Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chasing fame has always been the #1 goal.

She’s jumped from niche group to niche group for years now, slowly building her influencer status. First she was in Durianrider’s weird cult and even went to the busted Thai Fruit Festival in Chiangmai *after* durianriders crimes against young women had been revealed. I remember her defending the decision at the time, saying he’d never actually been convicted of anything 🤯

Then she cleverly caught the attention of Mr & Mrs Vegan, they were an under the radar but highly influential vegan power couple in Los Angeles, their diet was called HSLF (High Starch Low Fat). They gave her multiple shoutouts. At that time she was doing a lot of weight loss vlogs where she would strip to crop top and shorts and examine her body in front of the camera. Then minimalism/sustainability. Now she’s a mainstream basic cottagecore influencer…. She was just chasing fame/£££ all along.

eta: mr & mrs vegans diet was WSLF (whole starch low fat) sorry, it’s been a while…

• Wow
Reactions: 15

She’s jumped from niche group to niche group for years now, slowly building her influencer status. First she was in Durianrider’s weird cult and even went to the busted Thai Fruit Festival in Chiangmai *after* durianriders crimes against young women had been revealed. I remember her defending the decision at the time, saying he’d never actually been convicted of anything 🤯

Then she cleverly caught the attention of Mr & Mrs Vegan, they were an under the radar but highly influential vegan power couple in Los Angeles, their diet was called HSLF (High Starch Low Fat). They gave her multiple shoutouts. At that time she was doing a lot of weight loss vlogs where she would strip to crop top and shorts and examine her body in front of the camera. Then minimalism/sustainability. Now she’s a mainstream basic cottagecore influencer…. She was just chasing fame/£££ all along.

eta: mr & mrs vegans diet was WSLF (whole starch low fat) sorry, it’s been a while…
Oh man! I used to be morbidly fascinated by the car crash of Freelee & DR back in the day! Last I saw Freelee was living a still slightly weird but better life with a new partner. Had no idea Mads was part of that tit! The weightloss vlogs sound fucked up.

Reactions: 6
She used to constantly beg freelee and durianrider for shoutouts, I don’t think they ever did though. And remember madeleine’s cycling obsession? Again I think that was all durianriders influence.

when Madeleine went to Chiangmai the ‘festival’ was already dead in the water, I can’t imagine how weird it would have been to want to meet up with a known abuser like durianrider every evening? The desire for fame won out I suppose.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
She's just such an odd woman. She doesn't really seem to be equipped to cope with every-day life and doesn't appear to have any curiosity or interest in anything other than online shopping. Even her veganism is just kind of meh and seems to revolve around eating fake meats and vegan junk food. Someone else above commented that she seems to just jump on whatever bandwagon is convenient and I think that's true. She definitely hates gardening - they moved into the house right at the start of spring and could have had a pretty amazing beginner garden by now but they don't appear to have done much and she seems to be really hung-up on having to do things "the right way" It's a garden FFS!. Get your hands dirty and get stuck in and figure it out as you go. Nobody cares if you make mistakes! I think the garden is just an accessory for her to post lame instagram pictures of her fugly clothing. And goddamn it I swear I will cut her hands off if she doesn't stop touching her hair every 5 seconds! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 14

That is so interesting. She seems to have jumped on a lot of bandwagons, including the no underwear one, the giving up alcohol one, the no shampoo/homemade cosmetics one, sustainability, frugality, minimalism and veganism, the only one that has stuck is veganism. I wonder who the real Maddie is?
I do love how much she cares for and is invested, in her animals. Roxie and the cats are lovely.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone noticed she’s starting to constantly dress like a 60 year old Grandma? the long unflattering skirts, frumpy cardigans and baggy tops? I don’t understand it, she doesn’t even seem to own a well fitting bra? It’s very odd considering she’s so young

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has anyone noticed she’s starting to constantly dress like a 60 year old Grandma? the long unflattering skirts, frumpy cardigans and baggy tops? I don’t understand it, she doesn’t even seem to own a well fitting bra? It’s very odd considering she’s so young
Lmao, that's how I dress XD I genuinely think it's just a choice. A weird choice, yes, but a choice.

Reactions: 3
I think she thinks she's Kirsty Allsop or something. Fat middle aged posh lady wafting around her country pile doing the odd crafty, eco thing while still being a massive capitalist consumer.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her dress sense is abysmal and I say that as a 40 something with zero fashion sense 😂

Reactions: 5
I remember her doing a video years ago where she said she didn't wear bras (same as Blue Ollis) I guess she's changed her mind - and accepted sponsorship and PR gifts

Reactions: 3
Any day now I am expecting her to do a u-turn on the hating gardening thing and trying to rebrand herself as a 'homesteading' channel, because that's what all the cool youtuber kids are doing these days :LOL:. From there the exit from veganism will start with "just a few chickens" because it always starts with chickens and eggs. Or eggs and chickens. Next thing you know it will be lovely bacon from their own lovely pigs, and lovely roast lamb from the lovely farmer next door, and lovely milk and cheese from the lovely farm shop down the lane. Alex will probably be relieved he no longer has to snarf down sausage rolls and burgers in secret whenever he goes somewhere without Madeleine. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Screenshot_20210626-123404_YouTube.jpg

Ah yes a midweek pick me up of watching someone swanning around their new house spending money like its going out of fashion. Does anyone actually pour a glass of wine to watch a vlog of someone gardening or doing a budget food shop!? I just watch on double speed while I'm doing the washing up.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
View attachment 635629

Ah yes a midweek pick me up of watching someone swanning around their new house spending money like its going out of fashion. Does anyone actually pour a glass of wine to watch a vlog of someone gardening or doing a budget food shop!? I just watch on double speed while I'm doing the washing up.
Ha ha I'm also a double speed watcher if any video is longer than ten mins 😂 Also whilst washing up.

Reactions: 4
There you go then. New intro. She definitely wants to rebrand as a (Georgian) house and home influencer.

I think the person who suggested chickens is bang on.

It’s weird she’s chosen to post on a Sunday when she has weekends offline. Doesn’t it make sense to maximise communication with your followers by being around at the time that the content goes live?

She keeps saying that they have "finally" started renovations after four months. Is it just me or...is that not a long time? Like, at all?

My husband and I bought our house a little under two months ago and we haven't done anything yet! There's plenty of stuff I'd love to do, sure, but I'm wary of going all in all at once. And it's not like her kitchen was in a terrible state or anything - didn't she say that was her favourite part of the house? What's the rush? But then again, I'm not an influencer living in a Georgian house so what do I know. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I cannot believe she got a whole "renovation" video out of sanding half the beams in the kitchen :-/. She also prefers the look of new wood versus old/aged wood. Maybe a modern house would have been more suitable for her need for everything new in her house.

You cannot buy a new/modern Georgian house. And if she did, her personality would be lost. Georgian FTW! :D Also, did I say Georgian?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She literally just repeats the same thing over and over again. I felt like I was hearing a 15 minute monologue about the bloody beams, along with the same shots of the sanded beams over and over again. Does she not notice how much she repeats the same things over again when she edits?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.