Madeleine Olivia #4 She puts the AD in Madeleine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand how one can be so incredibly boring and waffle on so much and think it's all fascinating. My life is boring and I waffle a lot to myself but omg I know I'm boring (and I'm fine with that!) so I would never film myself lol. She's so uninteresting. She should just stick to food and recipe videos because I think that's her strongest point. She could even do some vlogstyle food content, that's enjoyable as well but her regular vlogs are wow so boring.
I am actually a big fan of long form content, I finished a 4.5 hour (!) deep dive today and I also frequently watch week vlogs that are an hour long because these creators make it fun. They, too, don't have exciting days but just don't waffle on so much, somehow they just go through their day like every other person yet they are still fun to watch but Maddie is not one of these people!!
The same here! I stopped half way through the vlog because I was like why am I listening to someone talking about needing to pee and not going BUHCOZ they are focused on work....it's so embarrassing..imagine you'd put out such nonsense word vomit and proudly claim this is your job....omg

Reactions: 6
The same here! I stopped half way through the vlog because I was like why am I listening to someone talking about needing to pee and not going BUHCOZ they are focused on work....it's so embarrassing..imagine you'd put out such nonsense word vomit and proudly claim this is your job....omg
Yeah I couldn't watch it either. It's embarrassing to say the least. It's also really not interesting and not something people want to see. I'm totally fine with creators filming themselves doing laundry and just chatting for a bit but they usually do it for like 5 minutes max and only when they have something to say. I quite enjoy just some slow living content as well because it's relaxing and calming. But you should only add it to the video what it adds something of value, Maddie is not good at editing herself. She thinks everything that comes out of her mouth is of utmost importance! It is not!!! Edit yourself! Please. It's boring and embarrassing lol.

Reactions: 5
I don't understand how one can be so incredibly boring and waffle on so much and think it's all fascinating. My life is boring and I waffle a lot to myself but omg I know I'm boring (and I'm fine with that!) so I would never film myself lol. She's so uninteresting. She should just stick to food and recipe videos because I think that's her strongest point. She could even do some vlogstyle food content, that's enjoyable as well but her regular vlogs are wow so boring.
I am actually a big fan of long form content, I finished a 4.5 hour (!) deep dive today and I also frequently watch week vlogs that are an hour long because these creators make it fun. They, too, don't have exciting days but just don't waffle on so much, somehow they just go through their day like every other person yet they are still fun to watch but Maddie is not one of these people!!
Would love to know who else you watch as I too love the long form weekly type / slow living vlogs but agree M is becoming so boring to watch! Please do share any reccs you have πŸ™

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Would love to know who else you watch as I too love the long form weekly type / slow living vlogs but agree M is becoming so boring to watch! Please do share any reccs you have πŸ™
What in particular are you looking for? What do you find comforting the most and what are your interests? More food content or other things as well? If so what do you want to see? And do they have to be plant-based/vegan? Or does it not matter much to you? Based on a bit more information I can see what would suit you best and give recommendations based on that? I already shared one here before, I think it's a few pages earlier! πŸ’œ

What in particular are you looking for? What do you find comforting the most and what are your interests? More food content or other things as well? If so what do you want to see? And do they have to be plant-based/vegan? Or does it not matter much to you? Based on a bit more information I can see what would suit you best and give recommendations based on that? I already shared one here before, I think it's a few pages earlier! πŸ’œ
Ah thank you! That's so kind! I like daily or weekly vlogs - a glimpse into others' lives in UK I'd say, also anything re slow living / minimalist lifestyle and some cooking would be great so anything really!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I know it's an ad for some protein powder, but I can't help feeling her 'what I eat in a day' video on insta is so toxic. There is no way this grown woman lives off veg, tofu and a handful of pasta all day with zero treats or snacks. I can laugh at the bs, but someone more vulnerable might actually take this stuff seriously.

Yeah, totally ...I was offered her pre wedding vid -how she changed her life before the wedding or something like that. She was half the size, I could believe my eyes...

Reactions: 3
I genuinely dislike about 95% of her dresses, why does she dress so matronly...?

Reactions: 7
I know it's an ad for some protein powder, but I can't help feeling her 'what I eat in a day' video on insta is so toxic. There is no way this grown woman lives off veg, tofu and a handful of pasta all day with zero treats or snacks. I can laugh at the bs, but someone more vulnerable might actually take this stuff seriously.
Yeah, totally ...I was offered her pre wedding vid -how she changed her life before the wedding or something like that. She was half the size, I could believe my eyes...
nothing wrong with putting weight on but she should be honest about it. 'what I eat in a day' videos always seem so toxic to me. I don't think a single purpose who has done one is being honest.

Reactions: 6
I feel she used to be more honest about what she ate, years ago I remember a video in the old house where she basically lounged about all day eating (vegan) cheese and crackers and had a massive biscuit jar πŸ˜…
Not saying this is healthy, but it's a lot more realistic and relatable! I also noticed how she conveniently emitted alcohol from her video when it's obvious she likes a drink!
---
I don't believe it either ..

she must be a size 16
Exactly, and the 'diet' she is portraying (a few mushrooms and bit of cucumber) does not add up!

Who wants an hour and fifteen minutes of watching her trying on her excessive amount of clothes and gazing at herself lovingly? I watched the start before realising it's an IPL AD! The 'dress' she was trying on shows a lot of skin because it's literally a shirt.....
---
Just watched a bit more and she's using her cooking videos as an excuse for why she owns so many clothes! She isn't an everyday person apparently.

I watch other content creators who wear the same things over and over and their videos still look 'lovely'. We love an outfit repeater, practice what you preach.

Screenshot_20240418_145722_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240418_145727_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Who wants an hour and fifteen minutes of watching her trying on her excessive amount of clothes and gazing at herself lovingly? I watched the start before realising it's an IPL AD! The 'dress' she was trying on shows a lot of skin because it's literally a shirt.....
---
Just watched a bit more and she's using her cooking videos as an excuse for why she owns so many clothes! She isn't an everyday person apparently.

I watch other content creators who wear the same things over and over and their videos still look 'lovely'. We love an outfit repeater, practice what you preach.

View attachment 2883177

View attachment 2883176
God forbid! Not an everyday person! The way she actually sees herself as someone elevated from the rest of the population is embarrassing.

She's literally gone from an interesting ethical young woman to a Tory supporting 50 year old head of the PTA 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
maddie has so many clothes! she talks about doing these videos to encourage her to rewear the clothes she already has and declutter things..... but she literally has hundreds of items of clothing and many of them don't fit her anymore.

her excuse is "it's her job" so she needs "lots of different outfits" but that's not true? surely rewearing clothes in videos would encourage her followers to do the same? instead she's essentially encouraging them to wear something new all the time.

she also talks weird, does she have invisalign? and why is she so out of breath?

lol just got to the part of the video where she says "this is from when I was size 10... so 1 or 2 sizes smaller than I am now."

she is at least 3 sizes larger. there's no way she's a 12 or 14. she's definitely closer to an 18 especially since she's tall.

I get having body issues and I sympathise. but just don't do videos like this then? no doubt she'll watch it back and feel awful.

I took a look at the WIEAD IG you guys were talking about and it seems fine to me?

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 17-07-29 Madeleine Olivia (@madeleineolivia) β€’ Instagram photos and v...png

I honestly can't do the math but it seems like enough calories to me? She fries in oil, uses seeds, pesto, sesame oil, flaxmeal, pasta pesto. It may not sound like a lot but some things just add up rather quickly in terms of calories.

Of course I have no idea if this is really what she ate that day, maybe she did maybe she didn't. I think it's best to take WIEIAD videos with a grain of salt and rather use them as inspiration more than anything else. To give you some ideas and just relax for a bit. A lot of influencers film their WIEIAD videos within 1~2 hours lol. They just film themselves making a bunch of food and pretend they filmed themselves all day when in reality they just made it all in a short period of time and then edit it and upload it. Also they usually only want to show their "best" days and they want to pretend they eat super well, balanced and healthy all the time - which is often not true and not realistic.
Most influencers don't want to film themselves when they have an off day where just eat crisps and cookies all day and drink a lot of wine if they have those days.
That's why it's important not to compare yourself to these people and just laugh about it a bit and take it with a grain of salt.
She obviously doesn't always eat like this.

Maddie hasn't been honest about her food videos for a very very long time. The budget videos as well. They lie so much when you look carefully. Sometimes they forget to hide stuff and it's pretty clear they've been eating certain things or spreads. Or when she says it's a budget video but she still drinks super expensive coffee, takes her expensive protein powders etc. but she doesn't calculate that and pretends it's all free. Yeah for her probably but it isn't to us? If you add those costs you really aren't eating for 15 pounds per week are you? She should just be honest about it. Budget videos can STILL be helpul to a lot of people and I think it's fine if she continues doing them, but she has to be honest about it upfront.

Reactions: 3