Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Taylor777

Also.. the more I listen to Mia, the more I worry about the working conditions and pay of staff. Are they getting their piece of the subs pie?
I agree. I think they are really underpaid at MM. and conditions are not good. I really wouldn’t want to work there. They are seem to talk way too much about how much they “work”, it seems pretty all consuming.

Reactions: 16

Newhere2

VIP Member
Just finished today's ep.. they so badly want to mention Tattle by name but won't 🤣 it's so clear the episode was directed at this site and us 'Soft Trolls'
---
Instead of thinking about what their consumers actually want to listen to, they literally are making podcasts to suit the staff on the payroll…

Leigh fucking Campbell is the least fashionable person I’ve ever seen
They are also doing a new travel section. Shall we take bets on how long it takes Lazy Leigh Grifter Campbell to put her hand up for a free 'work trip' so that she can write a subpar article about it, and slap some misspelt copy on her IG stories that show ugly hotel showers and soggy buffet breakfasts?

Last edited:

Robot Lady

VIP Member
It speaks to the insane levels of her vanity to assume people care about her labour story enough for her to repeat it 77 times on various platforms.
I remember thinking that my birth story was the most fascinating thing to have ever happened in the history of the world 😂 I *almost* started a blog because I thought people should know all about it. Thank the lord that I have no real online presence and realised pretty quickly that my friends only found it mildly interesting.

• Haha

Taylor777

Look, this might be unpopular, but I actually think it is perfectly okay for women to want to share their positive birth stories, and I strongly feel that it is unfair to suggest that a woman cannot do so for fear of upsetting someone else who had a traumatic experience. I am absolutely on board with content and/or trigger warnings, so that people can choose to avoid content that is triggering or upsetting for them. Of course we shouldn’t go around sharing our stories with others at random and without permission. However, many people enjoy listening to positive birth stories. I especially loved them prior to having my first child, and I still love listening to podcasts like Australian Birth Stories. Some will find them indulgent and that’s fine, but they have a place.

Many, many women have positive birth experiences and I don’t see why everything must be doom and gloom about birth. That leads to unnecessary fear and worry for new mums. I completely agree that Jessie warrants criticism for inflating the length of her labour etc, but if she or any other mum feels like they would relive their birth experience, that doesn’t take away from another person’s traumatic experience and their right to grieve that. Lots of women love pregnancy — but for me it is horrendous, endless nausea and vomiting with not a second of relief until the placenta is out. I’m not going to go around saying other women can’t share that they enjoyed their pregnancies, just because I have feelings of deep sadness around my own experiences. So I’m not sure why I can’t say that I’d happily give birth over again, because that has been the good part for me. I’ve had women who judged me for needing anti-emetics to survive pregnancy get up in arms and tell me I was silly for not having pain relief in labour.

I think the real issues arise where we don’t acknowledge that we have been fortunate in a certain domain and that others aren’t less successful etc because they’ve struggled. That’s probably more the issue with Jessie than her having a positive birth story.
I agree with sharing positive birth stories but I do think people’s issue with Jessie is the attention seeking efforts, the inflating stories and everything being turned into self promotion. I would also add that during the telling of her story, all three of them ventured into valuing one type of birth over others. From someone who had really positive csection stories I am fully open and expressive of how wonderful they were for me, but it does seem that that is not accepted as “sharing” a positive story. It seems to be only one type of birth and it’s to e one that Jessie had. It does seem disingenuous by all three of them to talk about this birth as just one mother telling her story when it’s actually being used for a multiple of dollar making uses, as the “perfect” birth story. Would she be sharing it as openly if it wasn’t all she had dreamt of? Probably not.

• Heart

Newhere2

VIP Member
Is this Mia in damage control? I have never seen a comment like this publicly on any of her employees accounts...
---
Don't want a political debate but I completely agree with these comments. 'What Mia and her teenage daughter are talking about'. They haven't even tried to explain the situation in Gaza, even from a factual or newsworthy point of view. Any tiny mention of the war always begins with Mia putting her biased spin in the preamble. I am not pro anyone, I think that the fact that as a media/news organisation that they are completely avoiding this topic is unprofessional!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

mfch

I don’t think they’re going to last tbh. I think he clearly wasn’t ready for a baby, he sounds very young. Just a big yikes.

Michy02

VIP Member
I hate the term Lazy Gewl with a passion. I can’t stand it! Those twins have made it their whole personality. They both seem pretty successful in their jobs so not tooooo lazy gewl.

mummasoc

Chatty Member
That’s why I’m NOT paying for it anymore. Don’t even listen to any of the podcasts any more. I don’t need to hear any more about the Freedman/Lavigne family and their babies. Or LeighA Campbell telling me how to be a better parent when she spends every second she can away from her kid and has blatantly said she hates being a parent, or fashion advice from her when she looks like a crumpled bed half the time. Or whinging by Clare about why she’s the poor second twin. No intelligent content anymore. Except occasionally from Holly. Bit they’re slowly morphing her into one of them

• Haha

mammamaria

Which is not remotely normal but the way that Clare talks is probably expected. I think she said her therapist had said they had a toxic relationship?
Jessie bought a house, has two books out, has the freedman money. I feel a bit sorry for Clare but wish she’d just get away and do her own thing rather than being the ‘trailing twin’
100% why are they working together in the same company? No doubt they were sent to the same school, probably same class but they chose the same uni, same degree even but why carry this on in adult life? It's not healthy. If I had twins I would encourage them to be their own person, seek individuality and not copy/follow each other just for the sake of it. It's really sad to watch them having a pissing competition everyday.

Coming into this blind as I have no interest in getting involved in middle Eastern politics. People are sending the pregnant twin photos of dead babies- that's wrong.
Why though? Did someone encourage this?
Clementine is sharing stuff on her own stories. I don’t think she’s contacted anyone directly. I wouldn’t be surprised if people were messaging the twins, but that has nothing to do with Clementine. I think she’s over simplifying it. People will be sending the twins stories and footage of the conflict, hoping that they’ll talk about it, given they host a podcast that is meant to be what women are talking about 🤪

DollyPollyDolly

Jessie says that breaking her leg was more painful than childbirth…. But… she also had an epidural. Could that have been a relevant factor. 🤣 Christ.

At pains to point out how “easy” she finds it looking after the baby, and how she is “in heaven”. How easy and natural bf is for her.

Giiiiirl. I feel bad for new mums listening to this crap and thinking that this is an accurate description of childbirth and postpartum. I thought people had long since stopped bullshitting about the bliss of it all but not Jessie.

Holly and Mia (but particularly Holly) have spoken very honestly about new parenthood in the past. It was palpable how much side eye Holly would’ve been giving as Jessie banged on endlessly about how easy she has found it all.

sexylandbag

The horrific images of what is happening in Gaza are all over the internet. I have sympathy that Claire is about to give birth and Jessie is a new mum, seeing images of dead babies would be particularly triggering.

But they’re sitting pretty allowing Mia to use her own bias and Zionism to run the media narrative at Mamamia. I hope they’re getting heat for it, their complete silence about this conflict is unforgivable.

Don’t like images of dead babies? Maybe sit with that and call for a ceasefire like millions of other mothers around the country.

mummasoc

Chatty Member
Yeah cause Kyle Sandilands makes the world a better place for women and girls with the misogynistic crap he goes in with. Will never understand the appeal of those two.

mfch

Did you catch where she was talking about her baby vs Jessie’s getting the higher HSC score and then being like ‘it’s okay because Luna will do the IB’ lady you need some therapy 😳 I feel like the twins have a very toxic relationship

• Wow
  • Sad

Janeh

I am an avid reader of these threads and also a regular listener of Outloud. I adore Holly, I think she’s the star of the show and must have the patience of a saint to record a daily podcast with the other two.

I rarely comment on here but I genuinely cannot believe they called the podcast on Jessie’s birth an “emergency” podcast. Just unreal. They are supposed to be a news and media company, not podcastings answer to the Kardashians. I get recording the episode so quickly after the birth to capture it all, and the need to share her story but goodness gracious, it’s not the Wimbledon final, it didn’t need an emergency podcast immediately after the birth to capitalise on the situation. Listeners could have hung on for another month if they’d just recorded it and kept in the archives to go at a later date ffs.

The twins mother gives off some desperate fan girl energy about Mia, it’s really weird. She seems to spent the majority of her time on that group defending Mia, or the twins, or the podcasts and its guests. It comes off as creepy.

Robot Lady

VIP Member
Someone having a go at Mia
Couldn’t have said it better if I tried! I’m so much happier away from gainful employment. Yes, there are some terrifying moments and times when I’ve seriously doubted my choices but going back to an underpaid, sit-down, screen-based, soul-sucking office job would end me. I’m extremely lucky that my partners business provides enough for us both (to be fair I do about 20 hours of "unpaid" support work behind the scenes each week but it’s all on my own timetable).
I’ve lost count of the conversations well meaning girlfriends have begun with me about finding my own satisfying career… that ship sailed long ago friends!
---
It’s still there
I’ll just add Mia’s response
Pretty decent response I suppose! Let’s see if she addresses it further (in a subscriber exclusive of course)

Reactions: 15