Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

entitledtoeverything

Chatty Member
I’ve said bad things about Holly. Her teeth need to be fixed. Atrocious. I stand by my comments. To be fair she probs can’t afford it on Mamamia wage. 🤣

But she’s also an intelligent human with published works who lowers herself to these nepo idiots who’ve gone off the rails.

They don’t have enough people in their inner circle to keep them grounded so they become increasingly grandiose.

Those apple reviews are fantastic 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻. If those people aren’t Tattlers, they should be.

Hopefully Clare will feed her baby so it isn’t skinny AF.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

cashedupbogan

VIP Member
For me what's annoying is the way Jessie used to talk about how she may not be able to afford any house, like seriously woman, don't act as if you cannot borrow any money. :rolleyes:

entitledtoeverything

Chatty Member
I think the post is great and I like Mia’s response.

It also smacks of Mia’s elitism that only a well worded carefully noted post that takes care not to attack her and trigger her narcissism stays up.

She doesn’t get a cookie for being polite though in my opinion.

The sycophants with their para social relationships won’t know how to respond to a nuanced and intellectually complex post.

Taylor777

So the story today about Luna “failing” her weigh in for being a lazy girl is infuriating… I know she’s trying to be relatable, but it isn’t funny at all for anyone who’s struggled through this in a serious nature with tiny babies..
Urghhh! I cannot stand people who talk like this. It’s always some other excuse for why their children are not meeting their requirements. Just top up that baby so she is fed and not starving. Next it will be a whole range of stupid reasons as to why she doesn’t sleep, meet milestones, cries all day, needs to be nursed to go to sleep, can only be held upright at a 45 degree angle and the inevitable stories about why. Just feed you baby and get on with it. There are genuine people with sick babies who need help and care from society.

sexylandbag

It’s sort of her fault for creating a platform which presents itself as one that discusses serious topics (though they’ve never done it well!). If her platform was just for lifestyle/parenting/beauty/fitness/fashion/celeb gossip she could avoid serious stuff by saying it’s not part of the brand.
EXACTLY.

The whole Mamamia brand has been pretend “journalism”, which makes the lack of coverage even more stark.

I listen to Shameless and that confesses to be sugary and light and fluffy so I don’t expect them to do a deep dive into the Palestine/Israel conflict. But even they have acknowledged that it is happening.

frenchiefern

VIP Member
I recently re subscribed as I wanted to hear the SATC recaps and I can confirm, there are still ads. So frustrating. It also doesn’t sync to Apple Podcasts so you have to remember the title of the podcast to make sure you don’t relisten to it urgh
Oh my goodness there are so many great recaps out there, do not give Mia your $$ for their half assed whining.

Taylor777

Honestly with the poor quality of advice given on the Hello Bump podcast, I imagine Jessie probably hasn’t got the greatest breastfeeding information. Breastfeeding education and support is so poor still in Australia.
That podcast update was so bad, they should have just kept the original. I am about to have my third baby and there isn’t anything new or useful I have gained from listening to it. I feel like no matter if you plan to BF, formula feed or mix feed, they haven’t provided anything useful.
---
And of course, because she thought it would be “easy” it’s now a laughing matter for her.

Routines can work for some but it depends on how you’re feeding, your milk supply, if the baby is putting on weight etc etc. It drives me crazy that she thought she would waltz into motherhood as if everyone else was wrong about it being hard. 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:

boysenberry

I hope she reads this one out: Mamamia employees (Leigh, Holly, Jessie, Clare yet to be seen) regularly reveal private information about their children (who cannot consent) for engagement and content farming and I’m surprised an organisation who is anti paparazzi shots is ok with this.

robbolife

VIP Member
It’s a very smug of her to claim that the first 8 weeks have been an absolute breeze and I have no doubt she’s lying about parts of it. I don’t know any first time mum that would claim that. All she’s doing is perpetuating this myth that the newborn phase as a FTM is easy peasy and anyone else who is finding it hard must be a failure.

mfch

I'm happy for her, baby news is lovely and the baby looks gorgeous.

Slight lol that she has her father's name minus one letter?? I think of Luna as a dog name. However. Happy for them.

• Haha
  • Heart

mummasoc

Chatty Member
They’ve Got so many recycled stories on their page, they’re almost as bad as Brandley Kearns. They’ve got articles on there recently from 2020,2021 and 2022. Obviously with ignoring what’s going on in Palestine they’ve run out of fresh content. Maybe if they employed (& fairly remunerated) some quality journalists instead of the same tired old Leigha, Jessie, Holly for everything they’d have a fresh perspective and new ideas.

Reactions: 12

cashedupbogan

VIP Member
Are Mamamia ok!
They’re calling David Beckham a marriage guy
He cheated on his wife several times, what utter bullshit

• Haha
  • Sad

Newhere2

VIP Member
I doubt MM pays that well and she’s taken a step back this year so she’s not a big manager so probably got less salary
I would still think at Holly's age after working in the media for so long, having kids late and being a published author, she'd have more money than what she claims. Just a musing

Pindawg

VIP Member
I'm happy for her, baby news is lovely and the baby looks gorgeous.

Slight lol that she has her father's name minus one letter?? I think of Luna as a dog name. However. Happy for them.
Even more of an lol that Mia was critiquing/questioning the ego on Will and Jayda Smith for basically naming their kids after themselves not that long ago............

• Haha
Curiosity got the better of me and I listened to Spendy Savey. Wondered why it was so long (12 minutes 😂), but it was because there was a bit spiel from Mia at the start apologising. There wasn’t *that* much backlash in the You Beauty group and probably just as many supportive comments, so wondering where else they got feedback from or if download numbers dropped a lot overall or what happened for such a spectacular backflip.

I hate the comparison to a magazine. It’s not really like that at all. A magazine is a physical item that costs money to manufacture and transport, per person. Their podcast is more one less the same cost whether one person listens or a million, whether the person is in Sydney or in London.