Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a very lapsed Catholic. I'm 40 now and I think the last time I went to confession I was probably about 14, and that was because we we forced to go in (convent) school, but to the best of my knowledge, whatever you confess to a priest he's not allowed to 'break the seal' of confession.
Ok...that would explain that part then...but as a human being (without his religious hat on, no pun intended) he would have his own feelings on it even if he could never reveal anything.

The conspiracy theory on Madeline McCanns disappearance that has always made sense to me ( with evidence from the documentary to back parts of it up ) that the family went out for dinner and they drugged all 3 kids to make them sleep. This is definitely true as they admitted self medicating, I then believe that Madeline got up and ended up having a fall and dying ( which makes sense in line with the sniffer dog finding traces of her blood in the apartment ) Gerry mccann then disposed of her body at sea ( more than five witnesses saw him going down to the beach carrying something which could have been a small child ) the reason for them not owning up to her fall was because then an autopsy would have been carried out and they gave her too big a dose therefore it would have implicated them. There’s a few variables of the above story which I have also considered could be true.

I don’t know if the reason I chose to believe this is not just because of evidence supporting but the thought of an awful ring of men getting hold of a sweet innocent girl is too much to think about. I think that the best outcome the parents can hope for if it wasn’t them is that she did die of an awful accident unknown to them ( better than some sick men taking her) or a family who desperately wanted a child kidnapped her but she has led a nice life...

I do hope we find out in our lifetime
I read this too and it seems plausible. But were they ever interviewed as suspects in the UK , or just Portugal?

Reactions: 1
German Wikipedia page on paedophile and murderer Martin Ney has some information I haven’t seen in the UK press. From Google translate:

In May 2019, it became known that the Portuguese authorities had learned that Ney was supposed to have told a fellow prisoner about the Madeleine McCann missing person case that only someone who was involved in kidnapping the four-year-old British girl from a Portuguese holiday resort was known. [20 ] A spokesman for the McCann family confirmed that the police questioned Ney about the matter, but he denied involvement. [20] [21] Ney had worked in a church homeless shelter near the holiday resort at the time of the alleged kidnapping [20] [22] and had also been to the holiday area more often in the 1990s. [23] A former resort employee had reported to the police after she recognized a man in a Netflix documentary about the missing person that she said was also traveling with Ney. [20] The Portuguese police then questioned the other man, whose name is not publicly known, but who is considered a new suspect in the case. [20] The Portuguese police made it clear that Ney was not the new suspect.

This is so insane. After all that time, if he is telling the truth, to suddenly come out and tell someone.

If this case is finally solved, 2020 is getting even wilder than it already was.
Maybe we will find out the ’truth’ about Princess Diana accident too. 2020 so far has sure been a rollercoaster ride and I’m ready to get off!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This case really angers me, I don't understand why the parents weren't held accountable for neglect, last year I had a teenager approach my two children in a play park and ask them to go with him, thankfully they both said no and ran to me, I was no more than 10 feet away but when I reported it to the police i was told off for not holding their hands in a public place!

I hope some justice is found for the poor little girl and her siblings.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
After watching the Netflix documentary, I don't believe the parents had anything to do with her disappearance.

However, it is 100% their fault for leaving the kids on their own. Who doesn't lock doors, especially one that looks out onto a main street?!

I believe she is dead due to all of the media attention the story got from day 1, they probably found it too hard to move her.

I could be very wrong but I think if you confess something that puts others or has put others or yourself in danger they would be allowed to break the confidentiality rule there?
I read a story once where someone called Samaritans to confess to a murder and the Samaritans worker reported the person to the police and they lost their job, but the person was convicted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
A man came forward to say it was him he accidentally killed him with his digger on the building site near to where he disappeared, they found his toy i think. I think in the article he buried him but couldn't remember where as he was on his death bed when confessing but I could be wrong
Yes that's right a neighbour, I think they dug up part of his property but nothing was found..

Reactions: 5
I don't believe the parents had anything to do with it. And yes, maybe it was wrong of them to leave the kids alone. I am sure the guilt over that is killing them every day. But we all make mistakes and most of the times it turns out ok.
I used to be a perfect parent too, right until the day my first child was born.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just had a read about the priest. All sounds so shady and there are too many people involved who seems to be hiding the true facts.
Please excuse my ignorance as I’m not religious , but can anyone shed any light on the fact that If someone ‘Confessed’ to a priest, then the priest was interviewed under caution, he would have to tell the truth?
No I think the seal of confession can't be broken ,unless it's been changed in recent times..

Reactions: 3
I don't believe the parents had anything to do with it. And yes, maybe it was wrong of them to leave the kids alone. I am sure the guilt over that is killing them every day. But we all make mistakes and most of the times it turns out ok.
Sorry, but there no ‘maybe’ it was wrong. It was wrong and look what happened. This wasn’t a lapse of judgement, those children were left on their own every night of the holiday. I am sorry for what happened to their daughter but they are not blameless in this.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
There's no such thing as a perfect parent,but we can only try and be responsible parents.Leaving 3 young kids alone on more than one occasion in the hope they'll be OK, is very irresponsible in my book! and a big mistake that could have totally been avoided..

• Heart
No I think the seal of confession can't be broken ,unless it's been changed in recent times..
Yeah my understanding is that seal of confession cannot be broken. In reference to an above post about a samaritans worker being sacked over reporting someone who had confessed a murder, anyone in a role with a duty of care has to report those sorts of things but then again you just never know with some bigger charities/companies.

In this case I can't help but think of all the possibilities. There's a part of me that just hopes that she was kidnapped by a loving family & now doesn't know who she is but I know that's sadly probably not the case. I go back & forth with how I feel about the parents, no doubt they have suffered over the years and need peace but a lot of the story just doesn't sit right with me, the drugging of the children especially. We have all had lapses of judgement, I'm sure they aren't the only parents who have left their kids thinking they'd be fine but I don't know, there's just something about the whole thing that has me suspicious of them in a way. (Edited to say that I don't agree with them leaving the children & I do often wonder if they weren't in the position they were in if they would have gotten in more trouble for neglect)

I don't know what to make of today's news, does seem convenient there's a 'lead', I wonder if it was to get more funding for the case? If I remember correctly I read somewhere that they were only funded up to this year? Could be wrong I read so much.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I posted on the other thread that years ago I was told that Kate and Gerry were swingers and were on a swingers holiday when Madeliene was taken. I also heard Madeliene was a 'challenging' child behaviour wise and Kate struggled to control her.

The McCann's also had a nanny and the nanny was meant to go on holiday with them but for whatever reason couldn't go in the end.

Reactions: 2
Many years ago a friend of mine knew a footballer who donated money to the McCann's fund to help find Maddie. Kate then used it to pay off her mortgage, word got back to the footballer who quite rightly fumed. He demanded it back unless it went towards the fund.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I was about to post to say am I the only one who doesn’t think the parents did anything?! I think they made mistakes but I don’t think they should be prosecuted or held accountable to anything. It is probably the only big story like this where I disagree with the majority. I just don’t see what other people see and I have watched/read so much on it.

Whatever happened to that little girl I just hope her suffering was short lived and that she rests in peace. Awful awful to think what she could have been through. But I really don’t think the parents did anything to her Or her body before or after that night...

I know you will all hate this post now 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Yeah my understanding is that seal of confession cannot be broken. In reference to an above post about a samaritans worker being sacked over reporting someone who had confessed a murder, anyone in a role with a duty of care has to report those sorts of things but then again you just never know with some bigger charities/companies.

In this case I can't help but think of all the possibilities. There's a part of me that just hopes that she was kidnapped by a loving family & now doesn't know who she is but I know that's sadly probably not the case. I go back & forth with how I feel about the parents, no doubt they have suffered over the years and need peace but a lot of the story just doesn't sit right with me, the drugging of the children especially. We have all had lapses of judgement, I'm sure they aren't the only parents who have left their kids thinking they'd be fine but I don't know, there's just something about the whole thing that has me suspicious of them in a way. (Edited to say that I don't agree with them leaving the children & I do often wonder if they weren't in the position they were in if they would have gotten in more trouble for neglect)

I don't know what to make of today's news, does seem convenient there's a 'lead', I wonder if it was to get more funding for the case? If I remember correctly I read somewhere that they were only funded up to this year? Could be wrong I read so much.
I think the money has been stopped now your right ,I think they gave them one final payment .

Many years ago a friend of mine knew a footballer who donated money to the McCann's fund to help find Maddie. Kate then used it to pay off her mortgage, word got back to the footballer who quite rightly fumed. He demanded it back unless it went towards the fund.
That’s despicable.

I was about to post to say am I the only one who doesn’t think the parents did anything?! I think they made mistakes but I don’t think they should be prosecuted or held accountable to anything. It is probably the only big story like this where I disagree with the majority. I just don’t see what other people see and I have watched/read so much on it.

Whatever happened to that little girl I just hope her suffering was short lived and that she rests in peace. Awful awful to think what she could have been through. But I really don’t think the parents did anything to her Or her body before or after that night...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and debate is always a good thing. Whether we agree or not on the parents having involvement, I 100% agree with your comment about hoping that any suffering for Madeleine was short lived. It’s a very sad story.

Reactions: 6

No we're all entitled to an opinion ,if anything child neglect is something they should have been prosecuted for ! The facts speak for themselves on that issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Another thing that struck me as odd was when Kate went to alert the group, why did she leave the twins?

It doesn’t matter which way people dress up or dresses down this case -
The FAULT without a doubt will always start and finish with the parents!!

They put their innocent daughter and other children in this danger, it was no mistake they knew what they were doing the moment they stepped foot out of the door to meet friends, we just need to wait and see what the outcome is of how she actually disappeared from the apartment.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Im unsurprised to hear this. For the record although I don't think the McCann's had anything to do with her disappearance I do think they were massively negligent and got away with that because they were an affluent middle class professional couple, and I've no doubt that had a working class couple done the same thing they'd have been torn to shreds by the press. Its never been normal in my world to leave your children unattended in a hotel room in a foreign country, especially when a babysitting service was provided. Its just pure lunacy.

I also don't think Kate was a 'natural mother' in that it was no secret she struggled to control Maddie, who by all accounts a bit of a livewire (a normal toddler in other words). The family had a full time nanny, despite the fact that Kate only worked part time. The nanny was meant to go with them to Portugal but couldn't go for whatever reason. I mean who takes a nanny on holiday with them?! I wonder why people like even have children when they clearly can't be arsed parenting them themselves!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.