Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
I don’t understand the theories saying that they “gave” Madeleine away. I get that it’s someone else’s take on things, but to me that just seems like a lot of bullshit. She was the child they wanted so much that they went down the route of IVF to conceive her. I guess you could say “why did they leave her in the room alone then?” to counter that, but a huge lapse in judgement/being a careless parent makes more sense to me than plotting to have her taken away/abducted/sent to a pedalo ring to be abused.

Reactions: 21

Sparks

Chatty Member
I don't believe the parents had anything to do with it. And yes, maybe it was wrong of them to leave the kids alone. I am sure the guilt over that is killing them every day. But we all make mistakes and most of the times it turns out ok.
I used to be a perfect parent too, right until the day my first child was born.

• Heart

Titntat

VIP Member
I remember reading about it at the time but I cant remember most of it now. I mean who leaves 2yr olds and a 4yr old alone while you go for a meal.:oops:
We always have a big villa when we go on our holidays with other members of our family. Weve not been with my 11m old due to lockdown. When we used to take my eldest we had a baby monitor with a camera sat on the table with us whilst we had food and a few drinks.

Even still everytime someone went inside for something I'd get them to check on her.
Even to this day I cant get my head around it. It was clearly something they did all the time and was comfortable with. Why didnt they just hire a big villa with their friends and kids? You can get catering companies to cook your food? Why didnt they use the baby sitting service? They had plenty of money, they would be able to afford it.

It’s so weird because the day before yesterday I was thinking about the case and how she would be and how old she would be and if she was still alive and wondered whatever happened, fast forward to yesterday news articles got released about her, I was slightly freaked out that I was thinking off it randomly the day before😩

I’ve never seen k&g as suspects. It must be torture every single day and every single minute. I generally hope they get justice. 13 years is a very long time. X

Reactions: 20

Sausageparty

Chatty Member
I'm not sure if you remember the Ben Needham case his mum had no help ,she's never given up looking for her son. It's been 30 yrs now but she kept a dignified search going without the need for a PR team ..
A man came forward to say it was him he accidentally killed him with his digger on the building site near to where he disappeared, they found his toy i think. I think in the article he buried him but couldn't remember where as he was on his death bed when confessing but I could be wrong

• Sad
  • Wow

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
This case really angers me, I don't understand why the parents weren't held accountable for neglect, last year I had a teenager approach my two children in a play park and ask them to go with him, thankfully they both said no and ran to me, I was no more than 10 feet away but when I reported it to the police i was told off for not holding their hands in a public place!

I hope some justice is found for the poor little girl and her siblings.

• Wow

Chocolate Crispie

I fell down a hole a couple of years back with videos, podcasts and written articles on Maddies disappearance and from it her parents just give me the creeps and I have no doubt that they know what happened to her. What parent in their right mind would leave their young children in a room just so they can go out, disgusting then when questioned they refused to answer, why?

Not only that, someone high up is protecting them. They neglected their children several times and have got away with it.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
How convenient, another scapegoat. Will wait and see the outcome but I doubt it will go anywhere. Will will never know what happened to that precious little girl.

Parents know more than they’ve let on.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
When Madeleine first went missing I used to go jogging in the evening with my mum and her friend. Neither of them could believe she'd been left alone in the apartment and I remember they were quite shocked that they'd done it, so it was a point of view that a lot people had from the very beginning and yet not once did the media ever raise it. The only time you ever heard the word 'neglect' was online and Im convinced that's why so many wild conspiracies took hold because the media narrative was so controlled and unblanaced from the start. Most people were not just appalled that this child had vanished, but that her parents had left her and her siblings alone in the first place but the media have never ever gone there? Why?

It all stinks to high heaven.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I work in a nursery, believe me this is more than normal. Not my idea of a family holiday if you dont spend time together but for some families this is the norm definitely.
I know kids clubs are there to stop the boredom setting in and to allow parents some time to themselves , I get that. Same with babysitters. Not for me personally but the service is available and that’s perfectly acceptable. But all day in kids club and home alone at night is a whole new level. It’s just so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 19

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
In Kate’s book she talked about how she had images of Maddie’s ‘perfect little genitals torn apart’ running through her head. A weird and disturbing thing to think about, let alone write in a book I’m sure we’ll all agree.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

Sara_M

VIP Member
Something else that bothers me about them, they never really talk about Madeline. In interviews, it's always how hard its been for them, how they felt when it happened, defending themselves, what they need. Justifying everything. We rarely hear concern for Madeline. What she might be going through, how afraid she might be, what she needs. Why is that? Do they know those thoughts are redundant because shes no longer here or are they just that self involved?

What kind of a little girl was she? What was her favourite food? Her favourite programme? Her favourite game? Her favourite song?
It's been the Kate and Gerry show from day 1.

Reactions: 18

judsmum

Chatty Member
Perverts, murderers and abusers have been around since Jesus was a lad. So, because as adults we know this - we take every single step possible to ensure our children don’t fall prey to them. The McCanns didn’t. They left their children for a nice meal. Alone and unprotected. I have taken my child on holidays, numerous times a year since he was 2 months old. We have NEVER left him, because it isn’t safe to do so. It’s not a mistake, they did it repeatedly. So, no it’s not their fault that these monsters exist but it is their fault that they allowed their daughter to be snatched by one so easily. Having said that, I don’t suppose for one minute that they have rested easy over that decision since. I hope they get answers. I hope her brother and sister get answers because I don’t think their childhoods can have been easy.

• Sad

LittleMy

VIP Member
Off topic - but I’ve had a couple of really serious surgeries (one brain) and my surgeon is really cold too! It’s just how a lot of them are.
I think many doctors/surgeons come across “cold.” It’s actually professionalism. They’re not carers or nurses who are able to spend a lot of time and build a rapport with their patients, and often they have to deal with the reality of delivering bad news and losing people on their table. They have to keep their emotions in check, otherwise they wouldn’t be able to do their job properly.

There was a tiny optimistic part of me that thought she might be alive and well, but had no idea who she was and had been sold to a family who wanted children. Not any more.
I also feel awful for her brother and sister. They were so young when this happened and probably have very few/ no memories of Madeleine, they were asleep in the room when she disappeared, and have grown up under the shadow of this with speculation around their parents. They are of an age now where they can look up everything that has been said online. ☹
I hope the family get answers.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Apparently they were all swingers.

Nothing to do with the investigation (although could be a reason why non of them have come out the woodwork to speak), just wanted to throw that out there.

• Wow
  • Heart

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Interesting how many people watched the Netflix doc and changed their minds. I watched it and felt like it missed out loads of info and basically hashed over info that had already been talked about. It didn’t change my mind at all I still think they know more than they ever let on.

Fairypop

VIP Member
I agree with you some one high up has been protecting these two all along the way they have acted all along has been suspicious what mother would not go out looking for their child when she first went missing I would of been out there screaming her name waking everyone up to help me. Also who goes playing tennis the day after.
Exactly this! I also don’t understand why there were so many questions she refused to answer. If that was my child, I’d answer ANYTHING, absolutely anything.

Reactions: 17