Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yip! Deffo important to keep talking about Madeleine .... her siblings are now at an age that they will be able to surf the net and ask questions in another few years they will be old enough to leave home and be free to form their own opinions and so will all the Tapa’s children
How old are the twins now? I have always felt sorry for them.

Well they are cold as ice,the only way it would ever be revealed is a strange scenario with one of the Tapas crew.until I read the statements and saw the Docu I wasnt sure they all knew,but the contradictions,tongue tided slips ups are obvious...no..I think a jilted partner out for revenge,Nosy friend is most likely to give the game up...I always wondered if any of them were secretly recorded or bugged...
Surely one of the friends will snap at some point if in fact it is all a cover up?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
How old are the twins now? I have always felt sorry for them.
They must be 13 now. K and G once said they were asked at school about them being involved in her disappearance, so I'm sure its something they'll have had to have talked about, it won't come as a shock to them if they surf the internet that there are these theories, but who are they going to believe?

Surely one of the friends will snap at some point if in fact it is all a cover up?
Surely they can't all be in on it, if there was a cover up? I think the cover up for most if not all of them was to protect themselves as well as K and G against the press and the public knowing that children had been left unattended with doors left unlocked, and possibly sedating them so they could all have evenings out together. I doubt very much it was just K and G doing that, they will have talked about it and they are intelligent people who know that's not really going to be seen as acceptable behaviour. One of the police interviews had a comment by the Portugese police that leaving children alone while on holiday is considered 'normal' in our culture, so that's clearly the tack they took: "yeah, yeah, EVERYONE does that, its not negligent, it wouldn't be considered bad by the British police... let's move on".

Last edited:
it was medised.. i used it once when my elsest (whose same age as Madeleine McCann)had a real bad time with teething / viral infection. she wouldnt take it off a spoon so i put it in her dessert. one spoonful of food which prob had a small drop of it in was enough for her to sleep 15 hours !
never used it for ny yojngest born in 2008 too as age ljmit was increase to 2 then 5 by time she was born . now withdrawn probably as i heard of people using it to get kids to sleep !
i think the travel medicine you had was called fenigan ..you could only het on prescription here. my friend's mumnused to say about people using it on long haul flights.
im certain they drugged all of them and gave poor Madeleine to much
Id never heard of medised, my son had phenagon 20 yrs ago and the dictor prescribed the wrong dosage, my goodness I thought my child wasn’t going to wake up.
I don’t understand why parents go on holiday and don’t accept they’re not going to get time to themselves unless there’s a kids club. I find it hard to believe she was taken, like how did someone fully know those kids were alone. But on the other hand if she did die in that apartment how did they get rid of her body. My head just goes around in circles, I don’t think we’ll ever know the actual truth,

Reactions: 3
The "comment" from the friend is actually a police statement. The fact that this woman felt so strongly about her gut instincts that something untoward was going on with dr David Payne and his relations to kids is something to take seriously and not dismiss just on the basis he is also a father and in a respected career. Pedofiles come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. It's not always the creepy loner lurking in the shadows. Of course we can't directly accuse someone of being that way inclined without evidence so I can't say anymore on it. However Dr Gaspar had her reasons and cleared her conscience by informing the police even if it meant people turned on her.
I don't know if dr Payne is part of the Freemasons but Gerry is and they as a secret and powerful organisation are superior at coving things up. So to, @Apple In My Pie don't disregard your first comment on here, you had valid points. We all need to keep an open mind. What may seem incomprehensible and ghastly to us may be well in the capabilities of another individual.

Regarding the comment Kate made regarding her fearing her daughters "perfect genitals" being torn apart, I've just had a thought. If maddie was to have been found in the early days and a post mortem was carried out and it was shown that she had been a victim of child molestation/rape this comment would set the foundations that this must have happened after she was missing, by the "kidnapper" and in no way before.

Sorry if any of these thoughts offend of thing isn't far fetched or a conspiracy theory, it's their reality. Again just to clarify I am not outright calling anyone a pedofile, just going by a police statement by a concerned mother/family friend who knew these people. I know there was speculation about Gerry and child abuse images but I can't really delve into that, but I think it's important not to immediately dismiss it and it's good that other people on here are bringing it to others attention.
Phenergan - yes - that was it! And Medised, yes, our children must be about the same age :)

When I read/listen/watch, there's so much that makes me feel like at the very least it wasn't quite as they made out, but then I find it so hard to believe that as parents they could continue with such a huge lie. I mean, not just to the general public, but to the twins who will never be able to properly grieve their sister, and to their wider family. I find it beyond comprehension that they could carry that out and one or both of them not confess. And to dispose of her body somehow, possibly weeks later... could any parent do that...?

I do think its highly probable that they sedated the children, and I do believe that they have lied repeatedly to try to make it sound less neglectful. I find it really hard to comprehend that they left the sliding doors unlocked, and possibly the front door unlocked as well, and at first they didn't admit to any of that so they knew that on its own was awful, and that's why they created the lie that the shutters had been broken, to cover themselves. I do think that they believe strongly that she is dead. It is possible that she died in the apartment but not at their hands, and they aren't as in denial about the reliability of the dogs as they have made out. It is possible that there was more than one intruder and one passed M through the window to the other (alive or dead).

I'm wondering if the suggestion of Calpol came from foreign media that didn't realise its just paracetamol?
sorry for the terrible spelling in last post was on the train writing it ..fat fingers ! yes our children must be of similar ages 🙂

i definitely think they must have been drugging them. who puts children to bed all in the same room and they go to sleep at 7ish on holiday. Holidays are normally a time when routines go out the window. the fact the twins never woke up when there must have been people in and out of that room after it was discovered Madeleine had gone talking turning lights on, opening doors etc.

i never understood why they even took the kids on holiday with them in the first place. they we put in creche most of the day so mum and Dad could do sports then put to bed and left so they could have child free meals of an evening. Hardly a family holiday!
and that all of those adults left their children unattended in unlocked rooms while they wined and dined..no way did they check on them every 20 mins. they have been up and down like yoyos.

there are so many things about them that are odd. the lack of emotion, they never joined the searches, playing tennis whilst police and public searched for your child, leaving your other children in an unlocked room when raising alarm your daughter had been taken. swaning of to see the Pope leaving twins behind. saying that they did nothing wrong in leaving 3 young children alone in an unlocked apartment!

i wonder if the truth will ever come out.

Reactions: 5
For what it’s worth, here’s my thoughts:

The parents were neglectful. However, I see similar behaviour on holiday every summer.

The crime has been treated differently to others as her parents were middle class and she is white and pretty

The crime scene was very poorly managed from the start with valuable time lost

I think the parents behaviour in press conferences isn’t odd - it’s easy to fake tears. I think a GP is trained to hold in emotion and she’s just a cold person

I think Kate and Gerry were somehow complicit in paedophile behaviour and realised that she had been abducted to order. They couldn’t tell all as this would implicate them but they know much more.

However, I think if she had been killed by them or if they had covered up and accidental death then I don’t think they would keep themselves in the limelight as they have done. It’s just too much pressure. People say they enjoy it but they are generally vilified – how would anyone enjoy that?

Reactions: 1
I know everyone is different but I just cannot get my head around the idea that they thought she would be safe in an unlocked room by herself while they were sitting in a bar, no matter how close the bar was. 3 year old girls are so inquisitive, there was always a chance she could have walked out the door without them knowing a thing. When I’m on holiday my kids are never out of my sight, they even sleep in the same room as me 😂 neurotic I know but it keeps me at ease.

I don’t know what happened but I don’t believe their version of events at all. The most likely I think is that she died in the apartment and they got rid of her body.

...leaving your other children in an unlocked room when raising alarm your daughter had been taken.
Yes, this bugs me, that she ran back to where Gerry and the group were sat. If they were that close then wouldn't you just scream across from the sliding doors of the apartment? It was only 50 metres. At the very least I think it proves that you couldn't see the sliding doors from the table at the tapas restaurant and vice versa. At that point surely Kate would have been searching the immediate vicinity? I don't know what I believe, but it just seems odd that she instantly thought Madelaine had been taken having seen an open window, and yet she left the twins there. Surely you'd be on high alert of possible threat at that point, and would instinctively want to keep your other children safe?

Reactions: 6

Okay so this is my rabbit hole of the day... I'm not sure if its been on this thread already or I saw it on another forum, but Jane Tanner suddenly mentions during a reconstruction that Kate had moaned how long Gerry had been watching the football, something that had never been said before in any of the police interviews, and Gerry quickly interrupts to contradict her on where he was standing when she'd seen him. Now I thought it would be interesting to see if there was any big football matches on that night and it turns out that the UEFA Cup Semi-Finals were on, both with 20:45 kick offs, with mainly Spanish teams (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006–07_UEFA_Cup_knockout_stage) so would no doubt have been on Portugese television. In addition, the final was due to take place a couple of weeks later in Glasgow, Gerry's home city where he grew up, studied medicine, worked for many years and met Kate, so it seems very likely that he would be interested and following them - perhaps he even intended going to the final. In addition, and this is where the rabbit hole comes in, it turns out that Gerry worked at Celtic Football Club, possibly on a voluntary or consultative basis rather than employed, during the 1990s as a physio or in some other medical capacity (seems he gave medical checks to new players).

So why is that relevant...? Well Celtic was at the centre of child sexual abuse scandel, with Celtic Boys Club founder Jim Torbett jailed in 1998 for abuse that took place between 1967-74, but abuse allegations were first made back in 1974 and he was allowed to return to the club in 1980 and continue the abuse until 1996 for which he was found guilty in 2018 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-46098908). I'm not saying that Gerry was involved in any way with the abuse that took place (although I know there's lots of talk about his possible involvement with paedophile rings), but he would have been very aware of all of this and would not have wanted any risk of being associated with it in some way. I just think this is another example of how calculated and planned the stories of the Tapas lot were, and that Gerry clearly wasn't leaving anything to chance. He said that he spent a long time in the toilet when he went back to the apartment, but why didn't he just admit that he switched the TV on and watched a bit of football?

The Madeline McCann documentary talks about so much irrelevant tit, I want to know where the bleep is not what the algarve looked like in 1920

Reactions: 2
If this was an abduction presumably they would have been watching the property? The abducters would have known which children were in the apartment. I think it's been mentioned before but the most likely child to abduct would have been one of the twins. I'm starting to think this wasn't an abduction. My gut instinct is she was accidentally overdosed on a sleeping drug. What happened after that I'm not too sure.

Reactions: 6
So I started reading this thread then fell into the Youtube labyrinth of Richard Hall and Peter Hyatt's videos, and now listening to the Maddie podcast.

I'm becoming pretty convinced that the McCann's were sedating their children (probably with something quite potent, the discovery of which would cause their career to be in peril). An antihistamine alone wouldn't knock out the twins to the extent they were. I think they were using opiates or benzos and using their medical knowledge to guide the dosing.
I think either Madeleine was overdosed, or, more likely (as it explains the blood in the apartment), she was underdosed, woke up, climbed up onto the sofa and Madeleine fell from a height while intoxicated and suffered a fatal injury, probably a head injury.
I think by the time they discovered her she was clearly beyond help and they knew that a postmortem would reveal drugs in her system.
The McCann's risked losing their children, their careers and their reputation, so they concealed her death and concocted the idea that she was abducted.
I found the statement analysis made by Peter Hyatt to be the most convincing evidence. I always found Gerry to be quite disingenuous, and he seems to have some narcissistic tendencies. I think he was a dominating character and Kate bent to his will. The statement analysis crystallised this for me.
I agree with all you say apart from the Gerry is the dominating one, I believe Kate is ,she's so cold and unfeeling and he's her puppet ,who's podcasts have you listened to ?

I think they know exactly what happened to Madeline. I can’t get my head around how they would have moved her body and where they would have buried her that she’s never been found. Think if that’s what they did then it would have been done and dusted before they went for that last meal.
I really can’t think that the other people at the table actually know what’s happened otherwise surely one of them would have cracked? I agree with whoever said they are covering their own guilt and maybe at the time believed the addiction story.
all the children on that holiday will be old e To have been googling all this now, I wonder what they think of their parents, or if they are still young enough to blindly believe what they have been told. But when they grow old and jaded and cynical what will they think then?
Are they all still in touch?
Gerry’s career has thrived and he seems to have led a charmed life since. Kate must be living a hideous half life having to live with whatever it is that she knows.
No part of my believes she was abducted. I just can’t see how her body hasn’t been discovered though, what did they do with her??

Sorry about all the typos I wrote it so fast

Reactions: 7
I think they know exactly what happened to Madeline. I can’t get my head around how they would have moved her body and where they would have buried her that she’s never been found. Think if that’s what they did then it would have been done and dusted before they went for that last meal.
I really can’t think that the other people at the table actually know what’s happened otherwise surely one of them would have cracked? I agree with whoever said they are covering their own guilt and maybe at the time believed the addiction story.
all the children on that holiday will be old e To have been googling all this now, I wonder what they think of their parents, or if they are still young enough to blindly believe what they have been told. But when they grow old and jaded and cynical what will they think then?
Gerry’s career has thrived and he seems to have led a charmed life since. Kate must be living a hideous half life having to live with whatever it is that she knows.
No part of my believes she was abducted. I just can’t see how her body hasn’t been discovered though, what did they do with her??

I actually think the theory of cremation by putting her body in with another body is possible. I also wonder about the fridge that Gerry 'replaced' - where did that go?

Okay so this is my rabbit hole of the day... I'm not sure if its been on this thread already or I saw it on another forum, but Jane Tanner suddenly mentions during a reconstruction that Kate had moaned how long Gerry had been watching the football, something that had never been said before in any of the police interviews, and Gerry quickly interrupts to contradict her on where he was standing when she'd seen him. Now I thought it would be interesting to see if there was any big football matches on that night and it turns out that the UEFA Cup Semi-Finals were on, both with 20:45 kick offs, with mainly Spanish teams (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006–07_UEFA_Cup_knockout_stage) so would no doubt have been on Portugese television. In addition, the final was due to take place a couple of weeks later in Glasgow, Gerry's home city where he grew up, studied medicine, worked for many years and met Kate, so it seems very likely that he would be interested and following them - perhaps he even intended going to the final. In addition, and this is where the rabbit hole comes in, it turns out that Gerry worked at Celtic Football Club, possibly on a voluntary or consultative basis rather than employed, during the 1990s as a physio or in some other medical capacity (seems he gave medical checks to new players).

So why is that relevant...? Well Celtic was at the centre of child sexual abuse scandel, with Celtic Boys Club founder Jim Torbett jailed in 1998 for abuse that took place between 1967-74, but abuse allegations were first made back in 1974 and he was allowed to return to the club in 1980 and continue the abuse until 1996 for which he was found guilty in 2018 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-46098908). I'm not saying that Gerry was involved in any way with the abuse that took place (although I know there's lots of talk about his possible involvement with paedophile rings), but he would have been very aware of all of this and would not have wanted any risk of being associated with it in some way. I just think this is another example of how calculated and planned the stories of the Tapas lot were, and that Gerry clearly wasn't leaving anything to chance. He said that he spent a long time in the toilet when he went back to the apartment, but why didn't he just admit that he switched the TV on and watched a bit of football?
working from home today so listening and watching this...
Jane Tanner is no better parent than Kate and Gerry in my eyes..who leaves an unwell child alone in a room whilst you eat out? what a selfish uncaring tit mother she is !
I still think the irish family who saw the man carrying the child did see Gerry with Madeleine. they said the way he held the child was unusual which is why they noticed it and then when they saw the news when back in Ireland they saw GM getting off a plane - he was carrying one of the twins the same way.

Reactions: 4
Jane Tanner is no better parent than Kate and Gerry in my eyes..who leaves an unwell child alone in a room whilst you eat out? what a selfish uncaring tit mother she is !
She didn't, her and her partner were taking it in turns to look after the unwell child, so she was on her way back to relieve him, he got back to the table at 9.30 or 9.45.

I suppose the quickest way to do that in a holiday location is dispose of a body in the water (weighted down). Has its risks of being discovered but probably less so than being spotted digging a grave.

Did anyone ever watch the bbc drama the cry? It really reminded me of Madeline! I hope one day they admit to what happened but I won’t hold my breath 😞

I actually think the theory of cremation by putting her body in with another body is possible. I also wonder about the fridge that Gerry 'replaced' - where did that go?
Yes the fridge if memory serves me correct I remember posters on a forum discussing that Gerry seemingly mentioned the fridge and taking it to the dump in his blog then subsequently deleting it! ... I can believe the deleting of posts as I read one where he was thanking the British ambassador of the algarve and that part of the post was deleted the next time I read it ... in my opinion his blog was away of getting codes out.

Amaral said that hair found in the hire car proved the body had been either frozen or refrigerated

I
I suppose the quickest way to do that in a holiday location is dispose of a body in the water (weighted down). Has its risks of being discovered but probably less so than being spotted digging a grave.
IMO this is where Maddie body was disposed off, Huelva has natural acid baths ............. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1564401/Madeleine-McCann-Parents-suspicious-trip.html

I still think the irish family who saw the man carrying the child did see Gerry with Madeleine. they said the way he held the child was unusual which is why they noticed it and then when they saw the news when back in Ireland they saw GM getting off a plane - he was carrying one of the twins the same way.
I have walked down the street that Tanner claimed she saw someone carrying a child ( later debunked by Scotland Yard ) it is 100% impossible to pass someone without them seeing each other as Gerry claimed had happened ...My theory on Tanner has always been ,she was Gerrys lookout when he was moving Maddies body, she didn't see Watkins walking his baby ,Gerry nearly got caught, so he placed Maddies body in the flower bed ( cadaver scent found here ) and he casually walked over to chat to Watkins to stop himself looking suspicious, for letting Mcs down she offers to lie about seeing the "abductor"

Last edited:
Reactions: 4