Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God knows - guilt and panic? Just from watching the doc (so I’m massively guessing here) but I can’t help but feel he has a temper and is controlling and his wife looks like a mother carrying a horrific secret whilst trying to feign to continue to search for her daughter - anyone else or am I projecting?
I think you’ve got a point I’m sure there was posts on a forum years ago where it was discussed that they were known to the police poss domestic violence

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Weren't they giving the kids something to make them sleep when they were out? Maybe gave her too much or possibly worried about giving how it would be conceived even if a safe dose, if it made her drowsy and to fall when left unsupervised. After all they are doctors
I be

I always though something happened earlier than what was reported a strong possibility of accidental death caused poss sedation fallen off sofa and a staged abduction to cover up what happened , what did they not want discovered !!! How would you manage to get 3 toddlers in bed and sleeping for 8pm!!! Eddie and Keela know their stuff! Dogs don’t lie!!! I remember it reported that a blue hold-all bag / case seemingly went missing there was crime photographs of what appeared to be a bag/case in the wardrobe
They claimed to be devout Catholics and were given a key to the church I believe it was used as a place they could discuss things in private. One theory was that the poor wee mite was place in a casket of an old lady whose body was lying in the church before the funeral and then taken to the only crematorium in the Algarve
pic of wardrobe

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The Blog that Gerry was so keen to add to everyday was a coded way of getting info out to the Tapas crew I think,No question in my mind she died there, I just cant decide if it was a fall or something more sinister.....The way he smirked in various interviews at the time was chilling.."Dupers Delight" is the term thats used by police....

Reactions: 3
God knows - guilt and panic? Just from watching the doc (so I’m massively guessing here) but I can’t help but feel he has a temper and is controlling and his wife looks like a mother carrying a horrific secret whilst trying to feign to continue to search for her daughter - anyone else or am I projecting?
I've spent the last few days listening to quite a lot of the Richard Hill videos and was just about to post the same. Have you watched the hidden confession ones where an expert analyses one of their interviews? It sounds bizarre but the analyst picks up on Kate's mention of (children) brushing teeth and says that mentioning teeth brushing is a sign that she is or has been abused (its so mundane that most people don't bother mentioning it). I also felt that in the interview where Gerry gets angry and says they can't talk about the investigation (he stands up, starts walking around, threatening to take off his mic and walk out), Kate is so calm, almost like she's in a trance, just no reaction at all, and it made me feel like she's learnt to do that when he's angry, do absolutely nothing that could aggravate him more. Even the way he has a hand on her when they walk makes me feel like he's reminding her that he's tgere, but not in a good way, more controlling. I do find it hard to believe that they'd keep up the pretence to such an extent, with fresh appeals, although one main thing that comes out of the interview analysis is that they believe (or know) she's already dead. They don't dwell on or even mention where she could be now, what she could be going through, what she might be feeling - they talk in past tense and its just not how parents of a missing child would think.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I've spent the last few days listening to quite a lot of the Richard Hill videos and was just about to post the same. Have you watched the hidden confession ones where an expert analyses one of their interviews? It sounds bizarre but the analyst picks up on Kate's mention of (children) brushing teeth and says that mentioning teeth brushing is a sign that she is or has been abused (its so mundane that most people don't bother mentioning it). I also felt that in the interview where Gerry gets angry and says they can't talk about the investigation (he stands up, starts walking around, threatening to take off his mic and walk out), Kate is so calm, almost like she's in a trance, just no reaction at all, and it made me feel like she's learnt to do that when he's angry, do absolutely nothing that could aggravate him more. Even the way he has a hand on her when they walk makes me feel like he's reminding her that he's tgere, but not in a good way, more controlling. I do find it hard to believe that they'd keep up the pretence to such an extent, with fresh appeals, although one main thing that comes out of the interview analysis is that they believe (or know) she's already dead. They don't dwell on or even mention where she could be now, what she could be going through, what she might be feeling - they talk in past tense and its just not how parents of a missing child would think.
Am watching the Richard Hill ones now - 😮

This is what I think happened.
They covered up an over dosage. It happened the day before they said she had been abducted.
Whoever administered the dose could be struck off.
They panicked. Lied and got carried along with the lying.

still there......

and the page has liked ...... https://www.facebook.com/encantatalent/?__tn__=,d-k-R&eid=ARBTYz4hMj4bSwwo_s9RwLJ6BonyVQIq1uGHxC5Rl_19Z9QithqcNAC-uhzryyjQQzwKu8er8q7WX2Kz

Encanta Talent - I see Andrea Maclean, Nick Knowles and Rob Rinder mentioned as being represented by them.

Dunno how long this has been online...... https://www.mandy.com/actor/profile/matthew-mcgreevy-1
represented by Sainou Talent Agency.

Yes that’s the missing bit - getting struck off was reason to cover up. Am with u 👌

Kate McCann’s oddly calm almost Zombie-like behaviour: she looked pretty doped up to me.

Valium or something similar?

Yes that’s the missing bit - getting struck off was reason to cover up. Am with u 👌
And they are all sticking together. Closing ranks to cover each other's backs.
We don't know who administered the dose and we don't know who knows what really happened.
Did all the holiday couples know? Are all of them covering - we don't know.

It's like the Schofield business - a cover-up to preserve a high level of income, status and lifestyle.
ITV cover for him because he is their cash cow.
Other presenters and Crew keep quiet to preserve their jobs and income.

In both cases, you never know, guilt may eventually make someone crack.

Kate McCann’s oddly calm almost Zombie-like behaviour: she looked pretty doped up to me.

Valium or something similar?
Looks like she's controlled by a narcissist.

Yes the trance like demeanour she had the same expression standing outside the police station when declared a formal suspect! ....when her and GM were interviewed holding hands it looked like it was used as tool of control to make sure she kept to his script .

[/if You haven’t yet read the Gasper statement!

Yes the trance like demeanour she had the same expression standing outside the police station when declared a formal suspect! ....when her and GM were interviewed holding hands it looked like it was used as tool of control to make sure she kept to his script .
And also when he gave his first statement he was interviewed alone.
When she gave hers, he insisted he would be in the room with her - and sat behind her with his hand touching her back.
Probably signalling or tapping her.
Amazing he was allowed in with her.

She was probably following orders when she said 'no comment' to the unanswered 48 questions because she couldn't be trusted not to say the wrong thing.

I know we are all different but all that tennis, jogging and shyte isn't my idea of a holiday in the sunshine.
Why couldn't they just doss about and eat crap for a fortnight like normal people?

• Wow
And also when he gave his first statement he was interviewed alone.
When she gave hers, he insisted he would be in the room with her - and sat behind her with his hand touching her back.
Probably signalling or tapping her.
Amazing he was allowed in with her.

She was probably following orders when she said 'no comment' to the unanswered 48 questions because she couldn't be trusted not to say the wrong thing.
You can see what looks like finger tip bruising on her upper arm

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Will do! Thx

You can see what looks like finger tip bruising on her upper arm
And then there's the bruises on her wrists which she put down to banging them when upset in the hours immediately following their discovery that M had been taken, but discussions elsewhere about how the colour of them in photos the next day would indicate a few days old. Unlikely that anyone would bang wrists in frustration; hands/fists, yes, but wrists? They are a restraining injury. IMO the most likely explanation is that she was restrained by someone (Gerry) when she was hysterical on discovering M was gone OR dead. The colouring of the bruises is then very relevant, if they indeed weren't fresh. And why not admit she had to be restrained? Why not include in her book that she (Kate) needed sedating? Wouldn't that be pretty much expected under the circumstances?

A question then on wrist banging. It is a common form of self-harm, I have now read (very sad). Is it something someone who did not have any history of self-harming would suddenly do after a traumatic episode? I still find it hard to imagine that in a state of panic/anger/frustration having just lost my child, that is what I would do, bang my wrists. Bang my head, fists, hit, kick, punch... probably... but wrists... not what I would instictively do. So then the question is whether Kate likely had some kind of history of self-harming? And does it matter?

Weren't they giving the kids something to make them sleep when they were out? Maybe gave her too much or possibly worried about giving how it would be conceived even if a safe dose, if it made her drowsy and to fall when left unsupervised. After all they are doctors
They must have done that, yes, because Kate was worried about how deeply the twins were sleeping after Madeleine 'went missing' that she kept checking on their breathing and the children had been crying the night before when they were left on their own - so it seems likely the children were given something to make sure they slept through the night.

Ive followed this case very closely from 2007 ,and am in several Maddie groups ,I've not watched this documentary as members have said its one sided ( The Mcs side, not Maddies side) PR for the McCanns and the true facts of the case are well hidden

I'm at the end of episode one. Theory time.

I think Kate has done it. Maybe drugged her or shook her to death. She put her in the car and when they went out searching on their own the next morning, they dumped the body.

Let's see how my opinion change as we go on.
Kate openly admits in an interview with BBCs Kate Hill she never went out to search ,even on night one

Just this woman’s observation :- ( and only following on from a situation when there was no third party involved)
If he had a controlling personality and he had been responsible surely his wife would have never forgiven him and have left him. Maybe not immediately, maybe not for a long time, but eventually. However, if death had been the result of her fault or her error I would imagine he would be willing to retain that control (maybe disguised as protectIon) and the truth would never come out.

A possible big reason for keeping up a pretence would be the fund that was set up! how fraudulent would that be especially when our sympathetic public and celebrities were donating to it . Note it was a fund and not a charity that was set up!!!

Ive followed this case very closely from 2007 ,and am in several Maddie groups ,I've not watched this documentary as members have said its one sided ( The Mcs side, not Maddies side) PR for the McCanns and the true facts of the case are well hidden

Kate openly admits in an interview with BBCs Kate Hill she never went out to search ,even on night one
I don’t think the car was hired until after Maddie was declared missing!

I'm tempted to watch. I actually live close to the village where they live, there's still a lot of cars with Find Madeleine stickers driving around and I was once in the same queue at checkout in the local shop as Mr McCann. I certainly did a double take. Not sure I want to watch lots of episodes though?!
The Baptisa I visited it too they have seats outside where you can have a coffee. I arrived the day the British detectives arrived with the dogs after the investigation had reopened

Last edited: