Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never thought of Madonna as gorgeous but she has looked good in some of her videos. One is the "Cherish" video but my favourite was "Oh Father". I loved her hair & the video and song were very profound in my opinion.
Ageing is a bitter pill to swallow which is made harder really if you have the money to have these freakish treatments. It's not natural and you'll never look natural, just weird instead of just older.
I too liked her look in the Cherish & Oh Father videos which were both from 1989 when she had the short curly blonde hair. I can’t remember if this was before or after Like A Prayer which was also from 1989 but she had slightly longer dark hair in that video

Reactions: 4
I like the Don't Tell Me video, that casual Western look really suited her.

Reactions: 10
She looked unreal in the Like A Virgin, True Blue, Justify my love & even right up to the Confessions era. After that she lost it in my opinion.

Reactions: 7
Seriously, though, what the heck is it! Pills? Booze? Hardcore drugs? Bi-polar? Delusion on steroids? tit advice from terrible publicists and hanger-ons? Can’t go on, surely.

I would say that no matter what people think Madonna is or isn’t over the last 40 years, at the end of the day, she is the most famous woman on the planet and when she goes, it will be pretty surreal and devastating.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Seriously, though, what the heck is it! Pills? Booze? Hardcore drugs? Bi-polar? Delusion on steroids? tit advice from terrible publicists and hanger-ons? Can’t go on, surely.

I would say that no matter what people think Madonna is or isn’t over the last 40 years, at the end of the day, she is the most famous woman on the planet and when she goes, it will be pretty surreal and devastating.
Its her new image and trying to appeal with gen z. She done this type of tit her entire career and now she is trying to get new audience. Half of her social media team are gen z and some of her stylists/mua teams are also very young barely out of college types

Reactions: 5
She should do a cameo on Towie. They could compare their silicon, Botox, duck lips, implants, false brows, eyelash & hair extensions. Why not go the whole hog & invite Jessica Alves? 🐥💋💅👃👁🦾🍑

Reactions: 2
Its her new image and trying to appeal with gen z. She done this type of tit her entire career and now she is trying to get new audience. Half of her social media team are gen z and some of her stylists/mua teams are also very young barely out of college types
Trying to appeal to gen z and losing gen x. Fair enough, nothing wrong with trying to stay relevant for a new audience except this is desperate and ridiculous. And the gen z people she surrounds herself with are probably eye-rolling and having a good laugh.

Reactions: 8
Trying to appeal to gen z and losing gen x. Fair enough, nothing wrong with trying to stay relevant for a new audience except this is desperate and ridiculous. And the gen z people she surrounds herself with are probably eye-rolling and having a good laugh.
maybe but she still paying those kids to be more relevant for what they think is cool and her instagram is just that lol

Reactions: 2
Totally right! But Why is she doing ‘skanky street thug’ when she could be doing bit more class like Taylor Swift? Just permanently getting her tits and fanny out, which isn’t edgy but creepy to Gen Z. It must be insufferable for Madonna to be around so many Tech-stunted 20- somethings, I mean this is someone who has spanned the entire globe several times and can hold intellectual conversations on art, history, culture...the people she’s met, the things she’s seen, partying with kings, queens, billionaires, outlasted so many contemporaries. I don’t know, none of it makes sense! And it’s obviously not working because she is just being held up as a figure of ridicule, and not selling any records! Pure delusions of youth and appeal.

Reactions: 23
My daughter is gen Z and she thinks Madonna is very creepy. I think she finds her relationships with young men very predatory but she also feels the same about older men and younger women.
Funny thing is both my kids are that generation and in many ways they are quite conservative and abit prudish!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My daughter is gen Z and she thinks Madonna is very creepy. I think she finds her relationships with young men very predatory but she also feels the same about older men and younger women.
Funny thing is both my kids are that generation and in many ways they are quite conservative and abit prudish!
Yes a lot of Gen Z can come across as quite prudish I agree 😄, certainly the ones I know.

I don't care who anyone sleeps with as long as they are consenting adults. Older men have always been attracted to young women and if an older woman is happy with a younger man then that's up to them. I do suspect that some of her boyfriends are probably using her a bit though in the same way that some younger women use older men because they get money/status/reflected fame.

It's probably more or less impossible for Madonna to find a man in her age group that would want to be involved with her.

But generally there is a power imbalance between a younger person and an older person, almost always in the older persons favour.
That’s what makes me uncomfortable, I don’t think it makes me a prude.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
But generally there is a power imbalance between a younger person and an older person, almost always in the older persons favour.
That’s what makes me uncomfortable, I don’t think it makes me a prude.
It definitely looks like a power imbalance but some younger women like the money or security offered by an older man. At the end of the day relationships are in the hands of the people in them. It might look like the older person always wealds the power but that might not always be the case.

Reactions: 3
Whatever Peter Pan syndrome is for women, she's got that. Fighting irrelevancy to the death, she'll do literally anything to not fade from view. Which is sad because even though her whole career was about provocation, shock and awe, it always felt authentic, empowered, often political. A giant Fcuk you to the establishment.

Now it's just poor old tragic Madge is desperately trying not to age because she's worried it means she's less powerful and has to hand over the baton. As if she actually can't have value as a woman with her 65-year-old face. The opposite of empowerment and actually just insulting to feminism and all these sexist ideas of what ageing does to a woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Madge and I are the same age only I have no desire to look like a plasticised freakshow. Whatever possesses women to do this to themselves?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Whatever Peter Pan syndrome is for women, she's got that. Fighting irrelevancy to the death, she'll do literally anything to not fade from view. Which is sad because even though her whole career was about provocation, shock and awe, it always felt authentic, empowered, often political. A giant Fcuk you to the establishment.

Now it's just poor old tragic Madge is desperately trying not to age because she's worried it means she's less powerful and has to hand over the baton. As if she actually can't have value as a woman with her 65-year-old face. The opposite of empowerment and actually just insulting to feminism and all these sexist ideas of what ageing does to a woman.
Textbook narcissist

She was so fun in Desperately Seeking Susan, and Who’s That Girl. I was never a huge fan of her music but she was always entertaining. I think I stopped caring when her Sex book came out. It just seemed like she was trying too hard.

Reactions: 15
She was so fun in Desperately Seeking Susan, and Who’s That Girl. I was never a huge fan of her music but she was always entertaining. I think I stopped caring when her Sex book came out. It just seemed like she was trying too hard.
I went to see Who’s that Girl in the cinema lol

Reactions: 3
Madonna drew the short straw though getting the one who wasn't Aiden Quinn. Lucky Roberta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.