Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem with madonna is her USP has always been a rebellious character, which is fine when ur young but when you're almost pushing 70, well then it just looks tragic.
Er..."pushing 70" is a rather harsh way to describe a 64-year-old.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Also, isn’t she supposed to be making a film based on her life, written, directed and produced by her? Is she going to have time for both?!
I think that film has been "in development" since at least 2020. She started it in lockdown, IIRC, and would post a lot about writing and the script but it's been radio silent on the subject for ages from what I can tell.

I doubt it will ever actually be made at this point.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I think that film has been "in development" since at least 2020. She started it in lockdown, IIRC, and would post a lot about writing and the script but it's been radio silent on the subject for ages from what I can tell.

I doubt it will ever actually be made at this point.
Thanks so much Lilyann! I was reading that Florence Pugh was supposed to be the number one choice for the role! I can see her playing a young Madonna and I think she is very talented but you would have to be an all rounder for a role like that, singing, dancing, the lot. Maybe Madonna would use a body double for the dancing bits and a voiceover for singing. I actually would love for this to happen! I did read that the film - whenever she gets round to it! - is supposed to begin at the 1990 “Vogue Madonna” years ( with probable flashbacks to the 80s).

Thanks so much Lilyann! I was reading that Florence Pugh was supposed to be the number one choice for the role! I can see her playing a young Madonna and I think she is very talented but you would have to be an all rounder for a role like that, singing, dancing, the lot. Maybe Madonna would use a body double for the dancing bits and a voiceover for singing. I actually would love for this to happen! I did read that the film - whenever she gets round to it! - is supposed to begin at the 1990 “Vogue Madonna” years ( with probable flashbacks to the 80s).
I'd rather a film that was about her early years. They are fascinating! There was a glimpse of this in the documentary Madonna and the Breakfast Club, which is well worth a watch. The actress they hired to portray Madonna is absolutely stunning.

I fear Madonna's own version of her biopic will be extremely whitewashed and boring. She's such a control freak I can't imagine her leaving any of the less flattering stuff in.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'd rather a film that was about her early years. They are fascinating! There was a glimpse of this in the documentary Madonna and the Breakfast Club, which is well worth a watch. The actress they hired to portray Madonna is absolutely stunning.

I fear Madonna's own version of her biopic will be extremely whitewashed and boring. She's such a control freak I can't imagine her leaving any of the less flattering stuff in.

Agree with you and I saw that too! Absolutely fantastic documentary. Did you know that the beautiful actress, Jamie Auld that played her died suddenly and unexpectedly and of “unknown causes” exactly a year ago? She was only 26. So strange.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Agree with you and I saw that too! Absolutely fantastic documentary. Did you know that the beautiful actress, Jamie Auld that played her died suddenly and unexpectedly and of “unknown causes” exactly a year ago? She was only 26. So strange.

I had no idea! I am so sorry to hear she died. Poor, poor woman. She was wonderful and I feel could have had a great career.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I had no idea! I am so sorry to hear she died. Poor, poor woman. She was wonderful and I feel could have had a great career.
Update, I couldn’t sleep for thinking about poor Jamie and just went down a hole reading her social media and comments from other people. Apparently, seemed like she was suffering in secret from bulimia, that’s what people think, and led to her sudden passing. In addition to acting, she also worked in advertising for a big ad agency in NewYorkCity. Her LinkedIn is still up.

Feel so very sad. She WAS uncannily Madonna in the doc and I‘m sure she would have easily been used in any future Madonna-related works. Madonna herself has not commented on Jamie, I wish she would, Jamie put her heart and soul into the role and it was a very successful, well crafted and produced documentary. So many people on her IG are shocked at Jamie’s passing. There are some lovely pictures on both her IG and the IG for the doc, if anyone is interested. @jamie_auld @madonnaandthebreakfastclub

Update, I couldn’t sleep for thinking about poor Jamie and just went down a hole reading her social media and comments from other people. Apparently, seemed like she was suffering in secret from bulimia, that’s what people think, and led to her sudden passing. In addition to acting, she also worked in advertising for a big ad agency in NewYorkCity. Her LinkedIn is still up.

Feel so very sad. She WAS uncannily Madonna in the doc and I‘m sure she would have easily been used in any future Madonna-related works. Madonna herself has not commented on Jamie, I wish she would, Jamie put her heart and soul into the role and it was a very successful, well crafted and produced documentary. So many people on her IG are shocked at Jamie’s passing. There are some lovely pictures on both her IG and the IG for the doc, if anyone is interested. @jamie_auld @madonnaandthebreakfastclub
Dying at 26 is just so tragic and heartbreaking.

Madonna is not a nice person. I don't think she makes any gesture that doesn't bennift herself...I think she's been like that since the start. Her personal reputation has always portayed her as a horror.

Reactions: 14
Dying at 26 is just so tragic and heartbreaking.

Madonna is not a nice person. I don't think she makes any gesture that doesn't bennift herself...I think she's been like that since the start. Her personal reputation has always portayed her as a horror.
You‘re right. Certainly this side of her we are seeing in all its literal ugly glory, right now. Such a shame. Thought she’d mellow with age. Would have been so interesting for her to be a guest judge on the Voice or anything similar. You need to move with the times in a graceful way, Madge luv, not getting your bum out every two mins.

The ego on her is probably the worst of anyone in celebrity world!

Reactions: 10
She is often cited as a celebrity with Narcissistic Personality Disorder along with the likes of Donald Trump, Kim Kardashian, Mariah Carey and Tom Cruise. These people - and especially the ones who've dined out on their looks and personal charm - find the ageing process much harder than others. Their true personality then tends to shine through as they are not getting the adulation they need.

My own mother had NPD and her good looks and effervescent personality fooled a lot of people but as she aged she couldn't cope with not being the "belle of the ball" at most functions and her grouchiness and snideness came through. It was very gratifying when people began to realise her true nature. Finally, my sisters and I received sympathy for having to deal with her behind closed doors for decades.

I believe this is what is happening with Madonna.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She is often cited as a celebrity with Narcissistic Personality Disorder along with the likes of Donald Trump, Kim Kardashian, Mariah Carey and Tom Cruise. These people - and especially the ones who've dined out on their looks and personal charm - find the ageing process much harder than others. Their true personality then tends to shine through as they are not getting the adulation they need.

My own mother had NPD and her good looks and effervescent personality fooled a lot of people but as she aged she couldn't cope with not being the "belle of the ball" at most functions and her grouchiness and snideness came through. It was very gratifying when people began to realise her true nature. Finally, my sisters and I received sympathy for having to deal with her behind closed doors for decades.

I believe this is what is happening with Madonna.
I agree on Madonna but wouldn't have had Mariah down as a narc? I thought a lot of her diva image is just that, an image - and hadn't heard of her being nasty behind the scenes. But happy to stand corrected. I agree on Trump. Don't know much about Kim K.

Reactions: 1
I agree on Madonna but wouldn't have had Mariah down as a narc? I thought a lot of her diva image is just that, an image - and hadn't heard of her being nasty behind the scenes. But happy to stand corrected. I agree on Trump. Don't know much about Kim K.
Mariah is bipolar, isn't she?

Reactions: 1
Don’t shoot the messenger. This link has been showing up on a few blogs. Looks like there is some scandal brewing over Mad’s Malawi charity. Not yet been reported in mainstream news. Breitbart could be considered a ‘far right’ news organisation, but wasn’t the daily mail too, at one point?:LOL:

Also, bet you anything she never took that Vacc. She tweeted the same link to a doctor that Trump had also tweeted. She took it down pretty quick after.

Hmmm looks like Breitbart really don’t like Madonna! I’ve always had reservations about these celebrities going into poor countries and adopting children there. What’s wrong with looking after children in your own country?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That second photo will haunt me for the rest of my life. (I’ll never get to sleep again)
Same! You can actually see her age in it, though (alongside the ridiculous surgery, of course). Imagine how rough she looks first thing in the morning…
*I recommend Nightol… 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.