Mamamia #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm happy for her, baby news is lovely and the baby looks gorgeous.

Slight lol that she has her father's name minus one letter?? I think of Luna as a dog name. However. Happy for them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Slight lol that she has her father's name minus one letter?? I think of Luna as a dog name. However. Happy for them.
Even more of an lol that Mia was critiquing/questioning the ego on Will and Jayda Smith for basically naming their kids after themselves not that long ago............

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Even more of an lol that Mia was critiquing/questioning the ego on Will and Jayda Smith for basically naming their kids after themselves not that long ago............
She’s lovely, but yeahhhh that’s very, very close to her dad’s name.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can’t tell you how many dogs I’ve met called Luna. Good for her. Prepare for the complaints and knowledge sharing.

Reactions: 9
Am I surprised the birth announcement was paired with a labour humble brag?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Am I surprised the birth announcement was paired with a labour humble brag?
Christ! Exactly! I call BS on that - 62 … and a half hours. That’s more than 2 days. I don’t know any medical professionals who would let you go that long in hospital. What she means is, is that she had some labour pains at home and then went to hospital to fully laboured for a day. She could not be more annoying!
---
Oh and how embarrassing are these posts!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Christ! Exactly! I call BS on that - 62 … and a half hours. That’s more than 2 days. I don’t know any medical professionals who would let you go that long in hospital. What she means is, is that she had some labour pains at home and then went to hospital to fully laboured for a day. She could not be more annoying!
---
These parasocial relationships are gross. These women should invest in their actual friends.
Fancy calling a newborn lazy gewl. It’s so weird and dumb. Stop. Just no.

Reactions: 23
You’re right, I 100% guarantee this is another Jessie exaggeration. My husband is an anaesthetist and has done countless epidurals. He said a 60+ hour labour in Australia is near unheard of (he said it’s very unaustralian but would occur in developing countries). He said she may have been in spurious labour but presently, hospitals wouldn’t allow a woman to be in labour past 24 hours and if so, she would put in for c-section (also depends on time - they don’t want to do c-section after 10pm so they would schedule it sooner than 24 hours).

---

Reactions: 12

That is quite funny but I am someone who gave my child a name that rhymes with mine and is also four letters / two syllables, honestly without even thinking about it because our names have totally different vibes, so I feel I can’t judge 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You’re right, I 100% guarantee this is another Jessie exaggeration. My husband is an anaesthetist and has done countless epidurals. He said a 60+ hour labour in Australia is near unheard of (he said it’s very unaustralian but would occur in developing countries). He said she may have been in spurious labour but presently, hospitals wouldn’t allow a woman to be in labour past 24 hours and if so, she would put in for c-section (also depends on time - they don’t want to do c-section after 10pm so they would schedule it sooner than 24 hours).
This! If she was in active labour it would put a lot of stress on the baby over a long period of time. We have the same OB and I am currently pregnant with my third and I know our OB would not let her go 60+ hrs in active labour. This is exactly the kind of BS that people dislike her for.

Reactions: 15
Does your husband work in a private hospital? I agree that it wouldn’t have been active labour for 60+ hours but it’s not my experience that you would be automatically put in for a c-section if labour (including early labour) went for more than 24 hours, unless your waters had been broken for that long or baby was in distress. Not a Jessie fan but having had very speedy labours without much early labour build up I can imagine it would be exhausting to go through an on off again labour over days.
---
This! If she was in active labour it would put a lot of stress on the baby over a long period of time. We have the same OB and I am currently pregnant with my third and I know our OB would not let her go 60+ hrs in active labour. This is exactly the kind of BS that people dislike her for.
To be fair, she didn’t say it was 60 hours of active labour. I think most people include early labour in their total count of the number of hours. Again, not a fan of Jessie, but I’m genuinely happy when women feel good about their labour experience.

Reactions: 2
Does your husband work in a private hospital? I agree that it wouldn’t have been active labour for 60+ hours but it’s not my experience that you would be automatically put in for a c-section if labour (including early labour) went for more than 24 hours, unless your waters had been broken for that long or baby was in distress. Not a Jessie fan but having had very speedy labours without much early labour build up I can imagine it would be exhausting to go through an on off again labour over days.
---

To be fair, she didn’t say it was 60 hours of active labour. I think most people include early labour in their total count of the number of hours. Again, not a fan of Jessie, but I’m genuinely happy when women feel good about their labour experience.
I agree with women feeling good about their labours but not a fan of her always trying to make out she some special case. Everything she does seems to be for a headline, and it seems she got it when her 62 hrs was announced on The Project tonight. It feels like she can never just be average but has to over exaggerate her experience, which is unhelpful for any other women going through birth.

Reactions: 10
Luna reminds me of a) a Luna menstrual cup
B) Luna Park C) a dog, usually a black one

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This eye makeup is truly an abomination. WTF is she thinking??? 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
View attachment 2285018
The only thing I can think of is that she is a time traveller from 2007.

Jessie, for the love of god, stop doing your make up like this. It doesn't look good and surely it doesn't make you feel good. Just one thin line on the top lashes and mascara on the bottom will do, as well as a little bronze and highlight rather than an even orange tone.

Reactions: 6
That’s Claire, not Jessie, to be fair. Though Jessie’s is just as bad usually.
They both wear it the same and it looks horrendous on them. No one is still doing thick liner around their whole eyeballs! Surely there’s someone in the beauty area of Mamamia who could tell them it looks shite.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.