Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My childhood! My dad's garage is filled with old tins and containers with screws and other kinds of repairing / DIY items he collected (needed/bought/received) in about 50 years time haha. Really beautiful sight to be honest! On the sides he wrote with a big black marker what's in each container! Some are seriously ancient haha.
We have the 'drawer of misc crap', full of old screws and photos and bottlecaps, basically nothing that's ever been useful but ''might come in handy some day'' haha!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
"Happy Christmas From Our Newly Renovated Georgian Period Farmhouse Home!"
With a photo angled up her nose while she flicks her hair around and looks at herself in the viewfinder to distract herself from using the mouse sander on everything in sight.

(Jokes, no idea!)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t think so but not many influencers did. They’re on their holidays, they couldn’t possibly preschedule a post 🙄

Reactions: 5
Ok I'm bored 😛

Let's take bets as to the title of the first 2022 video.

'New year healthy habits' Where she insists going to the gym at 6am everyday is the elixir of mental and physical health (with covert sponsorship from huel powdered drinks)

'Our 2022 Georgian country house renovation plans' where she'll repeat the same plans she had in 2021 but in far far greater detail (with lick 001 or whatever mentioned 1876 times)

'Hearty Vegan January Meals' (to be fair this is the kind of stuff I would be most interested to see, so it's probably uunlikely, unless she does another promo for 'ethical cooking oil' 😏)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My childhood! My dad's garage is filled with old tins and containers with screws and other kinds of repairing / DIY items he collected (needed/bought/received) in about 50 years time haha. Really beautiful sight to be honest! On the sides he wrote with a big black marker what's in each container! Some are seriously ancient haha.
This just made me consider the age of a lot of my stuff. You’ll be relieved to know that I won’t list it all but I got married in 1986 and still use the same scales, Tupperware, colander, slow cooker (eternal bow pattern😬) etc. They’re all in perfect nick. Obviously some things have been replaced and supplemented and my home is not at all dated and I’m not tight. I still use some of my dad’s diy tools and garden tools from the 60s and, yes, I inherited his box of screws!

Things were made to last then and perhaps it was also the way we were brought up; I was the youngest, my parents went through WW2 and we valued and cared for everything.

I only read this thread to see if her wet hair annoyed anyone else😆

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This just made me consider the age of a lot of my stuff. You’ll be relieved to know that I won’t list it all but I got married in 1986 and still use the same scales, Tupperware, colander, slow cooker (eternal bow pattern😬) etc. They’re all in perfect nick. Obviously some things have been replaced and supplemented and my home is not at all dated and I’m not tight. I still use some of my dad’s diy tools and garden tools from the 60s and, yes, I inherited his box of screws!

Things were made to last then and perhaps it was also the way we were brought up; I was the youngest, my parents went through WW2 and we valued and cared for everything.

I only read this thread to see if her wet hair annoyed anyone else😆
Eternal Bow - I loved that. I got married in 88 and some of my stuff is also still going strong.
We get a lot of Eternal Bow china in the charity shop where I volunteer, it is very popular. One lady who must be in her 70s told me she has over 400 pieces in her collection!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Eternal Bow - I loved that. I got married in 88 and some of my stuff is also still going strong.
We get a lot of Eternal Bow china in the charity shop where I volunteer, it is very popular. One lady who must be in her 70s told me she has over 400 pieces in her collection!
It’s so naff it’s cute but it’s a great slow cooker. Thankfully, nobody bought me any other bits but they put that print on everything.

It’s so naff it’s cute but it’s a great slow cooker. Thankfully, nobody bought me any other bits but they put that print on everything.
It’s funny how your tastes can change over the years sometimes. I would have gone all out for Eternal Bow in my twenties!
I have an Anthony Worrall Thompson slow cooker that is pretty old but just brilliant. It looks a bit battered but why would anyone replace something that still works ?
An alien concept for many influencers…

Reactions: 12
Did she ever address why she went back to drinking after being tee total for years? 🤔

I actually really like Em Clarkson but I don’t want to see selfies of influencers crying to prove they’re just like us. I wonder if Maddie would have shared Em’s if she hadn’t just jumped on the bandwagon.

Reactions: 2
Genuinely shocked at how overweight Roxie is.
Well you know what they say about dogs and their owners... 🤣
But seriously they have no excuses for not giving that dog exercise (I mean proper hour long walks, not strolls around the block). They live in the country and both work from home. It's not fair on the animal, overweight dogs are so prone to arthritis and other debilitating conditions.
She used to say she walked her for an hour each morning, but that was back when they lived in the old house, clearly the novelty has worn off...

Reactions: 8
Is it anything to do with her health condition? I can't remember what it is.....

Reactions: 1
She spoils Roxie rotten, so i'm not surprised she's so eh.. chunky. Clearly not enough exercise either. I feel so bad for Roxie, Roxie loves running and playing from what i remember. If they can't be bothered to give Roxie what she needs they should hire someone, they are well off enough.

She used to say she walked her for an hour each morning, but that was back when they lived in the old house, clearly the novelty has worn off...
I get not being able to go for hour long walks every day. I have a dog, and sometimes I'm unable to either take the time for that long of a stroll, or I don't have the energy for it bc of my depression.

So I compensate. I play with her, I stimulate her by making sniffing challenges, I ask my mom who goes for long walks anyway if she wants to take her with her (they love each other, it's so cute 😂). Sometimes, it just doesn't happen and three short walks around the village is all I can muster, so we go on adventures at the weekend.

She could also just reduce the dog food and treats she gives her. Maybe she needs a vet like mine who chewed me out proper for overfeeding her as a puppy. (I love him, he's the best 😄)

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.