Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The front pages tomorrow are suggesting that the German police know more than they are letting on. Whether the new evidence is strong enough to charge this guy remains to be seen.

Reactions: 4
The front pages tomorrow are suggesting that the German police know more than they are letting on. Whether the new evidence is strong enough to charge this guy remains to be seen.
They've said it's only circumstantial ,no hard evidence makes you wonder what all this is for?

Reactions: 2
Loads of children do not get kidnapped - it is very very very rare for a child to be taken other than by a family member
You hear about parents that have killed their own children in the news and its absolutely horrifying and many times, there was no reason for it. We've seen parents who have reported their kids missing only to find out they knew where they were all along and did so for the money/fame it would bring them. Kidnappers do not discriminate. If they can kidnap someone who is their flesh and blood, they can kidnap a child off the street just as much. When money is the motive, kidnappers do not care who the child is. Its just who is the most accessible in that time which could be a child in the family but it could be a little boy/girl they see walking to the shop on their own.

Which leads me to ask: Why were Gerry and Kate given access to the funds in the case? I remember they defended themselves saying paying the mortgage was a necessity as they weren't working but thats not a good enough reason for me. They were both high paying professionals who have profited of Madeline going missing for YEARS. Surely they had savings? Surely they could've relied on family who would've been eager to help? Both came from quite well off families too. What about all the money they made off the books, TV appearances, rights to use their voices in these documentaries etc. Did all the money earned go to the fund or did that money go to funding their middle class lifestyle? There has never been any transparency in this case. Do they work now?

And those poor sibling as well, for their sake, I hope no one in their school knows of their relation to Madeline as I know teenagers can be cruel and her disappearance is very well documented.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Which leads me to ask: Why were Gerry and Kate given access to the funds in the case? I remember they defended themselves saying paying the mortgage was a necessity as they weren't working but thats not a good enough reason for me.
I forgot they did that.
You bet if my child was missing I would NOT be taking money out of a fund set in place to help find them. That's always bugged me so much, whether they're involved or not.

Reactions: 8
The fund wasn’t a charity and didn’t have to be managed as such. Anyone who gave money may as well have posted the cash through their letterbox.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I forgot they did that.
You bet if my child was missing I would NOT be taking money out of a fund set in place to help find them. That's always bugged me so much, whether they're involved or not.
Yep. Ive just done some research into what they do now and theres no clear answers.
Kate works for children charities but none are named and none have ever said anything about working for her. Gerry is now a Professor of Cardiology at University of Leicester who mainly does research and mentoring of postgrad students.

Reactions: 1
The fund wasn’t a charity and didn’t have to be managed as such. Anyone who gave money may as well have posted the cash through their letterbox.
What about now? Is it still a donation to them or part of a charity?

No idea. The thing that makes me think it is the point made upthread that the same news story came out last year.
They knew about it 3yrs ago ,it's strange this guy happens to be up for parole this week makes me think the Germans want to keep him inside ,he's obviously still a danger..

Seems the police are hunting for his Kosovan girlfriend ..

I remember At the time seeing on sky news that Gerrys sister said she expected Kate to be charged with accidental death. Look on you tube the clip still exists it was breaking news. Don’t know what happened to that story afterwards. I can’t link you tube to here her name is philomena enter that in the search bar on you tube.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I remember At the time seeing on sky news that Gerrys sister said she expected Kate to be charged with accidental death. Look on you tube the clip still exists it was breaking news. Don’t know what happened to that story afterwards. I can’t link you tube to here her name is philomena enter that in the search bar on you tube.
Why would she say that ?

I’ve just skim read a few pages as it’s 1am and I’m very familiar with this case. Do some people really believe she was taken by a nice childless couple that have raised her secretly in a loving home??? That’s the most bizarre of all the theories, wishful thinking maybe!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I’ve just skim read a few pages as it’s 1am and I’m very familiar with this case. Do some people really believe she was taken by a nice childless couple that have raised her secretly in a loving home??? That’s the most bizarre of all the theories, wishful thinking maybe!
I have to agree. Definitely wishful thinking. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yep. Ive just done some research into what they do now and theres no clear answers.
Kate works for children charities but none are named and none have ever said anything about working for her. Gerry is now a Professor of Cardiology at University of Leicester who mainly does research and mentoring of postgrad students.
kate works with people with dementia now apparently. Read it in an article yesterday.

Wouldn't it be great if it was the case ,look at all those kids in US that have turned up yrs after going missing..

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.