Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

annanuttall

VIP Member
Without looking at the writing and just looking at the picture - genuinely thought it was a vibrator. lol

Oh, Madonna is completely bitter, she has been for a while (I say since Ray of Light). She hates the thought she no longer the sexiest hottest singer in popsphere anymore. She is kind-of a has been, well that how it looks to the younger generation.
She also bitters and deeply angry about growing old and I think that the heart of the issue here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
Madonna may be many things, but genuinely talented has never been one of them. Lady Gaga is a highly talented individual in comparison. I'm all for women of all ages looking and feeling good about themselves. But it is pitiful how Madonna isn't content to look like an attractive woman in her 50s, and instead is desperately trying to look like a sexy 25 year old. It. Is. Never. Going. To. Happen. Madge. Leave it. Just let it go.

You have had a glorious time of it, for several decades. Please have some grace and dignity and fade away.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
So SICK of this woman. Sorry. The video with her and Amy Schumer and Jack Black. Oh my god. Was that all supposed to be ironic? If so it really did NOT work at all, in fact it seemed like they were all into the pathetic teenage sex talk and stupid truth or dares and that just made me feel pretty sick and sad. Admittedly I am menopausal and generally quite depressed but that really didn't help. I'm about 10 years younger than Madonna and grew up with her. I absolutely do not look at her like GOALZ - am I supposed to be in awe because she's got a face like a balloon and can dress like a teenager, show her tits and talk about licking buttholes with all those gurning middle-aged fools?

It just makes me sad and nostalgic and like she's destroyed some very nice memories, in the same way that it becomes really hard to remember a parent positively when you've had 10 years of losing them to dementia.

I remember how much I WORSHIPPED her in the 80s and early 90s and how cool she was. She understood the age and herself and her audience perfectly. It all just worked brilliantly. So it;s completely tragic to see what she's become, the crappy performances and horrible instas and how obsessed she is with her looks, with being seen as sexual and appealing to men, with having high bouncy breasts and a tight butt and no wrinkles and apparently no idea that it all just looks incredibly weird.

I actually feel quite annoyed and upset, all hormonal no doubt but with some remaining sanity still in there. She can do what she likes of course but I think all these people surrounding her and egging her on are pretty grim. I think I'm going to try to ignore her from now on. (I probably won't succeed.)
I totally get this ♥
I wouldn't say that I was a massive Madonna fan, but she was just "there" as I grew up, (I'm a few years older than you @Lady_H , and a few years younger than Madge)
I've bought her albums, I've taken them to parties, and to my boyfriends' houses, so that we could make a tape to play in their cars. I saw her live, at Wembley stadium on a hot summer's day, she was a fantastic entertainer, never the world's best dancer, or singer, but she was bloody great. Fearless, sexy, confident, she did scare a lot of people but we loved her for it.
When she recorded "Ray of Light" and spoke of her feelings about becoming a mother, I absolutely got it. My son was born shortly before the song was released, and she just spoke to me, I still listen to that song, and it still speaks to me.
I can remember staying up late to watch the MTV awards, first the brilliant "Express Yourself" routine, then later, her incredible performance of "Vogue", (with the clicky fans! ♥♥♥)
She grew up and matured, as did I. She married Guy Richie and even came to live in my country for a bit (Although she wasn't too impressed with London, apparently saying something like "The trouble with London is that you're never more than 300 yards from a council estate" 🙄)
But of course, she started to believe her own hype. She obtained, by fair means or foul, the usual celebrity gaggle of adopted kids. She started dating MUCH younger guys. The cosmetic surgeons started circling, and she succumbed to their promises of eternal youth. She was never going to grow old and miserable like the rest of us, she was going to carry on being gorgeous and sexy and relevant...

I guess we are still talking about her, so she HAS stayed relevant in one sense. But she's yesterday's news, the kids aren't listening to her, and us oldies are just embarassed on her behalf. I live a stone's throw from the O2, my total travelling expenses to and from there, would be less than a fiver. And I can afford a ticket. But I don't want to see her like that. I'm happy to remember her on that sunny day at Wembley, with her platinum hair and her pointy bra, back when she was a force to be reckoned with.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Horatio

VIP Member
I feel bad for her. She made it in a very different time to Gaga , when female pop stars were generally completely controlled by male managers. In the film about MIA that came out recently she talks about the Super Bowl performance she did with her (was controversial because MIA gave the finger to the camera if you recall) Anyway she says how depressing she found it in rehearsals seeing all these men telling Madonna to “bend down this way” “stick your bum out this way” and she was just complying. This was Madonna, the singer she had grown up with as a feminist icon and inspiration.

Anyway point is, that shit messes you up. She was taught to measure her worth on her looks from day one, to the most extreme degree, no wonder she is so panicked about getting old now. It doesn’t excuse a lot of things but does explain some. I don’t find her funny. I find her sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Lady_H

VIP Member
So SICK of this woman. Sorry. The video with her and Amy Schumer and Jack Black. Oh my god. Was that all supposed to be ironic? If so it really did NOT work at all, in fact it seemed like they were all into the pathetic teenage sex talk and stupid truth or dares and that just made me feel pretty sick and sad. Admittedly I am menopausal and generally quite depressed but that really didn't help. I'm about 10 years younger than Madonna and grew up with her. I absolutely do not look at her like GOALZ - am I supposed to be in awe because she's got a face like a balloon and can dress like a teenager, show her tits and talk about licking buttholes with all those gurning middle-aged fools?

It just makes me sad and nostalgic and like she's destroyed some very nice memories, in the same way that it becomes really hard to remember a parent positively when you've had 10 years of losing them to dementia.

I remember how much I WORSHIPPED her in the 80s and early 90s and how cool she was. She understood the age and herself and her audience perfectly. It all just worked brilliantly. So it;s completely tragic to see what she's become, the crappy performances and horrible instas and how obsessed she is with her looks, with being seen as sexual and appealing to men, with having high bouncy breasts and a tight butt and no wrinkles and apparently no idea that it all just looks incredibly weird.

I actually feel quite annoyed and upset, all hormonal no doubt but with some remaining sanity still in there. She can do what she likes of course but I think all these people surrounding her and egging her on are pretty grim. I think I'm going to try to ignore her from now on. (I probably won't succeed.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Itsnotmeitsyou

Chatty Member
Madonna is an 80s icon and she was a trail blazer at the time, writing, producing, dancing and singing live. She achieved a lot and was very inspirational to me as a young girl at that time. If you look at other 80s icons such as George Michael, Michael J, Prince...Whitney...she’s still here. I think however she does need to accept she isn’t young and won’t appeal to twenty somethings but she can be successful appealing to an older market if she wanted to. I think of another female icon from my childhood, Debbie Harry - she was the ultimate male fantasy and was also very New York cool. She still is but has aged with far more grace, Madonna should take a leaf out of her book not try and keep up with women half her age. Lady Ga Gaga did totally rip off Madonnas Express Yourself though and no doubt learnt a lot from Madonna’s ascent to global fame and ability to reinvent herself / stay in the press.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

KawaiiAF

VIP Member
She's been embarrassing forever, but when she was younger she somehow managed to convince a body of people that she was cool.

Her book `coffee table` book Sex, her hits such as 'Like a virgin' and her awful nudes with the biggest bush you ever saw, it's all just so cringe.

And all that was when she was younger. I feel bad for her kids. Her natural kids don't have much to do with her.

Her adopted kids went from the frying pan into the fire, poor loves have no luck at all. I would never want to be ripped from my country no matter how poor and brought up by nannies and look at her face when she's around. The kids had parents or grandparents wanting them, such as Mercy's father, but was just too poor to raise her. She could've have sponsored them and for very little, helped them be raised at home.

She's like Angelina. Wants to be seen as this angelic person who just swoops in saving kids.

Apparently she's very revengeful. Doesn't matter who it is or how small the slight, she will do her utmost to revenge. She hates lady gaga, who is enormously talented.

From her grillz to her penchant for wearing big crucifixes and relationships with boys young enough to be her sons, if she was a man she would be dubbed creepy predator and rightly so! No wonder her son bailed to his fathers as soon as he could.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
She could have really rocked the vintage look in her twilight years, she always suited it. You can still be attractive in old age, surely it would have been Preferable to this?? Maybe a little nip and tuck would have been OK but trying to block ALL signs of ageing, it doesn't work. Youth isn't just a filled face, it's posture, energy, sparkling eyes, energy, joi de vivre. You can't replicate those things via surgery.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
Madonna has always seemed a deeply unpleasant character from the word go. She did release some catchy songs but talent wise was very overrated I think. There was a vacuum for a major female superstar and she was in the right place at the right time. She is finding old age very threatening as you can't control it and as she is an extremely controlling person that's terrifying. Still she sold her soul for fame and this is the result.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

SlavaUkraini

VIP Member
If you get sepsis to the point it makes you unresponsive then a full recovery isn't very likely.
I had Septic Shock in 2016. It's next level Sepsis. Work accident that caused broken ribs and pneumothorax (blood in the punctured lung.) They didn't drain blood from my abdominal cavity and 7 full weeks later I became unresponsive. A full month in the ICU hooked to every possible form of life support aside from the ECMO.
I had to relearn how to eat, walk, talk, all the basic functions and missed our son's entire grade 2 year. Luckily I had no amputations and every doc says it's a miracle I'm alive. It took a few years of very hard work and took a huge toll on our child. Today I'm only left w several food intolerances, neurological issues, aphasia, tiring easily. Having RA and an autoimmune disease didn't help, but I agree there's something *very* strange about what Madge's going through. The maths don't math lol.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

camotea

She can't need to money from touring, surely. If it was me I'd slow down a bit on the 84 gigs in a row and pivot harder to the record label or film producing projects or whatever. It is obviously not me though. If I was as driven I wouldn't be sat here on a 12 year old laptop.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

WritersBlock

Loved Madonna. She was an icon when I was growing up and I remember being in awe/slightly scared of her. But she definitely influenced my life positively, as in doing you, creatively free, trying new looks, and not giving two shits about the patriarchy.

For a long time now though I’ve wondered about her health. I’m sure her punishing work schedule and various injuries have impacted her, but I’m pretty certain her ego has done the real damage. She strikes me as someone with a disconnect to the real world; she leads a strange life surrounded by sycophants. But I guess she was never destined to be ‘normal’ (whatever that is!) but I feel sad by her actions on things like Insta and her constant filtering of her photos. Rather than stamping her own style on time and age, she just looks like she’s trying to stay young and relevant. Its hardly the big fuck you I would’ve expected (and wanted) from her.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Curly Top

VIP Member
Whatever anyone thought of Madonna, she was always a professional. Her singing may have been somewhat dubious but her dancing and sheer showmanship back then was unmistakable. She managed to move with the times by changing her appearance - a bit like Bowie in that way.
Whilst not conventionally beautiful, she was always very striking. A commanding presence.
It was obvious she would never face the ageing process with fortitude, but I would never have thought she would end up as she has. It is absolutely shocking.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I thought Madonna looked her best in the Ray of Light era, she looked amazing in the Beautiful Stranger video, she looked good in the early 00s too

Too much surgery now, awful outfits, can't accept ageing

Reactions: 24

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
People have been criticising her age for so long. I remember Smash Hits magazine had a feature on the Girlie Show tour, and it said things like “calm down grandma!”, and she was only in her 30s then.

Edited to add. Found it.

IMG_4666.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I know. She was only 35 there, so younger than Beyoncé and Lady Gaga are now.
Kylie Minogue also only recently said that she was called „brave for her age“ when she dared to wear hotpants at the ripe old age of 30…. Can’t win in that industry

• Sad
  • Wow