Madeleine Olivia #4 She puts the AD in Madeleine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question, has she decluttered anything? From the limited clips I've seen she's just organising her obscene amount of belongings and has been talking about buying more.

Edit: watched some of the latest video and she's spent £60 ON MORE SPICES since the last video. Wtf?
And a bunch of new jars (she recommends getting them on Amazon!), because she hasnt had time to collect enough jars... Umm, no M you just prefer aesthetics and control over thrift, sustainability and practicality. Also love this quote "Get yourself a label maker!" Because paper and maybe some tape or glue is so much less cool. Insufferable I tell ya

Reactions: 9
And a bunch of new jars (she recommends getting them on Amazon!), because she hasnt had time to collect enough jars... Umm, no M you just prefer aesthetics and control over thrift, sustainability and practicality. Also love this quote "Get yourself a label maker!" Because paper and maybe some tape or glue is so much less cool. Insufferable I tell ya
Of course, IMO it's all a facade with Mads. The sustainability thing is an aesthetic she'd like us to believe. I personally don't believe it. It's a nonsense. Ngl I prefer the aesthetic of jars that match but I also prefer jars which seal well to keep food stuffs fresh for longer. Indeed there's a sustainability in that in itself. The thing is I'm honest with myself & others. I think I'm like a lot of people in that I'm not faultless when it comes to sustainability but then again neither am I reckless with the world's resources either. The difference is between me & Mads (and I suspect most people here on tattle) is I don't pretend to be what I'm not for appearances sake. I would prefer greater honesty from influences than a lot of them seem to possess. I think many actually start out with positive intentions but the lure of money changes them. I see Mads as such an influencer. I wonder if her changed (and in my view now incredibly greedy & grasping) personality is a reason her & whats-his-name (you know her hubby) seems less united. Maybe the (alleged) greediness & grasping they both now have actually doesn't appeal to the other even though it seems a feature in the other?

Reactions: 5
And the thing is with jars and all that stuff - you can get the aesthetic that you want but it's a lot of time and effort that will go into collecting the types of things you want second hand, from friends and family, from the recycling bins even.

I asked loads of my friends and neighbours if they'd collect a specific type of jar for me if they ever happen to throw one out. But as with everything else, it's too much effort for her and she'd rather spend thousands to get the look right now rather than wait a few months.

Look at Immy / SustainablyVegan - she's definitely got a specific aesthetic she goes for, but I believe her when she says it's all second hand and very rarely new if she can't find anything anywhere.

Reactions: 7
The nearest I've got to that aesthetic is buying bamboo lids for those glass gu pud ramekin type pots. I have a mix of old jam jars, plastic lock it tubs and takeaway containers for my food storage. Nothing for 'the gram' here....

Reactions: 4
Her allowing the dog immediately back on the furniture after spending time and money cleaning them is such a show of excess. I had every intention of allowing my dog on the sofa with me until the day I brought her home and I realised she was 1. ENORMOUS and 2. completely the wrong colour. I’ve got 3 years left to pay for the sofa and I don’t want to wear out something that was a considered purchase that I need to last. I won’t just be gifted another sofa next year.

I’m aware this might be an unpopular take and no judgement to anyone else who does allow their animals on the furniture, you probably all paid for yours 😂

I love my Bissell and I've never had that issue. Maybe she's not cleaned the sofa thoroughly enough or not got rid of enough water, it's not meant to be soaked through #notanAD

I love my Bissell and I've never had that issue. Maybe she's not cleaned the sofa thoroughly enough or not got rid of enough water, it's not meant to be soaked through #notanAD
Was just about to say the same, I watched enough youtube car detailing vids (don't judge me 😂) to see she hasn't done a good job

• Haha
Was just about to say the same, I watched enough youtube car detailing vids (don't judge me 😂) to see she hasn't done a good job
The more I look at it the more I don't understand why her sofa is properly drenched.... if she's really using the Bissell upholstery cleaner it sucks up most of the water. No wonder she's getting tide marks if she's somehow using it incorrectly.

Reactions: 3
The nearest I've got to that aesthetic is buying bamboo lids for those glass gu pud ramekin type pots. I have a mix of old jam jars, plastic lock it tubs and takeaway containers for my food storage. Nothing for 'the gram' here....
My storage jars are old Aldi coffee jars. All matching, all in a cupboard, perfectly recycled 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She keeps an espresso maker inside the cupboard and uses it in there, generating moisture. That's at least one reason the doors warped. She's ridiculous
Also aren't they near a fireplace? The heat would warp them too

Reactions: 1
Also aren't they near a fireplace? The heat would warp them too
To my knowledge, MDF warps with moisture and heat. So she was super smart to put so much of it next to a roaring fire in a kitchen where steam from cooking will be floating around, let alone putting moisture-creating appliances inside of it.

There are ways you can make them a bit more resilient, like putting wallpaper paste on them to create more of a barrier or using bathroom paint instead of kitchen paint, but a) that wouldn’t be as aesthetic for Lady Maddie, and b) for a YouTuber who makes most of her money off of ‘renovation’ content, she seems to be allergic to putting any effort in at all and just complains like a child when it obviously goes wrong afterwards.

Reactions: 7
To my knowledge, MDF warps with moisture and heat. So she was super smart to put so much of it next to a roaring fire in a kitchen where steam from cooking will be floating around, let alone putting moisture-creating appliances inside of it.

There are ways you can make them a bit more resilient, like putting wallpaper paste on them to create more of a barrier or using bathroom paint instead of kitchen paint, but a) that wouldn’t be as aesthetic for Lady Maddie, and b) for a YouTuber who makes most of her money off of ‘renovation’ content, she seems to be allergic to putting any effort in at all and just complains like a child when it obviously goes wrong afterwards.
German word of the day for what AD-dy is doing: verschlimmbessern

• Haha
do we think she chose the cheap option when it came to renovating? it would explain why she got so much done all at once instead of waiting. it's not like she's short on money clearly but there are limits I imagine and I get the feeling she wants to pay less and yet expects high quality results.

Reactions: 1
do we think she chose the cheap option when it came to renovating? it would explain why she got so much done all at once instead of waiting. it's not like she's short on money clearly but there are limits I imagine and I get the feeling she wants to pay less and yet expects high quality results.
Exactly. I think the reason most of her tradespeople aren’t talked about glowingly by her is because she’s expecting them to do a perfect job whilst trying to pay them the minimum amount she can, and why she’s getting ghosted a lot too. Obviously we all like a bargain, but there’s a line between negotiation and a slap in the face to someone’s trade.

She definitely expects perfection on a shoestring budget, but she obviously never learned the well-known upper middle class adage, ‘buy cheap, buy twice’.

Reactions: 3
I bet her carpenter warned her and she ignored them. Must be so frustrating knowing it was going to come back against you. Didn’t she do that work just before the cost of materials shot up?

Reactions: 2
I bet her carpenter warned her and she ignored them. Must be so frustrating knowing it was going to come back against you. Didn’t she do that work just before the cost of materials shot up?
I think there was a lumber shortage at the time so she used that as the excuse to use MDF because she NEEDED that extra storage space SO BADLY (something every sustainable minimalist says, obviously!)

What she should’ve done was either wait like a normal person or do ten seconds of research before ploughing ahead at full speed as usual and ending up regretting it.

Reactions: 6
Isn’t Alex’s ‘brown’ lunch battered cauliflower? On his birthday as well, poor lad.
I had to read this twice. I must be tired as I thought you meant Alex is a battered brown cauliflower (figuratively I imagined). You didn't, however, say that.

• Haha