Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't really enjoy the documentary series released on Netflix last year because I found it was quite biased and one sided. The whole documentary seemed protective and defensive of the parents. Even the police interviewed were all suddenly "I thought the parents did it but don't think they did now". I know one episode featured all on Kate and Gerry and when they were under suspicion, but I doubt they would be allowed to point the finger at the parents anyway as K&G are known for suing people who accuse them of being behind it plus people would probably respond to the series saying it would be wrong to accuse the parents blah blah.

It still seems odd to me that they didn't answer certain questions, take a lie detector and the way Kate spoke about her and actually said about Madeleine's "perfect little genitals" in her book which is abhorrent.
I find it strange how the documentary suddenly said the blood wasn't Madeleine's when it's been all over the news and proven in a video recorded by police where they took the dog into the apartment and it barked like mad. In police reports and even the head investigator of the case put out that forbidden documentary that the parents got banned. I still find it strange how the parents acted and carried on life quickly after when anyone else would search relentlessy for their missing child. It seems to me the way they acted is as though they know what happened and kind of had to accept it and play the worried stricken parents.

I find it hard to believe a man/woman was watching their apartment for days and suddenly ran up there on that night taking Madeleine when he could have easily been caught, taken one of the babies, plus the risk of being caught running off with her in a busy touristy area or her being seen around anywhere if she was a sex slave.

Unfortunately I do think whatever happened to her, she died that night. If a kidnapper did do it, they would have had to of been watching the McCann's very meticulously to know that they were going to dinner that night with the children in the apartment and the whole checking up on the children every 30mins or so. I don't think a couple kidnapped her or took her to look after her as she would have been spotted by now being pretty famous worldwide and people talk.

I don't think the people at the table (McCann's friends) knew the truth either because as people above said, it would be a huge risk for the parents and someone would have slipped up by now.
I'm baffled, in what context did Kate talk about Madeleine's private parts? I haven't read the book and can't think of any context in which it would be normal for a mother to discuss her child's genitals other than with a doctor if there were associated health or developmental concerns. Sounds utterly weird to me.

Reactions: 4
I'm baffled, in what context did Kate talk about Madeleine's private parts? I haven't read the book and can't think of any context in which it would be normal for a mother to discuss her child's genitals other than with a doctor if there were associated health or developmental concerns. Sounds utterly weird to me.
As I recall it was something along the lines of imagining Maddys perfect ‘bits’ being damaged by a man.

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
KM even managed to change her earrings. I don't think I'd even manage to change my clothes if this happened to me 😡

She said something about her daughter's perfect little genitals being form apart iirc. It was just a horrible thing to say 😡

*torn

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
exactly. You wouldn’t function would you especially if you didn’t know what happened. If you watch interviews of parents who’ve kids have gone missing the common theme is they’re either out looking or they’ve stayed at home. They all said that time essentially stood still and it was all they could think about. not have a tennis match or going for a run.
It's a bizarre reaction. I vividly remember when I was a kid (around 10) playing outside locally I was less than 10 minutes late coming home (I had to be home at a certain time), I had gone further away out of the usual roads I skated around (all within a few mins walk from where I lived) with a friend and hadn't worn my watch. My mum went out looking for me in the usual places near the flat and then got 2 neighbours to help and 1 more was waiting outside her door in case I'd come back while she was out. I remember seeing them when I went home and I felt so ashamed. She was distraught, I made sure I never did it again. That was over 20 years ago and I still remember my mums face being so afraid. How can they have been exercising the next day? How?

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
In Kate’s book she talked about how she had images of Maddie’s ‘perfect little genitals torn apart’ running through her head. A weird and disturbing thing to think about, let alone write in a book I’m sure we’ll all agree.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I always hoped this was the case too. I know it's awful taking her from her family but my brain could process this better than the alternatives

Where was it proven it was Maddie's blood in the apartment? I recall blood being found, but not that it was hers.
Portuguese documentary showed initial findings. They actually assumed that Maddie had fallen until they found traces in the wardrobe.

Reactions: 1
If K and G did it or she was killed there in the Algarve, surely a body would have been found? That also makes me think she was taken away somehwere else

If K and G did it or she was killed there in the Algarve, surely a body would have been found? That also makes me think she was taken away somehwere else
K and G had keys to the church. People have said they possibly could have put Madeline in a coffin with another body.

Reactions: 5
I’m open to new thoughts. Like the one where someone said they had the keys to the church and possibly put her body in a coffin. But how easy would it be to open a coffin? Aren’t they sealed (it must have been as open coffin would have shown her). I don’t know anything about that stuff. Did they crowbar it open and what about resealing? So much to consider.

Reactions: 3
In Kate’s book she talked about how she had images of Maddie’s ‘perfect little genitals torn apart’ running through her head. A weird and disturbing thing to think about, let alone write in a book I’m sure we’ll all agree.
Beyond sick.

I’m open to new thoughts. Like the one where someone said they had the keys to the church and possibly put her body in a coffin. But how easy would it be to open a coffin? Aren’t they sealed (it must have been as open coffin would have shown her). I don’t know anything about that stuff. Did they crowbar it open and what about resealing? So much to consider.
But oh so macabre.

• Sad

Here's Gerry being jovial a couple of days after his daughter was "taken".

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Is it true that Kate went for a haircut in Portugal when Maddie went missing? She had booked the appointment before Maddie went missing and then still attended, I don’t know if this is true though?

What gets me, and perhaps it shouldn’t, but myself and many others said if they had been a working class couple that worked in non professional jobs then the Social Work Dept would’ve swooped in and took the twins off of them as soon as they arrived back in the UK because they left her in an apartment and one that provided that listening service thing, I get that the McCanns have obviously punished themselves enough but they never looked like they were hurt enough, like I couldn’t eat or sleep or shower if that had happened to me, and yet they never had a hair out of place and nor did they cry, anyone ever see them cry? Kate also wrote a book going on about she and Gerry’s bleeping sex life! Ffs they haven’t made themselves look good at all.😡😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Is it true that Kate went for a haircut in Portugal when Maddie went missing? She had booked the appointment before Maddie went missing and then still attended, I don’t know if this is true though?

What gets me, and perhaps it shouldn’t, but myself and many others said if they had been a working class couple that worked in non professional jobs then the Social Work Dept would’ve swooped in and took the twins off of them as soon as they arrived back in the UK because they left her in an apartment and one that provided that listening service thing, I get that the McCanns have obviously punished themselves enough but they never looked like they were hurt enough, like I couldn’t eat or sleep or shower if that had happened to me, and yet they never had a hair out of place and nor did they cry, anyone ever see them cry? Kate also wrote a book going on about she and Gerry’s bleeping sex life! Ffs they haven’t made themselves look good at all.😡😡
I hate to quote the The Scum. They have always supported the McCanns.
But look at this headline.

Or this one...

Never once seen them call the McCanns feckless.

Compare to the tone of this ...

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Exactly!! Though Kate and Gerry weren’t described as ‘feckless’ were they?! God I hate this bleeping country.

Let’s email the Sun and ask them about these things?! They need telling! I’m so angry right now.

Reactions: 6
How/Why would they have keys to a church while on holiday?
The priest who befriended them,later said he wanted nothing more to do with them,had given them keys so they could reflect,have quiet time in the church whenever they wanted.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.