Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we just need to accept tattle for what it is. It's mostly people calling out creators about their BS, but sometimes it ends up in things like infighting about (inexplicably on another thread) dogshit. I just laugh at that stuff and move on with my day.

I think Maddie's trying to get more into Cottagecore content now, but I don't think that's really suited to who she is. I'd be really interested in tending an indoor herb garden, but I don't think she'll feature it in videos unless it's an ad.

Does anyone have one of those boiling water taps? I look at the ads and I'm always terrified of someone scalding themselves.
We had one at work and it was brilliant! Honestly I’d have one if I had the money. And owned a house 😂

Reactions: 4
I thought it was a solid video for the first 16 minutes. I loved the music and vibe of the beginning. It reminded me of Jane Austen and Fairyland Cottage. I also think the plantable calendar fits perfectly with her brand, so I don't get the criticism there. Also, some of you must be incredible gardeners to find fault with a fairly young person learning how to garden. I think she could have cut it off after around the 16 minute mark though.

It wasn't really sneaky She marked it "AD".

I came to this thread as a slightly disillusioned fan, and I know there are some people who want to discuss that, but are there posters who just just like to be nasty?
Hi Maddie's friend/family member 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't understand what friends/family of influencers think is going to happen when they come to forums like this to try to put a positive spin on their friend's crappy behaviour. Do they think everyone here is going to say, "oh yeah you've got a good point. I've totally changed my opinion and won't post here anymore"?

I've been watching Maddie's videos since she has single digit subscribers. Under 100. I've seen her channel evolve and change. All the different interests she's had and videos topics she's covered. I was watching when she was cycling every day and just got into minimalism. I watched her go to Thailand, get into zero waste, move to Cornwall, declutter over and over, and start renovating her house. I saw her attitude and positivity decline. She started doing things that aren't sustainable or vegan. I witnessed as her attitude got crappy and her behaviour even shittier as her morals eroded away every time a brand offered her money.

I fully support influencers who change, grow, learn, and acknowledge that. Maddie doesn't. She thinks she can continue to say she's a minimalist, vegan, sustainable while not following any of those princicples even loosely - or rather she thinks she can waive any accountability but saying she "doesn't use labels" when she literally built her entire YouTube career on labels!!!

I'm on this forum talking about her content because I miss when she filmed videos that were honest, open, and true to her word. It shocks me how much she's fallen away from her principles and how ignorant she's become to her privilege and the influence she has in regards to promoting excessive consumerism. She's so far removed from minimalism and sustainability now.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Yet another undeclared ad. There’s no way she paid for this coffee machine out of her own pocket.

The ASA is super clear on this, and the rules have been in place for a while now.

Adding a screengrab from another influencer showing how easy it is to not deceive your followers. It’s even the same machine 🤣
You see when I saw this, I genuinely thought she or Alex had bought this themselves. To the casual viewer there is absolutely no indication this is gifted. THIS is why people can't trust her and are done with her behaviour.

Or I get the feeling it could be Maddie or Alex themselves?! Whoever it is, they're as subtle as a sledgehammer 🤣

Yet another undeclared ad. There’s no way she paid for this coffee machine out of her own pocket.

The ASA is super clear on this, and the rules have been in place for a while now.

Adding a screengrab from another influencer showing how easy it is to not deceive your followers. It’s even the same machine 🤣
This looks so much like an ad!! Especially since she raved about her SMEG one since they were in the cottage…

Reactions: 7
I don't understand what friends/family of influencers think is going to happen when they come to forums like this to try to put a positive spin on their friend's crappy behaviour. Do they think everyone here is going to say, "oh yeah you've got a good point. I've totally changed my opinion and won't post here anymore"?

I've been watching Maddie's videos since she has single digit subscribers. Under 100. I've seen her channel evolve and change. All the different interests she's had and videos topics she's covered. I was watching when she was cycling every day and just got into minimalism. I watched her go to Thailand, get into zero waste, move to Cornwall, declutter over and over, and start renovating her house. I saw her attitude and positivity decline. She started doing things that aren't sustainable or vegan. I witnessed as her attitude got crappy and her behaviour even shittier as her morals eroded away every time a brand offered her money.

I fully support influencers who change, grow, learn, and acknowledge that. Maddie doesn't. She thinks she can continue to say she's a minimalist, vegan, sustainable while not following any of those princicples even loosely - or rather she thinks she can waive any accountability but saying she "doesn't use labels" when she literally built her entire YouTube career on labels!!!

I'm on this forum talking about her content because I miss when she filmed videos that were honest, open, and true to her word. It shocks me how much she's fallen away from her principles and how ignorant she's become to her privilege and the influence she has in regards to promoting excessive consumerism. She's so far removed from minimalism and sustainability now.
Perfectly said. I too have been watching since 2016 around the 1000 sub mark. Ironically this thread is made up of exclusively people who were all fans of hers. Compared to a lot of threads on here, this one is pretty mild and actually very constructive!

Reactions: 9
Wasn't the Smeg coffee machine, kettle and stand mixer gifted as well? Who needs 2 coffee machines, a kettle and a boiling water tap. The mental gymnastics to justify all this stuff must be exhausting.

Reactions: 17
I'm not sure RLL is Maddie/Maddie's friend as they have posted some derogatory stuff about Maddie. But then again, maybe it's all part of the ruse. After the Mother of Daughter's scandal I'd believe anything!

Reactions: 5
I'm not sure RLL is Maddie/Maddie's friend as they have posted some derogatory stuff about Maddie. But then again, maybe it's all part of the ruse. After the Mother of Daughter's scandal I'd believe anything!
Like a disguise, the first few posts are an extremely sophisticated ruse to fool us 🥸 😎 🤪

the classic next step is either disappear without a trace or return with umbrage: ‘just because I happen to disagree with the status quo here doesn’t make me her sister or superfan - I was just expressing my opinion isn’t that even allowed anyway you lot are horrible i’m obviously not welcome so I’m leaving’ ok bye then 👋

• Haha
I doubt RLL is affiliated with Maddie they're probably a subscriber/former subscriber like the rest of us. But Maddie definitely has 'supporters' and 'long-time fans' in her YouTube comments that are actually just friends/family.

"well I actually like her" - then go leave your comments under maddie's videos then, that's literally what the comment section is there for! why come to a gossip forum only to get upset about criticism and a few negative comments.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I finally watched the vlog and good lord how awful..

“You didn’t do a very good job did you Al” in that condescending tone. What a horrible way to speak to your boyfriend who is putting up hooks while you stand by and supervise. (Not to mention the fact that he did a great job).

Also quite disgusting was the not so thinly veiled dig at Cadbury’s for not sending her the new vegan dairy milk when she saw other influencers receiving it. “Why didn’t I get it? Get me on that PR list!” I think were the words or thereabouts. With that classic ‘laughing but there’s nothing funny about this’ horrible vibe. How grabby and narcissistic. There’s zero subtlety there.

Another observation: that was a very detailed description of the taste & texture of (not vegan) Milky Way Stars for someone who in theory wouldn’t have had them for what, at least five years now? Possibly a good memory but bearing in mind her previous confessions of ‘cheating’… hmmm.

Finally: even the dog looks bloody miserable.

How ironic that my key takeaway from watching that vlog is that stuff won’t make you happy - something Madeleine’s been preaching for years.
Sorry trying to catch up on what I’ve missed, did she eat the non vegan Milky Way? Or is the vegan one being advertised not vegan? Sorry just seen a lot of vegan influencers and people talking about it and just curious what the issue is, I wouldn’t eat it as have a milk protein allergy and don’t trust these new Cadbury’s and galaxy etc “vegan” products

Lord. Surely she realises other influencers will also be sharing their gifted machines, and some of them will bother to do the bare minimum and declare it :rolleyes:

I am realising I have two separate problems with Maddie - its the not declaring ads/gifted products problem AND that shes accepting so many new things when her whole USP is built on minimalism and sustainability.

Very well said! Agree entirely.

Reactions: 2
When I started here I called someone else out for fat-shaming because in my eyes that crossed a line. That's not how tattle works tho and my comment was reported for tone policing. I accept that (although I don't necessarily like it) and now I personally don't engage with comments that I feel are nasty or mean because it's not my place to be policing others opinions here. That's the rule of the forum but it can be tricky to navigate these rules as a new member because it's not always obvious what that means even if you've read the rules.
I see what you mean.

Reactions: 2
Sorry trying to catch up on what I’ve missed, did she eat the non vegan Milky Way? Or is the vegan one being advertised not vegan? Sorry just seen a lot of vegan influencers and people talking about it and just curious what the issue is, I wouldn’t eat it as have a milk protein allergy and don’t trust these new Cadbury’s and galaxy etc “vegan” products
I don’t know about this, please tell me more?

She was eating vegan Milky Way stars that Alex thoughtfully brought her back from the shops but it was declared nowhere near as good as original (non vegan) Milky Way stars, with the taste difference describe in detail.

Y'all are being ridiculous tbh
*takes deep breath*

If you don't like to see gossip or people bashing influencers, don't come to tattle. Or just start a rave thread if you like her.

Reactions: 10
Y'all are being ridiculous tbh
If, by any chance, this is coming from someone like friend/family/hardcore fan, it's not really helping! Especially since 99% of things highlighted on here are genuine concerns in regards to the brand or a completely 180 done by Maddie herself.

Reactions: 4
I just get a good chuckle out of Madeleine pretending to be interested in gardening when it's clear she absolutely bloody hates it 😆. She'll summon up a shred of enthusiasm if there's money involved, but otherwise it's "too untidy and messy". She hates it because she can't control what goes on in the garden like she can with indoors stuff and the people around her. Not being in control is hugely scary for her and is probably one of the root causes for many of her anxieties. It's a shame because spending more time in the garden might actually help her. Spending time in a garden can really shift your perception of what 'perfect' actually is. Plants will do what they want - you can lavish them with care and they will still die just to spite you, get eaten by bugs, or even reward you with lovely food and flowers.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.