Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She defo said that cos I remember thinking 😳 really?

18.55 minutes in. I'm going to save these knives and not use them. Will look good in my youtube videos.
Go check it out 😅👍
Sustainability my foot!
Not to defend her, but I'm pretty sure she meant that she's not going to "use them" until the knife block is put up once the kitchen is painted.

I don't read this thread a lot, but does her hair bother anyone else? Like it always seems to be damp/wet and draping everywhere like a damp overgrown poodle and it just drives me crazy! She paints and does messy things like that with it flinging all over the place! I don't know why it irritates me so much lol! 😂

Reactions: 13
Not to defend her, but I'm pretty sure she meant that she's not going to "use them" until the knife block is put up once the kitchen is painted.

I don't read this thread a lot, but does her hair bother anyone else? Like it always seems to be damp/wet and draping everywhere like a damp overgrown poodle and it just drives me crazy! She paints and does messy things like that with it flinging all over the place! I don't know why it irritates me so much lol! 😂
I think her hair is beautiful but I know what you mean. I always wanted her to tie it back when she was cooking!

Reactions: 6
I feel like she really uses her hair like a security blanket. She's quite vain when it comes to her hair I think. It looked amazing when she was doing the whole "no poo" thing and it was just below her shoulders.I remember buying the first edition of the cookery ebook she did and it looked lovely then. Just thick, curly and clean. Since she got back into using products on it (I think function of beauty was when she really lost me!) it looks like it's just always hanging there like Shmoogles said. I'm also guessing her food always has hair in it.

Yeah she uses a hell of a lot of product in her hair, and I think there is somewhat of a build up of serums, hair masks and conditioners going on there. And she's ALWAYS touching and messing with it... Just leave it alone! 🤣
I think it needs a couple of inches off and it would look (and feel) so much fresher.

A far cry from the girl who used to be so anti-shampoo and anything with chemicals in!

Reactions: 7
Advertising Seasalt on M&S… how old is she again? 😳
I've never heard of the brand seasalt, but I'm getting frumpy 'off-to-the-village-fête' vibes from that dress 😬
Many moons ago I used to work in the store Monsoon and that's the exact kind of dress the 50 something's loved!

So it's ok to continue to encourage unnecessary buying of new clothes as long as the brand cries 'sustainability'.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've never heard of the brand seasalt, but I'm getting frumpy 'off-to-the-village-fête' vibes from that dress 😬
Many moons ago I used to work in the store Monsoon and that's the exact kind of dress the 50 something's loved!

So it's ok to continue to encourage unnecessary buying of new clothes as long as the brand cries 'sustainability'.
That’s essentially right - and it’s all made in China. I don’t quite understand how they’ve built a reputation on sustainability.

Reactions: 7
That’s essentially right - and it’s all made in China. I don’t quite understand how they’ve built a reputation on sustainability.
It's like only ugly and frumpy clothes are 'allowed' to be classed as sustainable 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ugly dresses and stringy tresses in my #Georgian#Country#House

Sanding beams and cooking up schemes to fund my #Georgian #Country #House dreams

Sustainable minimalist was just a phase; now it's time for my viewers to pay

Buy my glasses! Buy my books! I need money for an inglenook

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I own some Seasalt and the items I have do give me slightly substitute art teacher vibes 😅

It's also not a brand I would think of as properly sustainable. 😬 I think they're definitely trying to be in some respects? But it's not there yet. https://www.seasaltcornwall.com/sustainability (so much sustainability waffle on this part of their site)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Faux minimalism, altruism but is just boring-ism

Ads for my #GeorgianHouse, puts all my morals into doubts
Screw morals and minimalism these ads make a fortune, did I mention my house is Georgian?

Omg.. waffling on about nothing. Yap yap yappity yap. Don't see much of Alex. Probably couldn't wait to get away. I stopped watching. Too much me me me!!!

Back to the wanky piano music on this week's vlog! I actually tried to watch for the first time in awhile but couldn't get through the waffling. I see she's back to calling the house a farmhouse as well.

I might be adding two and two together and getting five here but I feel like there might be something going on with Alex's family. If it is something more serious than a leak I do hope they're OK.

My new thread suggestion is:
Living in my Dream Georgian Period Farmhouse Home, hauling so many items I don't need to own.

Reactions: 11
I might be adding two and two together and getting five here but I feel like there might be something going on with Alex's family. If it is something more serious than a leak I do hope they're OK.
Yeah I think you're right, I only managed to watch a small amount of the video, but from what I could see he was away the whole time?
I get the feeling she desperately wants to blurt out what it is, but he's put his foot down and said no!

Reactions: 8
Anyone else think the long rant about productivity was a bit odd? Clearly she has some self esteem issues and very high expectations set upon herself. She even said herself she's never really thought about it until her routine has been messed up. The long ramble was like she was trying to convince herself on the idea - she should definitely see a therapist about it 🧐

Anyone else think the long rant about productivity was a bit odd? Clearly she has some self esteem issues and very high expectations set upon herself. She even said herself she's never really thought about it until her routine has been messed up. The long ramble was like she was trying to convince herself on the idea - she should definitely see a therapist about it 🧐
I know she seen a therapist. But she probably gives other people anxiety. I watch youtube to be uplifted not brought down. She actually gives me anxiety, I had to stop watching. Want to watch a reno, cooking, interaction with her animals, budget shopping, no selling sunglasses and moaning and waffling.. thats too much for those of us having a anxiety issues!
Alex has not been around a lot. I hope everything is ok with him.

She was definitely not right in that video. She seemed really subdued/anxious. She only really got animated talking about the new bathroom.
Maybe she should have taken more time off.

Reactions: 2
I know she seen a therapist. But she probably gives other people anxiety. I watch youtube to be uplifted not brought down. She actually gives me anxiety, I had to stop watching. Want to watch a reno, cooking, interaction with her animals, budget shopping, no selling sunglasses and moaning and waffling.. thats too much for those of us having a anxiety issues!
You’re definitely right about Maddie giving people anxiety (or adding to it). She puts me on edge and that’s just from her Instastories, not watched a you tube video of hers for months. She needs to being back the food shopping videos of old and not project whatever is troubling her at the moment onto her viewers.

Yeah, I think the long videos that are a combination of waffly vlog, talks about decorating, sponsorships etc is too much. I much prefer shorter more concise videos, so a 15 minute weekly vlog, or a 10 minute sit down video about the process of changing a kitchen etc. Instead she's started doing these vlog style videos that are just a stream of thought, which also gets really repetitive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.