...

Interesting tidbits:

After Jessie talked so much about doing the CalmBirth course, it turned out she didn't do the actual course and watched videos on YouTube. (As a CalmBirth course graduate myself, I can tell you that these are different things).

Jessie did take private birthing classes - found out that you're more likely to birth when it's dark.

Guys. It's only 7 out of 54 minutes in.
---
24 hours into labour -- also feels like 24 hours into the podcast...

Jessie calls the hospital and asks to go in. Early labour confirmed. Midwife gives advice.

Mia confesses she had a hospital outfit laid out on Friday night.

Jessie does jobs, and talks through contractions, watches another movie.

Something about Jessie not making noise. Well done Jessie.

Mia was texting Luca telling him that Jessie should be in hospital hooked up to a monitor.

Pain intensifies on Saturday night.

TOP BOOSTS the TENS Machine! TURBO. Jessie needs additional pain relief.

It's nine minutes to the hospital....

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Did you know Jessie gave birth? - the recap

Holly introduces the pod in a diplomatic way.

1am Friday: The exact moment it started with a backache.
6am Friday morning: first contraction and Jessie woke Luca up.

Something about mucus plugs and shows.

Jessie laid around a bit on Friday. Ate something.

Jessie has had period pains stronger than the contractions. All was calm that day.

Contractions intensified when it got dark.

Used a TENS machine.

Used a contractions timer, wanted to get to 5 minutes between contractions.

Claire came over. Watched a movie. Ordered some dinner.

Contractions became irregular at 12 hours.

Spoke to midwife on the phone. Midwife confirmed waters had not broken.

Mia did not tell Holly about birth till Sunday luncthtime.

Mia took meds, checked the fam group chat, Jessie was on chat at 6am -- major clue to Mia that labour was happening...... Mia discusses more about how she knew, knew early, how she was feeling...

Stay tuned for more soon...

Interesting tidbits:

After Jessie talked so much about doing the CalmBirth course, it turned out she didn't do the actual course and watched videos on YouTube. (As a CalmBirth course graduate myself, I can tell you that these are different things).

Jessie did take private birthing classes - found out that you're more likely to birth when it's dark.

Guys. It's only 7 out of 54 minutes in.
---
24 hours into labour -- also feels like 24 hours into the podcast...

Jessie calls the hospital and asks to go in. Early labour confirmed. Midwife gives advice.

Mia confesses she had a hospital outfit laid out on Friday night.

Jessie does jobs, and talks through contractions, watches another movie.

Something about Jessie not making noise. Well done Jessie.

Mia was texting Luca telling him that Jessie should be in hospital hooked up to a monitor.

Pain intensifies on Saturday night.

TOP BOOSTS the TENS Machine! TURBO. Jessie needs additional pain relief.

It's nine minutes to the hospital....
Love this! I’m also listening and it turns out that Sunday was the only day she had strong contractions, so a pretty regular 12-15 hrs of labour.

We get more education on the things Jessie has read, thanks Jessie.

Jessie starts on the gas. Gets impatient. TENS machine is ON. Sucking gas.

Jessie wants the epidural in the EXACT RIGHT TIME.

We get to hear about the stretch and sweep. Very painful and scary.

The cervix had to be pulled forward, clawed or similar. Midwife 'stretches around'. I'm quoting this directly.

7am Sunday -- time for epidural. Jessie can't talk through contractions.

Broken leg was the biggest blessing -- Jessie didn't have pain relief for 8 hours after snapping her tibia. Did you know about that?

Epidural is awesome, but she gets hers before the mother next door (who was screaming). First time in 50 hours without pain.

THREE CM DIALATED TEAM.

Waters naturally break on the table at 9.58am Sunday. Lots of farting follows.

Hello Bump (the pod) helped Jessie know what to ask for, and what to do.

SIX CM at 6pm, Sunday.

Claire, Jessie's Mum and Dad come to visit, as Mia pointedly points out.

Discussions about other options including C-Section, to be decided at 10pm, Sunday

"Was it like you had to do a poo?" - Mia's insightful question.

Midwife looks inbetween Jessie's legs.

WE'RE AT A TEN.

Jessie has practiced pushing before birth, every night. A+ for diligence.

Jessie knocks out epidural out of place, after 62.5 hours of labour.

Description of baby crowning. Fairly descriptive.

Obstetrician isn't there yet.

Mia is in the car.

Obstetrician was only there for four pushes.

"Was the whole head out of your vagina?" - Mia

BABY IS HERE. Transformative. Unbelievable. Had been living at 20% until this moment.

Baby latches straight away.

Placenta fell out.

Congratulations all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
What a weirdo saying she was in labour for 62 hours!! I kind of give her some slack as a first time mum who doesn’t know the difference but surely her mum or Mia could educate her that she hasn’t had the world’s longest labour, but that most people don’t start counting then!

Reactions: 12
Why over exaggerate the hours of birth, when my sister had her babies, sure she was taken in a few hours earlier but if you ask her how long she was in labour?
1 hour is her answer😆

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.