Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being an influencer and people finding my house online would really creep me out. I don't think any of you are doing it in a creepy way at all but who knows who is lurking. Makes the house bragging even less worth it.
Yes, you’re quite right. I personally have no intentions to go down to Cornwall (although I’m desperate to go to Falmouth) and gawp at her house (or worse) but you can never be sure who actually would, I just wanted to to look at the pictures because I’m house nosey. Just a lot of people knowing where I live would absolutely terrify me, I hope their security is good.

Reactions: 9
Yes, you’re quite right. I personally have no intentions to go down to Cornwall (although I’m desperate to go to Falmouth) and gawp at her house (or worse) but you can never be sure who actually would, I just wanted to to look at the pictures because I’m house nosey. Just a lot of people knowing where I live would absolutely terrify me, I hope their security is good.
I didn't actually watch her house tour so I just wanted to see the pictures 🤷

Reactions: 5
I didn't actually watch her house tour so I just wanted to see the pictures 🤷
Same and it’s the same for everyone who posts in this thread but these influencers need to be careful with how much they show.

Reactions: 4
Oh gosh absolutely but they have to bare that in mind when sharing so much of their lives publically. Hopefully they're careful with their safety.

Reactions: 1
It’s weird isn’t it because she and any other influencer would be fuming that we’ve gone out of our way to find it from a gossip forum, and on one hand I think they’re well within their rights to that privacy but on the other, they’ve invited this interest in their lives and they’re paid handsomely for it.

I’m not sorry for nosing but as said upthread I’m not about to turn up in person.

Reactions: 9
At first, I found it a bit uncomfortable people being directed to how to find her house, not because I think any of you are about to turn up but because it makes it known online where her house is for anyone to find - even non members of Tattle. But at the same time, it has been possible for people here to find it based on the information she has given online, as she's so keen to brag about the house for content, so the blame really lies with her if she does face any security problems, which I really hope doesn't happen as that would scare me so much if it were me!
*Edit to add that saying the blame lies with her isn't really what I mean as of course no one should be turning up at her house anyway, but I hope you know what I mean!

I think it's really interesting how much of their lives influencers are willing to compromise on for content, likes, followers and ad deals. Most find social media really bad for their mental health yet they still carry on, and then potentially compromise their safety by sharing their location and all their expensive belongings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
At first, I found it a bit uncomfortable people being directed to how to find her house, not because I think any of you are about to turn up but because it makes it known online where her house is for anyone to find - even non members of Tattle. But at the same time, it has been possible for people here to find it based on the information she has given online, as she's so keen to brag about the house for content, so the blame really lies with her if she does face any security problems, which I really hope doesn't happen as that would scare me so much if it were me!
*Edit to add that saying the blame lies with her isn't really what I mean as of course no one should be turning up at her house anyway, but I hope you know what I mean!

I think it's really interesting how much of their lives influencers are willing to compromise on for content, likes, followers and ad deals. Most find social media really bad for their mental health yet they still carry on, and then potentially compromise their safety by sharing their location and all their expensive belongings.
I totally agree with you. I would be mortified if I had people googling up where I lived and finding it, but at the same time, I'd never be stupid enough to invite people on the internet into and all around my house.

There are much bigger influencers with bigger homes who I have no interest in finding out where they live or would even know where to start looking even if I wanted to because all they talk about is their city and that's it. They don't discuss what they live nearby or show what their house looks like outside the room they film in.

If you make a big deal about securing your dream home and show every inch of it which, sorry, is a burglar's dream and such a stupid thing to do (Eleanor the true-crime youtuber did it recently), people are going to be nosey and have a look. You can't stop people looking up public records, all you can do it protect yourself by not giving away details

Reactions: 10
And today's riveting content.....how to make a smoothie :sleep:. How many times did she manage to brag about her vitamix blender?

Reactions: 6
And today's riveting content.....how to make a smoothie :sleep:. How many times did she manage to brag about her vitamix blender?
And it was so condescending to her audience going on about how they might have a crappy blender or a cheap blender.

Reactions: 5
God that house is ridiculous. The living room is TINY. I can see why she wasn't keen at first and was desperate for 2 reception rooms.

It will be interesting to see how they extend it and still retain the look and character.

Reactions: 4
I'd understand if they had a growing family, but there's only two of them. Why not just buy a bigger house instead of extending straight away?

Reactions: 3
This girl just finds anything to brag about. How about just simply, starting our vegetable garden? Next she'll be describing rooms by their size rather than function.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
This girl just finds anything to brag about. How about just simply, starting our vegetable garden? Next she'll be describing rooms by their size rather than function.
Ugh. So very pleased with herself isn’t she?

Reactions: 7
We should be grateful that it isn't called 'Digging 16 beds in the garden of our Georgian house'

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sorry to double post.

I went to watch the new video and only got a minute in.

Since they moved house, pretty much all of her videos start with slow classical/ piano music and slower nature montages. The videos used to be more straight to the point and a lot less lingering nature shots and not all plinky plonky music in the intros.

Does that make sense, or am I projecting!? It feels like it's all a part of this new 'look at me slow living in my mansion' perfect lifestyle persona that she's pushing.

Reactions: 12
Sorry to double post.

Since they moved house, pretty much all of her videos start with slow classical/ piano music and slower nature montages. The videos used to be more straight to the point and a lot less lingering nature shots and not all plinky plonky music in the intros.

Does that make sense, or am I projecting!? It feels like it's all a part of this new 'look at me slow living in my mansion' perfect lifestyle persona that she's pushing.
I noticed a lot of American influencers doing a “what you can expect from this flog” type of intro and i find it irritating. Just get to the point. I’m not even wasting my time with this flog of hers. I don’t need someone with a huge garden bemoaning all the work they’ll need to do.

Reactions: 12
We should be grateful that it isn't called 'Digging 16 beds in the garden of our Georgian house'
I was just thinking that!

Some more ideas: :

"Tips on buying a Georgian house".
"Why we didn't buy a listed Georgian house"
"Is buying a listed Georgian house ever worth it?"
"Starting an organic free range chicken farm at our Georgian house"
"How our organic free range chicken farm at our Georgian house is going"
"Foxes and our Georgian house "
"Painting our Georgian house with Farrow & Ball "
"First Christmas in our Georgian house"
"Georgian house library tour"
"We're becoming a family of three in our Georgian house"
"Painting a nursery in our Georgian house"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sorry to double post.

You're totally right

I'm so put off by influencers who try to push this like earth mother, nature loving cottage core image when they're jobs are literally to advertise brands and products that no one really needs. Maddie included. They're all contributing to consumerism en masse

• Heart
Reactions: 24
You're totally right

I'm so put off by influencers who try to push this like earth mother, nature loving cottage core image when they're jobs are literally to advertise brands and products that no one really needs. Maddie included. They're all contributing to consumerism en masse
Thank you, I think you've hit the nail on the head as to why it bothers me!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.