Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My god how have I only just discovered Madonna on tt 😳, part of me thinks good for her for trying to keep up with technology. But really why would she embarrass herself like this? At least you know all the surgery and products in the world don't work.

Jesus H Christ!

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I just wish I knew what's happened to cause Madonna to end up this way. It is something more than a fear of getting old.

I've been looking back at her best work such as the Blond Ambition tour and am just utterly flabberghasted at what she's become. I do think some sort of drugs have to be involved, rumour has it as a result of falling off her horse about fifteen years ago.

Reactions: 21
It is something more than a fear of getting old
I think fear of getting old is exactly what it is, I didn't realise she's 64?? I guess with still having young kids to look after she feels a lot younger than she is, it's just strange that she's chosen an image/look that doesn't suit or come natural to her (pale, ginger and no eyebrows) at this point in her life I would have liked her to be humbled and celebrated instead of doing weird tiktoks 🙁

Reactions: 15
I think fear of getting old is exactly what it is, I didn't realise she's 64?? I guess with still having young kids to look after she feels a lot younger than she is, it's just strange that she's chosen an image/look that doesn't suit or come natural to her (pale, ginger and no eyebrows) at this point in her life I would have liked her to be humbled and celebrated instead of doing weird tiktoks 🙁
The no eyebrows look dont do her any favours!

Ageing is a process which is entirely out of her control and its obviously extremely difficult for her to cope with. What makes it all the more shocking, is seeing someone who so tightly controlled their public image, display their raging insecurity so blatantly. It's an ugly, disturbing sight. She reminds me of a cabbage patch doll.

77cb694a6eecfd83668e1f2fd2ce0b98--xavier-roberts-cabbage-patch-kids-dolls.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
There was an article a number of years ago about Madonna that was a bit strange. On the surface, it appeared to be about her getting drunk at an art gallery opening and falling over, but there was a real undertone to the piece, as though the writer was alluding to something that they couldn't actually say outright.

It's always stuck in my head because it was such a weird article. And I now know that newspapers etc tend to write about a celebrity incident that seems a touch inane or even random when there's something else they can't actually report for legal reasons.

Looking at all this, I can't help thinking that old article was trying to say something about Madonna back then that could very well point to the reason why she's now behaving in this really rather bizarre way.

Madonna always kept things very locked down in the day. You never knew things about her that she didn't want you to know. Reading between the lines over the years, I've gleaned a vague idea of why and how her marriage to Guy Ritchie failed but I've always thought that she's managed to keep a lot of things quiet.

I dunno. I suspect it will all come out one day. I've always thought she didn't seem to have the sheer level of money she should have had for an 80s megastar.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
There was an article a number of years ago about Madonna that was a bit strange. On the surface, it appeared to be about her getting drunk at an art gallery opening and falling over, but there was a real undertone to the piece, as though the writer was alluding to something that they couldn't actually say outright.

It's always stuck in my head because it was such a weird article. And I now know that newspapers etc tend to write about a celebrity incident that seems a touch inane or even random when there's something else they can't actually report for legal reasons.

Looking at all this, I can't help thinking that old article was trying to say something about Madonna back then that could very well point to the reason why she's now behaving in this really rather bizarre way.

Madonna always kept things very locked down in the day. You never knew things about her that she didn't want you to know. Reading between the lines over the years, I've gleaned a vague idea of why and how her marriage to Guy Ritchie failed but I've always thought that she's managed to keep a lot of things quiet.

I dunno. I suspect it will all come out one day. I've always thought she didn't seem to have the sheer level of money she should have had for an 80s megastar.
I believe that she is worth millions upon millions - not far off being a billionaire. Something is not right though - it’s seems more complex than an addiction alone (I’m sure there are issues with drugs and or alcohol though).
Madonna has gone from being pretty savvy and relatively private to this. I suspect that she is quite unwell (mental health) but that everyone is treading on eggshells around her.
God knows, but she does not seem to be in a good place now.

I wonder if she will ever tour again?
I can’t see it. She seems to have declined rapidly in the last 5 years or so. She is 64, amd could still perform without the dancing from previous years - but I don’t think she could get up on stage and sing now.
Madonna seems out of it now, unrecognisable from less than a decade ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Her previous two tours were a mess. In the Rebel Heart tour she was boozing on stage, which I don't think she's done before or at least not like that.

The Madame X tour seems like it was a total disaster from start to finish for one reason or another. It was sad to see someone who was always so polished on stage push on when she should have absolutely stopped.

Reactions: 14
I’m still going with prescription painkiller addition which started when she had an accident on her horse. Oh and booze!

Reactions: 9
I’m still going with prescription painkiller addition which started when she had an accident on her horse. Oh and booze!
I agree and think the same. I bet she's on some sort of prescription opioid (like Mathew Perry).

She's clearly lost her fitness after years of being addicted to exercise and while she could tour again with a different type of show I don't think she will. Plenty of singers just sing on stage without doing all the dancing but I don't think she wants to adapt and do less.

Reactions: 11
Her previous two tours were a mess. In the Rebel Heart tour she was boozing on stage, which I don't think she's done before or at least not like that.

The Madame X tour seems like it was a total disaster from start to finish for one reason or another. It was sad to see someone who was always so polished on stage push on when she should have absolutely stopped.
yeah I really can’t see her up on strange singing and dancing like she did. The one and only time I’ve seen her was the Sticky and Sweet tour and she was incredible. It was amazing to see how super fit she was and her dancing was on point. But, as @MissHavisham says, she has declined rapidly this last few years. I also think the pandemic didn’t do her any favours. She seemed to have come out of the last two years a bit of a state.

Reactions: 4
Definitely drugs and alcohol bit you wonder if there isn't something like dementia starting in there as well

• Wow
Reactions: 5

This is it. I was a big fan, but for some reason only managed to see her once, on the MDNA tour. It wasn't great, but I see now that even then, well beyond her peak, she was still an absolute professional. I don't think she has that attribute any more.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Whatever anyone thought of Madonna, she was always a professional. Her singing may have been somewhat dubious but her dancing and sheer showmanship back then was unmistakable. She managed to move with the times by changing her appearance - a bit like Bowie in that way.
Whilst not conventionally beautiful, she was always very striking. A commanding presence.
It was obvious she would never face the ageing process with fortitude, but I would never have thought she would end up as she has. It is absolutely shocking.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Whatever anyone thought of Madonna, she was always a professional. Her singing may have been somewhat dubious but her dancing and sheer showmanship back then was unmistakable. She managed to move with the times by changing her appearance - a bit like Bowie in that way.
Whilst not conventionally beautiful, she was always very striking. A commanding presence.
It was obvious she would never face the ageing process with fortitude, but I would never have thought she would end up as she has. It is absolutely shocking.
I guess I'd always expected her to go full Bonham/ Westwood eccentric once she started "properly" aging and embrace the crone life. It would have suited her.

Earlier Madonna would have been derisive about present Madonna, I think.

Reactions: 20
That's jogged my memory actually. I remember as a teenager reading about her perfectionism and neurosis in magazine interviews, how she practised hot yoga from 5am for 5 hours a day, how she demanded the best out of everyone and took her performances so seriously. Whatever about her talent, her professionalism was off the charter and she always looked immaculate. She looks like a bloated clown now by comparison and like someone having a manic episode.

That's the problem with her level of wealth and stardom - she could be having a mental health crisis but instead of stepping in and getting her the help she needs, her hangers on will be validating and entertaining her lunatic whims.

• Sad
I think Madonna has just got older, though not necessarily wiser. She's competitive and hates being top of the game and the centre of attention, so this is her (misguided) way of maintaining it. Maybe she always lacked self awareness and good friends who tell her the truth (an indication of how she treated her friends is the entanglement with Ingrid Chavez, who adored M and Madonna seemingly treated her like a serf / piece of dirt).

Madonna doesn't appear to tolerate anyone with a different point of view to hers - and we all know what happens when a super-rich celebrity is in their autumn years and surrounded by yes-men. The vultures start circling.

I wonder what her relationship with Christopher is like now - he was not that complimentary of his sister in the book My Sister Madonna, though, making money out of a sibling's behaviour is pretty scummy as well. He seemed to suggest he wasn't paid well for his work as an interior designer, and in the early years he danced with her, then dressed her when on tour.

Anthony / Tony was the brother really struggling with alcohol issues, not sure what became of him.

Though I don't think having a superstar family member should be a golden ticket to a life of leisure, I would still try to keep my family safe to a degree - unless some sort of dealbreaker behaviour happened.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.