Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boysenberry

I feel like all their content is parenting now? It used to be a bit more balanced but it’s all just millennial women talking about having babies. I am a millennial woman but I don’t have kids and feel increasingly isolated from their content.
I have come to find Clare worse than Jessie. She’s more shallow. The girl maths and netball position things. No one finds that interesting do they? And addressing everyone as ‘sweetie’
Just want to say that as a millennial woman with kids I also find influencers and podcast hosts talking about every tiny element of their parenting journey (sleep, starting solids, toilet training) really bloody boring.

Reactions: 15

Pindawg

VIP Member
Does Mia have any qualifications?
Mia has a shitload of money.
The. End.
to answer your question she has no 'formal' qualifications that I'm aware of. She never attended university and went straight to work so has a long load of experience in women's media
she also has a way to make every story about herself and relate everything back to herself

mfch

I feel like all their content is parenting now? It used to be a bit more balanced but it’s all just millennial women talking about having babies. I am a millennial woman but I don’t have kids and feel increasingly isolated from their content.
I have come to find Clare worse than Jessie. She’s more shallow. The girl maths and netball position things. No one finds that interesting do they? And addressing everyone as ‘sweetie’

frenchiefern

VIP Member
Guys they’re a tiny little lady start up! They can’t be expected to do things those big bad media companies do like have an actual editor edit!

• Haha

giveitaboneploise

Chatty Member
Absolutely no issue with people going private. I think it’s funny how Jessie portrays herself versus her actual life. Just be honest and stop pretending to be relatable

loveinfluenzas

Chatty Member
Ahh now there's a mammia podcast with Laura and Matty. FFS these people and their misogynistic comedy just keep making money at every turn. Mammia is the fakest feminist news outlet ever.

• Sick
  • Angry

Taylor777

Why over exaggerate the hours of birth, when my sister had her babies, sure she was taken in a few hours earlier but if you ask her how long she was in labour?
1 hour is her answer😆
It’s a very strange flex. I mean she could have said she was in active labour for 15-18 hrs which is the truth and it’s not nothing, but it’s in the realm of normal or regular. But, given many women have light labour pains for a couple of days before actually getting to active labour, 62 hrs would be normal for many. I am over 36 weeks at the moment and for the past few days have had some cramping pains, probably Braxton Hicks, but if I started counting now and then went into labour it would be longer than 62hrs. It’s just not a number you should count. If your able to exercise, do housework, eat, cook dinner, watch a movie, sleep, you are not in labour.

DollyPollyDolly

On her stories Jessie posted “I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing” which has been a constant theme for her during pregnancy. If you’re becoming a mother in your 30s with a bunch of friends who’ve done it before you, being “clueless” is not cute. It’s kind of embarassing. Maybe if you’d actually asked, helped or listened to them once or twice you wouldn’t be so #clueless.

SydneyOG

The person that Newhere2 screenshots above is right. Everyone wants to talk about birth after having a baby. It is totally self indulgent to dedicate a whole podcast to it. Really surprised that Mia and Holly didn’t point this out to her. She will cringe in 5 years time.

They are getting a bit too much like the Kardashian’s in the over sharing

itsbeenaminute

VIP Member
Ok so she said the last 8 weeks have been the best of her life and she is sailing through it due to Mia and Holly’s sage advice over the years. Her baby sleeps well and has slotted right in. A tiny bit of resentment crept up when Luca was asleep so she wrote him a 1000 word email. She pointed out that her wake-up’s with the baby take a long time because she’s breastfeeding (yeahhhh ok my bottle fed babies took a long time too). Basically everything is amazing and smooth. Who’s going to tell her newborns are easy potatoes?
If it's so easy why does the kid look so fucking emaciated.

savefloss

VIP Member
this takes TALENT to pull it off year after year

also, I will say that Mia did come up in a time when there were still plenty of people in print media who didn't go to university and trained through cadetships straight out of high school, or slogged it out from the mailroom upwards. So even though she got a privileged golden ticket with her internship at Cleo, her lack of degree wouldn't have been seen as a serious barrier.
So basically if daddy didn’t put her name forward she would never have got a gig…
Love the articles Mamamia has churned out about nepo babies when she infact is one 🙄

Newhere2

VIP Member
I am an avid reader of these threads and also a regular listener of Outloud. I adore Holly, I think she’s the star of the show and must have the patience of a saint to record a daily podcast with the other two.

I rarely comment on here but I genuinely cannot believe they called the podcast on Jessie’s birth an “emergency” podcast. Just unreal. They are supposed to be a news and media company, not podcastings answer to the Kardashians. I get recording the episode so quickly after the birth to capture it all, and the need to share her story but goodness gracious, it’s not the Wimbledon final, it didn’t need an emergency podcast immediately after the birth to capitalise on the situation. Listeners could have hung on for another month if they’d just recorded it and kept in the archives to go at a later date ffs.
I feel so sorry for Holly. Outloud has literally become 'Mia's family news show.' Holly could go to any podcast anywhere and do well!

Ffs Mia acknowledge your privilege. For once! You don't save lives, your job isn't life or death, it isn't shift work. Work a day in a tougher field and then talk about how wonderful work is with such disdain for everyone else.
1. You went to Ascham. You automatically have privelege. I don't many people who went there, and this might be a massive assumption, but I'm guessing most people who attend there, don't end up in minimum wage jobs working their asses off just to put food on the table - most have family businesses to fall into, or go to uni, or like you, 'had a dad who knew someone who worked in the same building as Lisa Wilkinson.'
2. You could afford a nanny when your kids were little. Try juggling work with childcare drop off, pick ups, and the hundreds of illnesses they get each year. Childcare battles make work so much tougher.
3. Life is hard for a lot of people atm. A lot of us just need a fckn break. If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't. (Well I would but maybe only 1-2 days a week or casually)
4. Go spend a day in ER, a classroom, cleaning, anything customer service related, washing dishes, in aged care etc basically any field that isn't media.
100%.Her family have a PRIVATE PLANE FFS. There’s not anything wrong with being rich but just don’t pretend you’re ‘one of the people’. It’s disingenuous.

• Wow