Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CrackRatcher

Chatty Member
Iv just seen someone on Facebook saying ‘her parents must be in shock to be told she’s dead and I feel so sorry for them how awful’

for me personally I don’t feel the slightest bit of sympathy for them! I feel sad for Madeleine
& her siblings.. the parents are just as much murderers as the people who took her! Middle class privilege has helped them dodge prison.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Following the news last night, thought it would be good to have a thread about this so we can discuss as things develop.

It seems the German authorities believe this guy is guilty of the poor little girl’s murder. According to news articles I’ve read, he’s already in prison for raping a woman in Praia de Luz and has "numerous" previous convictions for "sexual abuse of children" and the DM says he has spoke about Madeleine on online chat forums.

I must say, I didn’t think 2020 could get more bizarre but here we are! I really hope the family gets justice after all these years.

Mod Edit: Linking thread

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
I went down a rabbit hole with this story some months ago. I watched numerous YouTube docs and read up lots on the events leading up to the disappearance.
Whether the parents were involved or not (I personally think they were). There were some serious holes in their story. The main thing that got me were the sniffer dogs who had something like a 99% success rate on other cases. Also Kates reaction when she first thought she was missing was to assume someone had taken her. Surely your first reaction would be to assume she had gone wondering. Especially as the door was open!! Then to run down to the bar and leave your 2 other children alone when you think your daughter has been abducted!?
Also my grandma lives in the algarve so I have spent most of summers there since 4 years old and it is completely normal to bring your children out for dinner with you there. There is absolutely no excuse to leave your children in the evenings. The Portuguese are extremely family oriented.
Anyway as a mother of a 3 year old daughter, there is absolutely no way I would leave her unattended in an open apartment. That’s not just a parental mistake, that is neglect. I really hope Madeleine is at peace wherever she is and didn’t suffer as it breaks my heart thinking about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Readread

VIP Member
you disgust me. What a despicable thing to say. Shame on you.
Why?

They left their child alone in a strange country to drink and eat tapas. Hardly parents of the year that deserve praise. People have been given dogs abuse for less.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

MissMissMissy

Chatty Member
I don't believe the parents had anything to do with it. And yes, maybe it was wrong of them to leave the kids alone. I am sure the guilt over that is killing them every day. But we all make mistakes and most of the times it turns out ok.
I used to be a perfect parent too, right until the day my first child was born.
I was about to post to say am I the only one who doesn’t think the parents did anything?! I think they made mistakes but I don’t think they should be prosecuted or held accountable to anything. It is probably the only big story like this where I disagree with the majority. I just don’t see what other people see and I have watched/read so much on it.

Whatever happened to that little girl I just hope her suffering was short lived and that she rests in peace. Awful awful to think what she could have been through. But I really don’t think the parents did anything to her Or her body before or after that night...

I know you will all hate this post now 😬

• Wow

Columbo

VIP Member
I’ve always been suspicious of the parents and I feel like they always look shifty & guilty but perhaps that’s down to the fact that they know they failed their daughter. Who would leave 3 small kids alone in a foreign country? Let alone murderers and paedophiles any amount of things could’ve happened, they could’ve woken from a nightmare and went wandering looking for their parents, they could’ve taken ill, anything!
I’ve seen lots of couples on holidays eating in restaurants at night while their kids slept in buggies. If they really had to go out why couldn’t they have just taken the kids too?
If they worked in Tesco & were out for burgers & beer and not doctors out for tapas and wine they’d have been charged with neglect, that’s a fact.

• Heart

Lhasalife

madeleine was drugged as were her siblings. Kate was an anaesthetic doctor. madeleine fell hence the blood in the apartment. if they reported her death the they would have lost their other children and been struck off and convicted. This is a cover up and a very convenient turn of events considering the government is under pressure to stop funding the case into her disappearance. No other DNA or forensic evidence was found in that apartment except linked to family. it is the perfect set up - blame someone already in prison. This is the first time we have ever been aware of a german man or a camper van or a jaguar car. Total rubbish- they are responsible 100%

I once shared a house with Gerry McCanns sister - the family is so dysfunctional. This is a cover up they are responsible 100%

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

tskiry56

Its hard to believe it's been 13 years.
I hope they get answers from this and they do find out where Madeline is.
To not know what happened to their child must be like living a nightmare that you cant wake up from.

RazRazRazMataz

The government don’t want to address the current massive failings they have with covid-19. It also distracts from the protests happening at the minute. There’s many things the gov currently don’t want to address and this takes some media focus away from those things.
sorry, I completely disagree. This is far from good news that would distract from the government’s failings. It’s a police matter and I don’t think our police for a second would want or need to use Maddie’s investigations as a cover up for the civil unrest following the murder of a black man in the States.

• Heart

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Kate did a book and i red a little bit. Kate described that she had difficulty in conceiving and i always thought was it Gods way in protecting the children.

I hope they find closure for the angel ❤madeline mccan❤
I think they used ivf didn’t they?

Makes the fact they repeatedly left them all in an unlocked room in a foreign country even more weird to me. They tried so hard to have children and then they take such a silly risk in an unfamiliar place, not just once but night after night. Most parents, trouble conceiving or not would never be so careless.

Then they (or someone connected to them possibly) had the cheek to say it was the same as having dinner in your garden. It absolutely is not the same. That’s one thing that’s always got to me with that couple, they’ve never come out and acknowledged that leaving the kids was a bad idea. Of course if she was taken who ever took them should be found and punished, but it would never have happened if they weren’t alone in the first place. Gerry has a little tantrum when ever they get close to being called out on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Speculation on the gossip thread is that its back in the news again merely to garner more donations to the 'Find Madeleine' fund.

Reactions: 23

Pinko

VIP Member
I think the parents suffer enough in the knowledge that they let that poor little girl down and their other children were so lucky. It must be so awful to live with yourself after that. They made a decision to leave 3 children under 3 alone, unsupervised in an apartment in a foreign country whilst they had a meal and drinks a good distance from the apartment. I remember at the time people saying it was like having a meal in your garden and leaving the kids upstairs. It was NOTHING like that. The parents have to live with their decision and being called out in it in social media and the press. That is their life sentence.

I have to go in to my son before we go to bed at the moment as we are trying to get him to sleep through without wearing pull ups. Waking him up out of his deep sleep to go to the toilet, he is so out of it and would sleep through anything. It upsets me to think of Madeleine being taken from her bed and carried away half asleep. Her siblings waking up and calling out and no one there to hear them. Terribly sad.

• Sad

judsmum

Chatty Member
I don’t think we can assume someone is a murderer based on the fact that their ability to show emotion is different to ours. I too wouldn’t rest, I certainly wouldn’t have been playing tennis and I would have probably head butted the police if they were focussing on me when I knew I hadn’t done it and my child was with someone evil. I don’t think they killed her. I do however, maintain that they are absolutely to blame for her abduction/murder/running off alone and falling in a ditch because they were not there looking after her. If you can defend the McCanns for leaving their children then you seriously need to look at what a parents role actually is. Again, it is not the fault of the McCanns that peadophiles or murderers exist. But it is absolutely their fault that one gained access to their little girl. You cannot escape from that fact.

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I really hope one day it all comes out, for the sake of her brother and sister and for Madeleine herself. It’s such a sad story and at the centre of it that poor little girl.

• Heart

NoodlesToodles

VIP Member
Not reading through 400 plus comments to see if this has been mentioned. So sorry if it has.

I would urge anyone to have a listen to the apple podcast called maddie. It is fact based and incredibly well researched. Mr Amaral predicted on this podcast over a year ago that Op Grange were looking to wind up the case soon and that a German peadophile who was already in prison was going to be the one to cop for it. This man has already been investigated by the portugese at the time and eliminated. The podcast outlines many things I will list:

Inaccurate and conflicting stories about what happened on the night from the tapas 7.
The tanner sighting that never was.
The Smith family sighting.
Deleted call logs.
DNA evidence that was not exhaustively investigated.
Offer from leading DNA expert to do this ignored.
The blood and body dogs.
The fact the window did not show forced entry however it was purported as soon as the next day by their family to the media in the UK that the window was 'jemmied'.
The supposed ineptitude of the portugese police investigation, when infact they poured an infinite amount of resources in to it.
Involvement of UK diplomats and politicians from the very start of the investigation.
Colin Sutton, ex police responsible for putting Levi bellfield away was warned off taking Op Grange job because it was not going to be allowed to carry out a through investigation of facts and was being guided "from the top".

This along with gaspar statements, the Clement Freud connection, media/political spin drs makes even the slightly curious start to read more into it all and question.

We have all this information and more, no evidence of abduction, yet this is the narrative that has been pushed for years and the only remit of Op Grange from day one. I dont know of any other police investigation that has not been allowed to 'investigate'.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but at the heart of this is a little girl who is still missing, dead or alive, despite 13 years of investigation and 20 million pounds. The real, true victim. My heart breaks for her and only her.

Reactions: 22

birdiefly246

VIP Member
I know kids clubs are there to stop the boredom setting in and to allow parents some time to themselves , I get that. Same with babysitters. Not for me personally but the service is available and that’s perfectly acceptable. But all day in kids club and home alone at night is a whole new level. It’s just so sad.
I don't have an issue with kids clubs I loved them as a kid and as an only child it was a great way of making friends. In her book kate said the pool was freezing cause it was april so the club kept the kids entertained. Fair enough. However they'd drop the kids off at the club around 8.30-9 and then pick the kids up from the club at around 4.30 have food at 5-5.30 and then bath the kids put them to bed and go and eat themselves which quite frankly baffled me. They weren't even having family meals!! What's the point of taking your kids away with you if you've actually only spend about 3 hours a day with them???

Tattlingpineapple

Chatty Member
As a German, I am convinced that the police have really good evidence. Compared to other countries I'd say we have a justice system that protects suspects a lot. For example material from suveillance cameras is often only published as a last resort (after weeks or months if other investigations were unsuccessful) in order to protect the identity of suspects and so they're not publicy stigmatized for the rest of their lives. There was quite a shitstorm one or two years ago after an attack on a woman in a metro station because police waited months (edit: just checked. It was only six weeks but still many people were angry...) to publish surveillance camera material... Anyways. They wouldn't go public if they weren't sure it was him.

Last edited:

Lezzab

A few days ago there was an article in our newspaper of a new suspect in custody about the case. Because he confided in a friend that he knew what happened to her (as in he took her). This is an english article I just found:

Where have you been this week lol?!
This has been making international headlines and the reason this thread has been started!

• Haha
Reactions: 21