Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My main issue with this instagram post was that it felt like we'd regressed 70 years. Where is her feminism? Of course we all do the laundry, its a part of everyday life, but as an influencer I'm not sure how helpful it is to show girls and women this sun-dappled, idyllic image of woman in dress, apron with woven basket in tow. It's all a bit Handmaid's Tale for my liking.
Yes, and there's loads of discussion online about the weird venn diagram of tradwives and cottagecore. There's also a real Lesbian community in cottage core apparently which is lovely. But it means I've always got to check when I find someone on SM - to make sure they're not a white supremacist and all that.

Reactions: 5
Jesus christ, who the duck does she think she is?!? She's 10000% trying to be girl in calico but looks more like Mary magdalene 😂
Speaking of white supremacists! (her twitter & her twitter likes are wild. FundieSnark Uncesored on reddit discusses her a bit too!)

Reactions: 1
I just watched her last video today. She mentions that they are going to redo the bathroom to fix the leaks and that the old bathroom will go to her sister, because there is nothing wrong with it and the bath is great. But she wants a new bathroom and the sister is very happy to get the old one… so basically the sister is the sustainable one not Madeleine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Wait … girl in calico is a white supremacist? I only know she hardly posts YT videos and don’t follow her elsewhere since I don’t have IG/Twitter.

When she was talking about how you don't have to work full time I think I nearly has an apoplexy.

If you are not from a privileged background, chances are you will have to work full-time. Not all of us are going to be able to earn our living from YouTube, making average recipes and flicking our hair. She is so far removed from the average person's life experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Reactions: 3
Speaking of white supremacists! (her twitter & her twitter likes are wild. FundieSnark Uncesored on reddit discusses her a bit too!)
She retweeded me the other day bashing something I said about slaughterhouses.

Perhaps an overstatement, but I would say she's pretty close to being one. She's fully engrossed in the whole weird tradwife subculture which has heavy WS overtones. All about the 'old days' etc.
Holy tit! Maybe we need to make a girl in calico thread 😂🙈

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She retweeded me the other day bashing something I said about slaughterhouses.

Holy tit! Maybe we need to make a girl in calico thread 😂🙈
Holy crap, never heard of this person but she sounds terrible.

Perhaps an overstatement, but I would say she's pretty close to being one. She's fully engrossed in the whole weird tradwife subculture which has heavy WS overtones. All about the 'old days' etc.
Jesus I can’t even finish reading all those I’m getting ragey!

I watch her videos every now and then mostly for reno content. Can anyone tell me if her sponsored cake making machine that she used once, get pride of place in the new kitchen.

Someone commented that she should do more try on hauls..... is this response a joke? She's been gifted and purchased quite a few clothing items over the last year hasn't she!?

Screenshot_20210926-174306_YouTube.jpg

Today's vlog is an AD for these shoes that apparently go with everything, as demonstrated below
Screenshot_20210926-174616_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Why an I not surprised 80% of that vlog was an ad. Seriously what a horrible bunch of outfits! Those dresses that are stitched just below the boob are terribly unflattering.
The stuff she promotes is so far off what most people her age wear it's actually weird to watch.

Just speculation, but she definitely appeared 'fuller', wouldn't be surprised if she is pregnant. Maybe that's why she's rushing the Reno? 😂

And a few chairs in her garden set are broken, so the ENTIRE set must be disposed of. (Even though she is re-landscaping the patio area?!) Because bricking over the garden is soo environmentally friendly!

Reactions: 9
She is toxic. I said this before and will say it again. She has a following of subs who mimic her who go and buy what she is sponsoring only for Maddie to drop that and go to the next product. Her success is the detriment of her subs.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if she has thought of getting a narrow rectangle table for the outdoor space?... she must have said this 10 times in the latest vlog :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of furniture, watching her go full turbo-Karen on the company that made the chairs and table was horrible. That was so deliberate...using her 'influencer' status to try and bully and shame the company. She didn't have to name them; she could have behaved like an adult and contacted the company and given them a chance to resolve the problem, but instead she chose to witch about them on social media. For all anyone knows, the furniture may have been improperly stored (they looked really water damaged to me) or it could just be a faulty batch of timber. tit happens, the product had a warranty, and most companies do actually want their customers to be happy. Instead, Madeleine tried to manipulate the situation by naming them which is really only an action of last resort AFTER you have tried (and failed) to resolve the issue with the company. I hope other brands take note of her nasty entitled behaviour and stop working with her.

Reactions: 12
She publicly shamed a brand last week too didn't she? The tap people. Why not telephone or email them like a normal person? Just freebie/upgrade grabbing. No doubt when the freebies arrive she'll be full of compliments.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.