Maeve Madden #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can be considered terminal for months and in some cases years. What Daddy would want his whole family putting their lives on hold feeling like they couldn’t do anything or go anywhere, constantly living in that fear. Yes it is awful timing, but you could also say he was happy to see Maeve have her big day and was happy to let go and be in peace 🙏
@ellsbellswell what is your point with this thread? I don't think there is one person here who doesn't sympathise with the Madden family losing a loved one is horrific.
A palliative care nurse would have known that the poor man hadn't long in fact Maeve herself knew when she went to pick up her Range Rover that time was precious for her Dad, she said it. There was probably insurance for the party if she had to cancel and genuine friends would have understood if the party was cancelled, I mean she was already married. They would have understood the familys priority to spend whatever visiting time was allowed with him in his final days (I won't go in to it but i was in a similar situation). Everyone is different, I can't imagine the stress, pressure and sadness they felt in particular her Mum who has lost her life long partner.

In the grand scheme of things the party is now totally irrelevant, I'm sure it was a day immense sadness for some, not the joyful happy celebration it should have been.

My heartfelt sympathy to the family. Rest in Peace Mr Madden, sleep easy 💔
A palliative care nurse can not tell you how long someone has left they re not clairvoyant and I have sat by the beds of 2 family members who were dying of cancer. They can tell you what they think they will also tell you they see people who last for weeks and people who they think will live for weeks and pass away within hours. Maeves dad must have went down hill very fast she was planning for him to walk her down the aisle the week before and when someone is that sick you don’t know your arse from your elbow and it’s very hard to believe it’s happening. When my Dad was dying we didn’t know maybe we were naive but when he went to sleep we didn’t know it was a coma and he would never speak to us again and the doctor or palliative care nurse didn’t know he wouldn’t wake up again or he would go down hill so fast. It’s not like it is in films with big goodbyes and everyone getting to say all the things they need to. My heart absolutely breaks for her it’s so sad
In honesty, they don’t know sometimes. My mother was sent home from hospital palliative but given months to live and died later on that week. A friend of mines father was given 6 months, was sent home and died hours later. It’s madness.

God help them at this time.
yes I agree with you we were told on a Friday by the doctor and palliative care nurse my Dad had months to live he went down hill by the Monday went into a coma and died on Tuesday no one knew it would be that fast. There were no last words no big goodbyes real life is not a film and honestly no one wants to believe someone they love that much is going to die even when it is happening before yo I wish people would stop judging her none of us know the full situation it is the worst place in the world to be i they must all be completely devestated. I like coming on tattle the odd time for a rant about stupid things influencers do and say but this is real life I have nothing but sympathy for the madden family

I was in Maeves year at School, I honestly think she thought she had more time with her daddy. She was devoted to her family. Even if she was a bit of a dose, she loved her parents.

she always came across as an it girl, and that still shows.

So sad her dad passed away, but my dad would want me to confine on with a wedding if he was on the same position. She will be get abuse regardless what she was going to do.

the bow didn’t surprise me, very maeve, and she looked beautiful
That’s very kind I think it’s important we are kind iv lost my dad to cancer I know how difficult it was especially at the end I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I feel for Maeve the best and worst day of her life in one week 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It so so sad for Maeve & her family. No one can predict when a person will pass they can only advise some people last longer some dont, I believe each person goes when they are ready. RIP Mr Madden, know that you are loved & your memory will live on through your family ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Feel so sorry for Maeve and her whole family. Ah we did give her a bit of stick but absolutely everything she had on her day was booked prob a year in advance and when booking it she expected her Daddy there. The first wedding was I’d guess ‘just in case’. In the end he didn’t make it and it would be lovely to think he held on until after her day.
Now it makes sense she was on her phone on the big day, her heart would not have been in it.

May he rest in peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
A palliative care nurse can not tell you how long someone has left they re not clairvoyant and I have sat by the beds of 2 family members who were dying of cancer. They can tell you what they think they will also tell you they see people who last for weeks and people who they think will live for weeks and pass away within hours. Maeves dad must have went down hill very fast she was planning for him to walk her down the aisle the week before and when someone is that sick you don’t know your arse from your elbow and it’s very hard to believe it’s happening. When my Dad was dying we didn’t know maybe we were naive but when he went to sleep we didn’t know it was a coma and he would never speak to us again and the doctor or palliative care nurse didn’t know he wouldn’t wake up again or he would go down hill so fast. It’s not like it is in films with big goodbyes and everyone getting to say all the things they need to. My heart absolutely breaks for her it’s so sad

yes I agree with you we were told on a Friday by the doctor and palliative care nurse my Dad had months to live he went down hill by the Monday went into a coma and died on Tuesday no one knew it would be that fast. There were no last words no big goodbyes real life is not a film and honestly no one wants to believe someone they love that much is going to die even when it is happening before yo I wish people would stop judging her none of us know the full situation it is the worst place in the world to be i they must all be completely devestated. I like coming on tattle the odd time for a rant about stupid things influencers do and say but this is real life I have nothing but sympathy for the madden family

That’s very kind I think it’s important we are kind iv lost my dad to cancer I know how difficult it was especially at the end I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I feel for Maeve the best and worst day of her life in one week 💔
I’ve always said the same about my own dads passing- it’s not like the movies. I really feel for maeve, my dad wanted any plans we had made to continue as normal, looking back it was his way of preparing us for him passing. No one should judge her for going ahead with the wedding

Reactions: 7
I’ve always said the same about my own dads passing- it’s not like the movies. I really feel for maeve, my dad wanted any plans we had made to continue as normal, looking back it was his way of preparing us for him passing. No one should judge her for going ahead with the wedding
From what iv gathered is alot don't care the wedding went ahead, its the fact she stayed a few days extra instead of going home.

Reactions: 6
From what iv gathered is alot don't care the wedding went ahead, its the fact she stayed a few days extra instead of going home.
I find it very stage that she chose to spend her father's last week living the high life.. OK go ahead with wedding on the Friday but she partied the weekend away and went sightseeing mon - wed.

Maybe she didn’t know it would be his last week 🤷🏻‍♀️
Doctors can give a guess but sometimes people just go from being really great and living a somewhat normal life to then suddenly bang they go downhill so quickly and no one was expecting it to be so fast .

My sister had cancer and was having treatment and it hadn’t got to the point where the doctors said it was terminal and she was going great you’d never think she was going through cancer treatment . She had a chest infection and in the space of 48 hours she went from living a near normal life , she felt as good as expected on treatment and she was just living life to the full like she always had to suddenly getting really sick being admitted to hospital for the chest infection for iv antibiotic and she was dead a few hours later , it was the biggest shock of our lives , she was only 29 years old .

My husbands aunt had cancer and was terminal and in a nursing home and we were all called to say she had slipped into a coma , her 2 sons flew back from USA that day and held a bedside vigil that night and a few weeks before she had got a fabulous coat a friend sent it from USA and I was mad about it and she said I could have it so that night we went to say out goodbyes and her some gave me the coat. We got a phone call in the early hours of the morning and suspecting the worst I answered and her son said “ you had better bring mothers coat back “ and I thought maybe the other son was upset he gave it to me etc but instead he told me “ mother has woken up this morning it seems she was just having a good sleep and she’s wanting her coat “ 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣🤣 oh how we laughed ! The doctors and nurses were lost for words as were we , she did eventually pass but not for another 6 months , it was totally crazy ! So I suppose my point is no one ever really knows when someone’s time is up and also people can go down hill in a matter of hours with no warning .

We all still laugh so much at this when we all get together 🤣
I find it very stage that she chose to spend her father's last week living the high life.. OK go ahead with wedding on the Friday but she partied the weekend away and went sightseeing mon - wed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I for one don’t care that her wedding went ahead, evident it was all for Instagram and likes the video on her hair stylists page solidified that when she seen the words written by the Sunday world. I started commenting on her thread due to her actions LOOOOOONNNNG before any of the most recent events occurred that bothered me. Her constant complaining, acting like spoilt child and Having melt downs on her social media Over trival things at her age and Many others felt the same as the comments on the previous read the same. While she may not have known it was his time the fact she stayed in Adare for almost a week, knowing he was still in the hospital that where my question lays. At the end of the day the actions are what she will live with but It’s going to be interesting how she behaves on her return to the gram. The spoilt entitlement has truly grown tiresome

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Can it be she visited her dad whilst her stay in Adare but kept it silent hence her stay in Ireland instead of flying out to some
Exotic place?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can it be she visited her dad whilst her stay in Adare but kept it silent hence her stay in Ireland instead of flying out to some
Exotic place?
well her daddy was in DHH and couldn’t be visited at all. By anyone but her mother.
she and her brothers were called home on Wednesday night as Paul was let home and only then she could see him, he died that next morning.

i can really see this all happening make her go back to Dubai, take everything and set up at home like she’s been meaning to,
. let’s be real “himself” can stay over there and work if he wants but she’s frigging miserable there and seems happier at home

Reactions: 6
well her daddy was in DHH and couldn’t be visited at all. By anyone but her mother.
she and her brothers were called home on Wednesday night as Paul was let home and only then she could see him, he died that next morning.

i can really see this all happening make her go back to Dubai, take everything and set up at home like she’s been meaning to,
. let’s be real “himself” can stay over there and work if he wants but she’s frigging miserable there and seems happier at home
I was thinking that too. As far as I remember one brother and the sister live in London so maybe Maeve will want to come home. See Goss.ie shared the news which seems a bit unnecessary. The video of her coming home to surprise her dad was so lovely. It's a pity she never got to move home when he was still alive to enjoy it, they seemed so close

Reactions: 4
I thought maeve had her one sister Aoife and two brothers, Dan and joe - didn’t realise another sibling turlough, never seen him mentioned

Reactions: 3
I thought maeve had her one sister Aoife and two brothers, Dan and joe - didn’t realise another sibling turlough, never seen him mentioned
Turlough is a defence barrister. Shys away from the limelight unlike the other 4.

Reactions: 5
She's in my thoughts a lot, I lost my father suddenly end of last yr & I'm still not right, for lots of other reasons too, it's very hard.
Sorry to hear that. From someone who has been there, you do learn to cope, never forget, but cope. Everyone is different and life is never the same again after such a big loss. Life can be happy again, it’s just different but it does get better. I hope it’s the same for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Derailing from the dad talk. Accidentally stumbled across her page on WAI. I watched only the wedding video she posted so far and can say she looks like a dose of sickening shite. Not sure what's going on with the hubby's teeth. Ross from friends vibes.

That wedding was tacky as hell. The flowers made it look crowded and musty. Dress wasn't bad...nothing special.

It's tit her dad died but doesn't change the fact that influencers are diseases. Completely irrelevant.