Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know how many cups of tea they are getting through to justify getting a boiling water tap as well. Especially if they're allegedly working in the office every day, which has a kettle.
To be fair, after having a boiling water tap in my office at work I really want one for home...

Reactions: 4
God she's so dreary and dull that even the dog is desperate to escape! :LOL: Good luck with that - there's no way that useless plastic mesh will contain a canine escape-artist. Roxy will be under that in 5 seconds flat.
She's such a control freak but doesn't really want to actually put in the work herself...I noticed she was already referring to 'our gardener'.
Gotta love the way this 'sustainability queen' spends huge amounts on plastic-wrapped snacks, hair products, and renovations.

I get the feeling there's a bit of buyer's remorse occurring now she realises the property needs a lot of work. I think they will just do a basic cosmetic tidy-up before flipping it. I STILL don't understand why anyone would buy a property with such a tiny living room. Where on earth are friends/family supposed to sit if you want them to come round to watch movies or something - the bedrooms? There is literally nowhere for anybody to hang out other than the kitchen or lined up facing each other in the teeny lounge.

Reactions: 15
I haven’t watched any of her videos for a while, they’re in my ‘to watch’ folder and I’ll probably get around to them at some point but meh. She was my ‘go to first’ you tuber but this house move has really opened my eyes to her. She’s a bit of a misery guts and I don’t need that content right now 😂

Reactions: 9
The fence they’ve put in confuses me, won’t Roxie just jump over it?!

Reactions: 1
I agree, I think she’s all go until it actually needs to be done. They started big Renovations in their last house and stopped half way I think that and filming it is just to much for poor maddie she can’t keep up.
weird, because the last house was in a better cornwall location and would have sold for a lot more now.
this house is in a rubbish area and seems so unpractical for anyone wanting a family. It cannot be a forever home!

Reactions: 8
Screenshot_20210609-105249_YouTube.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm just projecting here but this sounds smug as well!? It's the 'ideal' and 'delicious' that seem a bit OTT. Whatever happened to calling a video a Weekend Vlog....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Whoever mentioned the piano music on her videos, I can’t unhear how ridiculous it is now.

Reactions: 5
View attachment 609743

I'm not sure if I'm just projecting here but this sounds smug as well!? It's the 'ideal' and 'delicious' that seem a bit OTT. Whatever happened to calling a video a Weekend Vlog....
This gets worse and worse the more I think about it. As someone who struggles with anxiety and her mental health you’d think she’d have chosen her words more carefully, they really invite negative comparison.

Reactions: 6
I had a quick scan through the video and there's a dialogue about 36 minutes in about there being more to life than work and how we're all realising work shouldn't be a priority...... she even throws in something about how we're all working at home now... hasn't she always worked at home?!

It was well intentioned and I agree that we shouldn't live to work. I'm all for having a shorter working week and longer weekends. However most of us have our work hours dictated by our employer and we need to work those hours to put a roof over our heads, so yes it kind of is a priority for me! If you're priveleged enough to pick and choose your work hours then you go Glen Coco, but sadly I can't clock off early because I want to do some gardening.

She just seems so out of touch now.

Reactions: 15
The problem is not that she likes having a flexible work schedule, but the fact that she doesn’t acknowledge her privilege at all and is kinda .. arrogant about it too?

Reactions: 9
She definitely is out of touch... Has she ever had a regular job while she was in university or anything?

Reactions: 3
At the start of her latest vlog, she was talking about paint colours and i noticed how she said (to audience) “you really helped clarify what I wanted” - ‘I’ wanted, rather than we wanted. I don’t know, maybe I’m being picky but it just jumped out at me as odd!

Alex was right there in the car with her, if that was me I would instinctively have said “we”.

Reactions: 6
She definitely is out of touch... Has she ever had a regular job while she was in university or anything?
I know she studied History of Art at university (I think Alex studied English or Classics/Ancient History, I'm not sure)

As for a job she worked for her mums company (I'm not sure what it was I'm assuming an office type job) after university when her and Alex were living in a detached rental property on her parents property. Idk if they paid rent or anything at the time but that was when she started YouTube and once she was able to make money from YouTube she quit her day job.

She use to have a video titled something like "I quit my job to go travel/travel the world" from about 4 years ago but I can't find it now

I know she studied History of Art at university (I think Alex studied English or Classics/Ancient History, I'm not sure)

As for a job she worked for her mums company (I'm not sure what it was I'm assuming an office type job) after university when her and Alex were living in a detached rental property on her parents property. Idk if they paid rent or anything at the time but that was when she started YouTube and once she was able to make money from YouTube she quit her day job.

She use to have a video titled something like "I quit my job to go travel/travel the world" from about 4 years ago but I can't find it now
Not sure if I am remembering this correctly but when i first started following they had planned some long term travel and she did a lot of content about preparing and how long she would be away but then ended up not staying as long as she planned?

Not sure if I am remembering this correctly but when i first started following they had planned some long term travel and she did a lot of content about preparing and how long she would be away but then ended up not staying as long as she planned?
Yeah I remember that as well. I think she wanted to be like all the other vegan youtubers and freelee wannabes at the time who went traveling all around the world, ate nothing but fruit, and did cycling/yoga retreats and stuff but it got too much for her. I also think she was suffering with distorted eating. I remember her video announcing they were coming back to the UK and she mentioned she's much more of a home body.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.