Madeleine Olivia #4 She puts the AD in Madeleine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she drinking a lot of alcohol again?
She said she overindulged over CHRISTMAS and that she (and Alex) "always" do dry January EXCEPT for her birthday (of course). No judgement; I'm sensitive to ppl abusing alcohol and she seems to talk an awful lot about overindulging and maybe quitting for good... again. Poor gal seems prone to addictive behaviors with shopping, filling house to the brim while formerly being a "minimalist," etc.

Reactions: 6
What’s the point spending £100s on Sanderson fabric, paying to have it made into curtains but then not bothering to have it lined? So it doesn’t block out the light and the wildly expensive fabric will fade.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What’s the point spending £100s on Sanderson fabric, paying to have it made into curtains but then not bothering to have it lined? So it doesn’t block out the light and the wildly expensive fabric will fade.
You know she's an absolute bellend, right? To the extent that she doesn't even consider lenghtening the bottom of curtains she deems too short with another fabric. According to Faffeleine, it's straight to the bin followed by purchasing yet another pair of curtains that she'd have to find a seamstress for (at this rate, I believe everyone in Cornwall is avoiding her like the plague).

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I bet she has a bad rep amongst shop owners and businesses in town 😆

Reactions: 6
She eats a plantbased diet, she doesn’t live a vegan lifestyle. It’s not that difficult to get your head around Mads.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She eats a plantbased diet, she doesn’t live a vegan lifestyle. It’s not that difficult to get your head around Mads.
IMO she is neither sustainable, minimalist nor wholly vegan. IMO she is very defensive & it makes me wonder why?

Reactions: 13
And the latest video is sponsored by Betterhelp, an extremely unethical and downright harmful company.
She also made a comment on skincare brand Origins re selling in China which confused people as she didn't explain.
Last, she let viewers know that she is frugal. Wowwwww
And srsly... going on tiktok to complain about comments on your youtube video?!?!?

And the latest video is sponsored by Betterhelp, an extremely unethical and downright harmful company.
She also made a comment on skincare brand Origins re selling in China which confused people as she didn't explain.
Last, she let viewers know that she is frugal. Wowwwww
And srsly... going on tiktok to complain about comments on your youtube video?!?!?
Frugal??? I didn't see this but did she really say she is frugal??? OMG...I'm gobsmacked. How can anyone with so much stuff, who has endless expensive hair, skin & beauty products, has expensive taste in things, buys a Christmas dress even though she already has one, has the same shoes in several colourways, has two sitting rooms, a large house just for two people, had what looks like a super expensive wedding (albeit, tbf,it looked beautiful) with a lot of guests, has expensive clothes (I looked up the price of the green Christmas dress), has a large expensive patio set-up, buys expensive food stuffs from deli type shops, has her nails & hair done several times a year at least, eats out on a number of ocassions over the course of a year, has a gym membership in spite of having gym equipment at home & has four sofas (recently buying a fairly expensive new to her one even though she has others) be considered frugal? I wonder if she actually believes this? Her videos provide, at least IMO, a lot of evidence to the contrary. Great she has all this if that is what she wants and can afford it but IMO she is no more frugal than she is wholly vegan, sustainable or minimal. To me, as with a number of 'influences' it feels a case of peeing on my leg and telling me that it's raining.

• Heart
  • Wow
100% agree! The frugal comment ("I am frugal") was during a bathroom "declutter" of her hoards of skincare, haircare, etc products - which she says are mostly gifted as PR. She seems to have had no thought of donating excess / unused products to women less fortunate or in domestic violence shelters etc. She seems to only be generous with herself.

Reactions: 5
I think you're right but I suppose you can eat Vegan but not be Vegan?? Is that true...anyone know?
There's the term Ethical Vegan where you don't have possessions that contain animal products like no leather shoes, handbags, furniture etc. and then there's the general vegan which is more your plant based eating etc.

Reactions: 2
I think you're right but I suppose you can eat Vegan but not be Vegan?? Is that true...anyone know?
vegan is "the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products" while plant based is the diet. veganism is an ethical stance against the use of animals.

the confusion is because vegan has become synonymous with anyone who has a plant-based diet (stops eating meat, dairy, eggs, fish, etc. etc.) but doesn't necessarily stop buying leather, wool, silk, etc. vegan shouldn't be used just to refer to diet in this way. it is though and that's why everyone gets confused.

There's the term Ethical Vegan where you don't have possessions that contain animal products like no leather shoes, handbags, furniture etc. and then there's the general vegan which is more your plant based eating etc.
this is inccorrect. vegan is ALWAYS an ethical stance. all vegans are "ethical vegans" because it's a lifestyle not a diet.

if someone just doesn't eat animals, that's called having a plant-based diet

Reactions: 8
vegan is "the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products" while plant based is the diet. veganism is an ethical stance against the use of animals.

the confusion is because vegan has become synonymous with anyone who has a plant-based diet (stops eating meat, dairy, eggs, fish, etc. etc.) but doesn't necessarily stop buying leather, wool, silk, etc. vegan shouldn't be used just to refer to diet in this way. it is though and that's why everyone gets confused.

this is inccorrect. vegan is ALWAYS an ethical stance. all vegans are "ethical vegans" because it's a lifestyle not a diet.

if someone just doesn't eat animals, that's called having a plant-based diet
Thank you both. That has made it so clear. So would Madeleine be considered to be Vegan or eat plant based?

Reactions: 2
M had a video out last year called something like "Why i am no longer vegan..." but now she keeps saying her channel is "literally vegan."
---
Also I don't know what most vegans do regarding what to feed their pets, but M does support "factory farming" by feeding her dog meat-based dog food...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yes, she did have a video talking about how she didn't want to use the vegan label anymore. She's basically gaslighting her followers now, although I'm surprised she still has any. I can't even sit through one of her videos anymore.

Reactions: 11