Mamamia #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet that’s the Freedman’s coming through with a fat deposit.

Reactions: 5
On her stories Jessie posted “I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing” which has been a constant theme for her during pregnancy. If you’re becoming a mother in your 30s with a bunch of friends who’ve done it before you, being “clueless” is not cute. It’s kind of embarassing. Maybe if you’d actually asked, helped or listened to them once or twice you wouldn’t be so #clueless.

Reactions: 15
The incompetence angle is going to unsurprisingly lead to a bajillion sponno stories once the baby is born… “omg what dummy, nappy, sleeping bag, onesie should I buy?? I have nooo idea!!” 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 8
This “hot take” seems highly dismissive of women and their lived experience. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Of course it’s Mia. But also isn’t their whole premise as a media company to be to be a voice for women… just not the annoying, loud, complaining type- unless it equals clicks.
E7DC93FE-4093-41CB-BFE1-6CC6C64177EB.png

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This “hot take” seems highly dismissive of women and their lived experience. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Of course it’s Mia. But also isn’t their whole premise as a media company to be to be a voice for women… just not the annoying, loud, complaining type- unless it equals clicks.
View attachment 2255797
Mamamia and Mia is not journalism. It is seriously the worst written click baity cr**. Also misogynistic AF.

Reactions: 9
View attachment 2255797
I think your feelings around these types of opinions depends on how easy or hard you think parenting will be as well as how you like to dissect information. I know I found more comfort knowing that things would be challenging for at least the first 3 months of parenthood, and that I could find ways around the challenges, but also was prepared for things to go wrong.

However I have seen many people try to waltz into parenthood, thinking they will be fine and then they quickly find out that it is very hard in multiple ways. And that's when they struggle. But I think I always like to be prepared for the worst, because it might not happen. People tell you their experiences, good and bad because they are realist not dreamers. And their experiences are relevant, but it is up to you how you take on their experience.

When I hear about someone's birth being 48hrs long, painful, stressful and ends up in an emergency c-section or 3rd/4th degree tears, I think to myself how challenging that would be for that person (and that they need more care than others) but also how lucky I was to not have that experience and that my troubles are not that bad in context.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Everything the twins post is gifted tit. They are nothing but grabby influencers. Also Jessie said on Hello Bump that she bought the house so that confirms Luca's trust fund kicking in I suppose.

Elfy is insufferable. Why put her on a Just Like That Podcast reviewing the show when she didn’t even finish watching s1

Remember when Mia made a big song and dance about wanting to quit No Filter, Claire M was going to take over etc etc.. what happened to that? Does that mean that Claire just gets the ultra boring Z list people to interview?

Reactions: 6
I’ve also found myself not listening anymore. I’m not a fan of Elfy who really adds nothing.

I also think they should revert back to twice weekly - they do not have enough interesting content for a thrice weekly show. Maybe during the pandemic when we all had nothing else to do, but now it seems very stale.

Yep another ex listener. Got sick of the Mia and Jessie show. Listening to Leigh and the other you beauty host was irritating as duck too.

View attachment 2255797
I agree that generic “just you wait” type comments are generally not helpful for new mums as they are often not followed up with any kind of meaningful offer of support… but I also 110% agree that this is dismissive! I find the breastfeeding part particularly irritating because often the same women who don’t want to hear anything about potential challenges are also the same ones who complain about being judged or shamed around breastfeeding or other parenting choices when they find out that actually these things CAN be hard. We need to be able to have nuanced discussions around pregnancy, birth and parenthood that are meaningful rather than scaremongering and also don’t just gloss over the hard parts.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
They think we’re (we the tattlers) the sad ones with no lives but duck me the amount of women in that MMOL Facebook group on baby watch is disturbing. Acting like Jessie is about to give birth to the next royal baby or something

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.