Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Taylor777

You’re right, I 100% guarantee this is another Jessie exaggeration. My husband is an anaesthetist and has done countless epidurals. He said a 60+ hour labour in Australia is near unheard of (he said it’s very unaustralian but would occur in developing countries). He said she may have been in spurious labour but presently, hospitals wouldn’t allow a woman to be in labour past 24 hours and if so, she would put in for c-section (also depends on time - they don’t want to do c-section after 10pm so they would schedule it sooner than 24 hours).
This! If she was in active labour it would put a lot of stress on the baby over a long period of time. We have the same OB and I am currently pregnant with my third and I know our OB would not let her go 60+ hrs in active labour. This is exactly the kind of BS that people dislike her for.

Reactions: 15

giveitaboneploise

Chatty Member
I'm actually really glad the twins don't have any botox it's refreshing to see. But goodness they have a lot of wrinkles for their age.
I think their commitment to early 2000s style makeup doesn’t help.
Kee Reece is leaving! I think she’s so clever and will do big things

entitledtoeverything

Chatty Member
Shame on Mia for doing a story on Roxy Jacenko ‘overdosing’ (deliberately taking a huge dose of Ozempic). People need this medication for acute disease and they can’t get it because of fuckheads like her.

• Sick

mfch

Not surprised but a bit sad that Clare posted so so much about Luna and how much she loved her and Jessie has posted literally nothing of Matilda. All she’s done is reshare things Clare has posted. Sad.

marthaedwards11

Chatty Member
Just me or is it odd talking bout ur unborn child not being cute. Re Clare on outloud.
It’s part of their “ooh don’t look at me I’m just a tiny little human/gremlin/comedian with too much eyeliner and imposter syndrome” schtick. I’m not sure if it was meant to be funny or make her seem relatable?

• Haha

boysenberry

Oh ffs calm down Outlouders.
That’s so embarrassing for them 😭😭 these people are not your friends, you’re their source of income. And of all the couples who need a lasagne baked for them it’s not the ones who got married at the MIL’s point piper mansion.

• Haha

danica_cc

Screenshot 2023-10-07 1.32.32 PM.png

Mia posting about the Laura/Matty J interview in the Outlouders fb group "If you don't want to listen... No need to let me know in writing." Feeling some heat, perhaps?

• Wow
  • Angry

snarky mcsnark face

She was desperately trying to compare it to Botox, why?! They are so, so different. That whole segment was very uninformed and irritating
I actually think a glaring issue with the ozempic piece is that it isn’t reflective of the experience on the drug when you take it as directed. You normally start on 0.25 - and you have to stay on that for four weeks before moving up to 0.5 and staying on it for four weeks and finally moving up to a full dose. They really don’t deep dive that at all. And all are skinny women who really have no understanding of what it’s like to carry extra weight - not necessarily a huge amount - but enough to impact your health.
---
While I mull on this. Holly saying ‘I just don’t think ozempic is right for people going from a 14 to a 12 or a 12 to a 10’ - that pisses me off. She’s clearly reflecting on her own recent weightloss journey and saying well I didn’t need it so no one else should. Also - she has never actually explained how she lost that weight. And she is now TINY (I was shocked when I saw her in public)

Last edited:
Also curious what she means by “dead babies”. Clem shared a heap yesterday, but they weren’t graphic. Just sweet little lives taken far too soon that deserve to be remembered. I’m not sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. It should.

Reactions: 14

heresmypermissionslip

Oh dear, you would assume someone would double check a post going on a major SM platform
Aside from the atrocious spelling, grammar etc, how do they produce this kind of content and seriously call themselves journalists?! Stop dumbing down “women’s media” to articles about fringes ruining your life and other inconsequential nonsense. Their platform could be so powerful if they actually tackled real issues. Buzzfeed can tell me 36 ways to *insert something meaningless*. I’m not saying that lighter topics aren’t interesting (could write a PhD on Housewives or VPR), but there’s no balance. And it’s 100% clickbait now, and I find the content so hypocritical as well. “We don’t comment on women’s bodies or looks” is contradicted on a daily basis across the platform. Is this the best you can do?

cashedupbogan

VIP Member
Jessie and Luca are on the latest episode of Hello Bump in case we haven't heard enough about her 600 hour labour :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sick

savefloss

VIP Member
Shut up Jessie. No one wants to hear about your poo. Share with friends all you like or on a dedicated podcast but not all of us need to hear about it. Did it take 60 hours tho?
Massive labour and post partum poops are like the most boring, predictable, rehashed post baby blogger content ever….find a new angle/ perspective darls, we’ve all heard it/ experienced it hundreds of times before…

• Haha

Taylor777

Mamamia have seriously lost the plot. This is what they want to write about???

Can anyone recommend a podcast that talks about current affairs that is not full of celebrity/influencer updates or the current drivel that MM puts out. This company used to be a sophisticated news outlet.

Attachments

• Haha

GeorgieBox

VIP Member
I listened to Jessie’s birth story on Australian birth stories and that was markedly more honest- especially about her anxiety during pregnancy and insomnia etc. She was a lot more candid about the breastfeeding issues. I don’t subscribe to mamamia so do not really care about the paid content- but Jesus it sounds like a circle jerk now. The Mia and Jessie enmeshment show does not interest me… and don’t get me started on the FB outlouders group with their parasocial fascination with Mia and Jessie. It’s so weird.