Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IMG_731422C4B9DE-1.jpeg

It's genuinely laughable at this point. You can't post about multiple sofa/armchair purchases on your home account and then this on your main? Also, I remember that you could interact directly with her up until some months ago, but now her Stories interaction are off. I wonder if she got tired of people reacting "badly" to her stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 888861

It's genuinely laughable at this point. You can't post about multiple sofa/armchair purchases on your home account and then this on your main? Also, I remember that you could interact directly with her up until some months ago, but now her Stories interaction are off. I wonder if she got tired of people reacting "badly" to her stuff.
I saw this a laughed the disconnect is real!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
View attachment 888861

Let's be honest, none of us really know what her values are any more and she's been so cagey about them changing, maybe she isn't sure either. If she's had a lot of backlash then surely posting something like this would just provoke more of a response as well.

Reactions: 8
I wonder what Alex really thinks of her. If my other half had done a complete 180 on their values I’d lose a bit of respect for them and maybe re-evaluate our relationship. I think he goes along with a lot of stuff but he must be wondering what’s going on or has he been brainwashed by her green washing? He does look bemused a lot of the time.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Posts about not buying on Black Friday then 2 stories later BuY my stuff on Black Friday. Does she even use any of her minimal beauty things she used to make before

• Wow
Reactions: 14
View attachment 888861

I mean she's been consuming like crazy for the other 364 days of the year, what difference would it make anyway?! 🤣
Obvs black Friday sales don't count if you buy on the Thursday...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wonder what Alex really thinks of her. If my other half had done a complete 180 on their values I’d lose a bit of respect for them and maybe re-evaluate our relationship. I think he goes along with a lot of stuff but he must be wondering what’s going on or has he been brainwashed by her green washing? He does look bemused a lot of the time.
Brainwashed by the money like she is probably. She’s bank rolling three salaries, pretty big ones judging by their current spending. Not gonna lie if it was my boyfriend I’d probably let him go for it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In my opinion, her design choices for her house are becoming very conservative, dated and middle class. Some of the fabrics she has been choosing are very safe and middle of the road. Not what I would expect from who she is on paper.

Reactions: 7
In my opinion, her design choices for her house are becoming very conservative, dated and middle class. Some of the fabrics she has been choosing are very safe and middle of the road. Not what I would expect from who she is on paper.
Yes I hated every option she shared for the curtains. And those chairs she bought were bad too.

I can understand someone choosing things like that if they're planning to sell on and they need to appeal to the masses, but it's meant to be their forever home. With the amount of free crap they get they can afford to live a little and take some risks.

Reactions: 2
Bets on the reason for no video today?
I'm guessing the big affiliate money is ads and sponsorship during VLOGmas. Pound to a penny you won't hear a peep out of her till Dec 1st, then we'll be treated to endless 'gift guides' and 'Christmas porridge recipes' 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
every time maddie posts a photograph of their kitchen it looks really dark.

isn't vlogmas meant to be spontaneous day-by-day rather than all filmed and scheduled content?

Reactions: 6
The thing I find with so many influencers, is that they start off unknown and usually with a normal income, then over the years gain a lot of success and a hell of a lot of money...which is fine!!! The issue for me as a viewers, is when they don't acknowledge the change, as though we are still in the same stage of life. I feel like I'm being treated as an idiot, you are no longer relateable, please don't pretend you are. I think if more influencers just owned fact that theur values / life style has changed then viewers wouldn't find it as insulting. With maddie, she's clearly got a taste for interiors and decor and has a vision, no problem, just don't pretend you are a minimalist.

Reactions: 10
every time maddie posts a photograph of their kitchen it looks really dark.

isn't vlogmas meant to be spontaneous day-by-day rather than all filmed and scheduled content?
That's what I thought... I mean it's called VLOGmas! Like days in the life of the YouTuber getting ready for Christmas. Sorry Maddie, but I think most viewers find pre-recorded content really boring (I know I do!)
However she seems to hate vlogging outside her home, so I guess 24 days of looking at her kitchen might wear thin!
I might be wrong, but I think she's basically sold her vlogmas off to the highest sponsorship bidders, with the obligatory 'buying a Christmas tree' video thrown in for good measure.

Reactions: 5
Jfc.. after 43 minutes of her going back over every renovation detail (i fast forwarded as she’s shown it all before)… ‘stay tuned for the tour!’

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Jfc.. after 43 minutes of her going back over every renovation detail (i fast forwarded as she’s shown it all before)… ‘stay tuned for the tour!’
Am I right in thinking this is 50 minutes of rehashed footage from the past year? If so I think I'll pass on this one.

Reactions: 6
She didn’t lie, the new cupboards are making a huge difference 😂

before
11B303A7-3FCF-4298-BCD8-61DAFC0F3521.png

After
21E44F0E-99FA-45BF-A7A8-EC1286C2FB2D.png

i thought maybe it’s because she filmed on a rainy day, but clearly it’s very sunny outside if you look at the kitchen table

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.