Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m watching her poorly named “ideal weekend” video as background to my work and, I don’t know, but her garden stresses me out. I feel like the border is an absolute tip and it all looks overgrown and messy to me.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I remember that as well. I think she wanted to be like all the other vegan youtubers and freelee wannabes at the time who went traveling all around the world, ate nothing but fruit, and did cycling/yoga retreats and stuff but it got too much for her. I also think she was suffering with distorted eating. I remember her video announcing they were coming back to the UK and she mentioned she's much more of a home body.
Yeah, they tried to move to Chang Mai/Rai from what I remember to try and be those vegan vloggers, they sold all their stuff too and then came back within a couple of months because they hated it

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah when I first watched her, she had about a thousand followers, worked for her parents and lived in their spare flat. Then she started cycling and doing the high carb low fat thing so I unfollowed. Next time I looked a few years later all had changed, so I refollowed. I've unfollowed again now though cuz she is insufferable! 😂

Reactions: 4
I think she did a video once called “why I don’t wear underwear”…

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think she did a video once called “why I don’t wear underwear”…
Yeah I mentioned this a few pages back! She definitely talked about how she didn't need underwear and it was one of the unnecessary items she chose not to buy any more :rolleyes: I assume she's now realised that it's much more hygienic and comfortable to wear underwear.

• Haha
Yeah I mentioned this a few pages back! She definitely talked about how she didn't need underwear and it was one of the unnecessary items she chose not to buy any more :rolleyes: I assume she's now realised that it's much more hygienic and comfortable to wear underwear.
Between that and them constantly cycling and stuff I remember thinking she must just smell really bad

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Between that and them constantly cycling and stuff I remember thinking she must just smell really bad
There's just no way I could face going to work without wearing knickers 😂 I'd be so uncomfortable.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s really strange to think back to how committed she was to minimalism when I first started watching her. I think it was one of those 50 things you don’t need / should get rid off videos. She was insisting that you should get rid of stuff like jewellery if you’re not wearing it.

Reactions: 14
It’s really strange to think back to how committed she was to minimalism when I first started watching her. I think it was one of those 50 things you don’t need / should get rid off videos. She was insisting that you should get rid of stuff like jewellery if you’re not wearing it.
Yes, that was when I started watching her.

Reactions: 2
Yes, that was when I started watching her.
Strange that she was so committed to having next to no belongings a few years ago and now her channel is how to be a wealthy vegan homeowner!
I’m at a similar stage of life to her as I’ve just moved house. I thought I’d watch some of her moving videos to get me motivated for packing up but I found the amount of stuff she had genuinely overwhelming and couldn’t finish. A year ago I’d have loved the Reno content but now it seems a bit repetitive, and a lot less fun than the first time around

Reactions: 7
Honestly I’d actually really enjoy her reno content, but she doesn’t separate it or use it as a niche. I don’t want to tune into an hour long video titled planning my new kitchen, only to instead see her on the beach with a wanky piano soundtrack.

Did anyone see the comment calling her clueless on her what I used to eat reel? I thought her reply was pretty classy.

Reactions: 10
I was reading through her YouTube comments not long after she had posted a video of her announcing the move and a LOT of them were calling her out on her privilege and also some asking why she was moving on so quickly etc.. I looked back the next day to see if she had replied, turned out she had deleted the lot!

• Wow
  • Haha
I made a comment on an Insta post she made a couple of years ago when she was really into sustainable lifestyle/ saving the planet etc and in this post she basically said only young people cared about the planet/environment. I just printed out that it was a very big assumption to make about a huge group of the population and that I knew a lot of older people campaigning and living sustainably. She answered me very reasonably and nicely and apologised
BUT I was then attacked really viciously by a lot of her fans. I wonder what they think of their sustainable, minimal icon nowadays?

I'm really struggling to understand what she actually does during the days. She's forever whining on about how hard her life and work is and how she needs to take more time for herself. Aside from sponsored posts and youtube content the most strenuous thing she does is online shopping. When she talks about 'slow living' all I can think is that an average tree sloth would get more done in day.
For someone who has branded herself as being sustainable/minimalist, all I can see is massive consumption, self-entitled privilege, and an "I'm such an overworked delicate princess" attitude.

Reactions: 16
I'm really struggling to understand what she actually does during the days. She's forever whining on about how hard her life and work is and how she needs to take more time for herself. Aside from sponsored posts and youtube content the most strenuous thing she does is online shopping. When she talks about 'slow living' all I can think is that an average tree sloth would get more done in day.
For someone who has branded herself as being sustainable/minimalist, all I can see is massive consumption, self-entitled privilege, and an "I'm such an overworked delicate princess" attitude.
This! They said recently they have people who come and work for them as well, so what does she actually do other than photograph and film her meals (not even that regularly). I find her videos a bit smug tbh.

Reactions: 9
This! They said recently they have people who come and work for them as well, so what does she actually do other than photograph and film her meals (not even that regularly). I find her videos a bit smug tbh.
Exactly! Her content peaked years ago and has only been going down since lockdown. (Which was Maddies fault cause she stopped uploading consistently and just didn't keep up with everything.)

Just look at her channel and video views from now and compare them to about 2 years ago. She gets less than 100k views on her recent uploads. With as high as a subscriber count as she has, not even hitting 100k every video is a red flag for a content creator.

It makes me wonder why they need to hire more people when all they put out are some random youtube vlogs (which aren't hard to edit) and what a couple of sponsored instagram posts here and there?

Reactions: 7
Exactly! Her content peaked years ago and has only been going down since lockdown. (Which was Maddies fault cause she stopped uploading consistently and just didn't keep up with everything.)

Just look at her channel and video views from now and compare them to about 2 years ago. She gets less than 100k views on her recent uploads. With as high as a subscriber count as she has, not even hitting 100k every video is a red flag for a content creator.

It makes me wonder why they need to hire more people when all they put out are some random youtube vlogs (which aren't hard to edit) and what a couple of sponsored instagram posts here and there?
Maybe it lets them do a Radford family money fix, where they claim to earn just enough to be under the max tax threshold that lets them claim so much in benefits. :LOL:

• Sick
I think she definitely looks at these threads 🤣

Yes Maddy, we're all supposed to change and better ourselves, that does not however involve creating vlogs about your huge bleeping house and hiring a gardener.
Screenshot_20210615_161206.jpg

Reactions: 9
Two brand new stools, two brand new bedside tables, oh and a brand new iMac! Followed by an invisalign consultation!

Screenshot_20210615-175035_YouTube.jpg

No one cares.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.