Maeve Madden #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stop telling people what they can and can't post. Report anything that you think goes too far to let mods deal with it.

Reactions: 21
Feels inappropriate to do a recap etc. To those who might have missed the other thread, Maeve’s dad passed away this morning.

Heartbreaking seeing her stories a few hours before where she was walking her niece around her dads orchard, she’s too young to know what’s going on and Maeve was clearly just trying to hold it together, as I suspect she has constantly been doing for a while 😞 Her dad passing less than a week after her wedding is going to hit like a tonne of bricks. Feel really really sad for all of them, hoping they’re managing to find some peace.

Reactions: 22
that last thread took a nose dive. Tattle is a place to discuss influencers and people are allowed their own opinions without being ridiculed. People are saying that maeve's dad probably told her to go ahead with the wedding, that's opinion. My opinion is that I like many others wouldn't have went ahead with the wedding and even if I did I would have been home a day or two later. My opinion which I'll stick by. I don't think Maeve is a bad person at all. She would be my pick of Irish influencers. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire madden family.

Reactions: 12
Feels inappropriate to do a recap etc. To those who might have missed the other thread, Maeve’s dad passed away this morning.

Heartbreaking seeing her stories a few hours before where she was walking her niece around her dads orchard, she’s too young to know what’s going on and Maeve was clearly just trying to hold it together, as I suspect she has constantly been doing for a while 😞 Her dad passing less than a week after her wedding is going to hit like a tonne of bricks. Feel really really sad for all of them, hoping they’re managing to find some peace.
I mean the recap on the tread should be her behavior, complaining, drama ensured social media presence and the way in which she conducts herself. While it is no doubt devastating the lose of her daddy (I’ve been there, so are many others) and I empathize wholeheartedly as the lose of a parent isn’t easy HOWEVER this platform is a place where people come to discuss influencers and what she has choosen share to strangers, Behavour etc No one can speculate what goes on behind closed doors and the second guessing wishes etc. This thread is about Maeve and no doubt it will continue to grow especially given the comments prior to today!

Reactions: 4
Moving along........

The bow was terrible. The cost of the flowers must have been insane!! 20k+??

Anyone with flower background out there?

Reactions: 6
I really feel for Maeve and I think everyone deals with emotions in different ways. Who knows what's going through her head but I have to say the posts on the other threads sound very much like it's coming from her camp. Equally If my dad was dying I personally would not get married if I found out 2 days later that he was on his death bed I would be straight home no questions asked. If her dad had cancer she knew his time was very close. Maybe she chose to stay away because that may have equally hurt her but I dont think having a go at people for speaking out against her actions is the right way forward. I have alot of sympathy for Maeve who just lost her beloved dad but equally would I have decided to do some of the things she decided to do? No I wouldn't

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I really feel for Maeve and I think everyone deals with emotions in different ways. Who knows what's going through her head but I have to say the posts on the other threads sound very much like it's coming from her camp. If my dad was dying I personally would not get married if I found out 2 days later that he was on his death bed I would be straight home no questions asked. If her dad had cancer she knew his time was very close. Maybe she chose to stay away because that may have equally hurt her but I dont think having a go at people for speaking out against her actions is the right way forward. I have alot of sympathy for Maeve who just lost her beloved dad but equally would I have decided to do some of the things she decided to do? No I wouldn't
Exactly. It's awful what she's going through, but we can still have an opinion on her whether it be good or bad. Same way everyone has a (mostly crappy) opinion on Rachel Gorry who lost her husband. And Ashley Cain who lost his daughter. It's a gossip forum, all of us here can have an opinion on the whole wedding carry on yet still have sympathy for her.

Reactions: 4
I really feel for Maeve and I think everyone deals with emotions in different ways. Who knows what's going through her head but I have to say the posts on the other threads sound very much like it's coming from her camp. Equally If my dad was dying I personally would not get married if I found out 2 days later that he was on his death bed I would be straight home no questions asked. If her dad had cancer she knew his time was very close. Maybe she chose to stay away because that may have equally hurt her but I dont think having a go at people for speaking out against her actions is the right way forward. I have alot of sympathy for Maeve who just lost her beloved dad but equally would I have decided to do some of the things she decided to do? No I wouldn't

I’m confused what you mean by ‘coming from her camp’?

Some of her connections are defending her on here?????!!!!!!!
That’s really weird to suggest that just because we have sympathy for her we must be her friends and family. Some of us are just displaying our decency- how on earth does that mean we must know her 🥴 There’s clearly a few people on here that do know their family, knowing the funeral details etc. But it’s a bit of a stretch to say that people showing sympathy must be ‘coming from her camp’. You don’t need to know a person to be able to feel sorry for them when someone they love dies.

Reactions: 26
That’s really weird to suggest that just because we have sympathy for her we must be her friends and family. Some of us are just displaying our decency- how on earth does that mean we must know her 🥴 There’s clearly a few people on here that do know their family, knowing the funeral details etc. But it’s a bit of a stretch to say that people showing sympathy must be ‘coming from her camp’. You don’t need to know a person to be able to feel sorry for them when someone they love dies.
Omg would you get over yourself. I've merely stated that everyone on here is entitled to an opinion. My opinion is that for someone who's father was terminally ill would I have made the decision to stay away from him any longer then needed no... in my eyes she's made some decisions I personally would not do. That does not mean we are evil tatters who lack any empathy for her situation. Nobody but her knows what's really going on but I'm merely commenting on how it's being portrayed on instagram which is her own doing!!

Reactions: 9
Omg would you get over yourself. I've merely stated that everyone on here is entitled to an opinion. My opinion is that for someone who's father was terminally ill would I have made the decision to stay away from him any longer then needed no... in my eyes she's made some decisions I personally would not do. That does not mean we are evil tatters who lack any empathy for her situation. Nobody but her knows what's really going on but I'm merely commenting on how it's being portrayed on instagram which is her own doing!!
And that’s your opinion- but the rest of us can have ours without you telling us we must know her or be related to her? You can’t say ‘we’re all allowed an opinion’ and then as soon as people have different ones to yours accuse them of ‘coming from her camp’. Bit of a weird thing to say just because you have a different opinion to someone.

Reactions: 27
You can be considered terminal for months and in some cases years. What Daddy would want his whole family putting their lives on hold feeling like they couldn’t do anything or go anywhere, constantly living in that fear. Yes it is awful timing, but you could also say he was happy to see Maeve have her big day and was happy to let go and be in peace 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Is Daddy a NI thing? Nothing at all wrong with it but it's not very common in the Republic other than with very young children. I've seen it used a lot in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is Daddy a NI thing? Nothing at all wrong with it but it's not very common in the Republic other than with very young children. I've seen it used a lot in this thread.
Yes it is, my parents would have almost be disgusted if I called them mam or dad, they’d have said it was a British thing funnily enough

Reactions: 10
@ellsbellswell what is your point with this thread? I don't think there is one person here who doesn't sympathise with the Madden family losing a loved one is horrific.
A palliative care nurse would have known that the poor man hadn't long in fact Maeve herself knew when she went to pick up her Range Rover that time was precious for her Dad, she said it. There was probably insurance for the party if she had to cancel and genuine friends would have understood if the party was cancelled, I mean she was already married. They would have understood the familys priority to spend whatever visiting time was allowed with him in his final days (I won't go in to it but i was in a similar situation). Everyone is different, I can't imagine the stress, pressure and sadness they felt in particular her Mum who has lost her life long partner.

In the grand scheme of things the party is now totally irrelevant, I'm sure it was a day immense sadness for some, not the joyful happy celebration it should have been.

My heartfelt sympathy to the family. Rest in Peace Mr Madden, sleep easy 💔

Reactions: 7
And that’s your opinion- but the rest of us can have ours without you telling us we must know her or be related to her? You can’t say ‘we’re all allowed an opinion’ and then as soon as people have different ones to yours accuse them of ‘coming from her camp’. Bit of a weird thing to say just because you have a different opinion to someone.
Exactly. The girls daddy was in hospital, she couldn’t see him either way - she and her family decided not to sit at home without him and wait for him to die but to have the wedding anyway.
He was clearly let out of the hospital the other night to go home for palliative and died.
As you said we can all have opinions on it.

And in all honesty, anyone from “her camp” will be too busy in a wake house to be writing on here 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 13
@ellsbellswell what is your point with this thread? I don't think there is one person here who doesn't sympathise with the Madden family losing a loved one is horrific.
A palliative care nurse would have known that the poor man hadn't long in fact Maeve herself knew when she went to pick up her Range Rover that time was precious for her Dad, she said it. There was probably insurance for the party if she had to cancel and genuine friends would have understood if the party was cancelled, I mean she was already married. They would have understood the familys priority to spend whatever visiting time was allowed with him in his final days (I won't go in to it but i was in a similar situation). Everyone is different, I can't imagine the stress, pressure and sadness they felt in particular her Mum who has lost her life long partner.

In the grand scheme of things the party is now totally irrelevant, I'm sure it was a day immense sadness for some, not the joyful happy celebration it should have been.

My heartfelt sympathy to the family. Rest in Peace Mr Madden, sleep easy 💔

In honesty, they don’t know sometimes. My mother was sent home from hospital palliative but given months to live and died later on that week. A friend of mines father was given 6 months, was sent home and died hours later. It’s madness.

God help them at this time.

Reactions: 9
In honesty, they don’t know sometimes. My mother was sent home from hospital palliative but given months to live and died later on that week. A friend of mines father was given 6 months, was sent home and died hours later. It’s madness.

God help them at this time.
But she did know, she said it herself. Her biggest concern the other day was the weather at the Cliffs of Moher.

Anyway, I'm leaving it at that.

Reactions: 2