Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A possible big reason for keeping up a pretence would be the fund that was set up! how fraudulent would that be especially when our sympathetic public and celebrities were donating to it . Note it was a fund and not a charity that was set up!!!

I don’t think the car was hired until after Maddie was declared missing!

The Baptisa I visited it too they have seats outside where you can have a coffee. I arrived the day the British detectives arrived with the dogs after the investigation had reopened
The car was hired 25 days after Maddie demise

Reactions: 1
I believe it was an accidental death, Gerry was seen by the Smith family carrying her towards the ocean. I've no idea why they had to hide her body though. I think she climbed up onto the sofa to reach the window ledge and fell onto the tiled floor. Why cover up an accident?
Maybe because a very through autopsy would be done on a child and there would be signs of abuse or drugs in system that they didn’t want to be discovered

Reactions: 5
Maybe because a very through autopsy would be done on a child and there would be signs of abuse or drugs in system that they didn’t want to be discovered
I'm positive that’s why they didn’t want her body found. The autopsy would have shown internal signs of abuse. Sickening feeling in my stomach about that.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I wonder if towards the end of their lives they will ever confess

Reactions: 2
I believe it was an accidental death, Gerry was seen by the Smith family carrying her towards the ocean. I've no idea why they had to hide her body though. I think she climbed up onto the sofa to reach the window ledge and fell onto the tiled floor. Why cover up an accident?
This is the theory I’ve always had. Climbed up onto the couch which was pulled a little away from the window, fell down behind it and died. Parents tried to cover it up because they’re scumbag humans.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My theory was always that they’d given her something as a sedation to help her sleep, gave her too much and disposed of her body after they found her.
The idea of kidnap makes me feel sick, knowing what would have likely happened to her. The only possible ‘nice’ outcome in that scenario is if she was kidnapped by a desperate childless couple who have loved and cared for her.

Reactions: 3
My theory was always that they’d given her something as a sedation to help her sleep, gave her too much and disposed of her body after they found her.
The idea of kidnap makes me feel sick, knowing what would have likely happened to her. The only possible ‘nice’ outcome in that scenario is if she was kidnapped by a desperate childless couple who have loved and cared for her.
There was absolutely no kidnap. Ask the dogs. For those willing to listen they have proved what happened to that precious soul. The circumstances of how it happened of course are very valid discussion and it’s important to keep talking about her so that she will hopefully one day get justice.

ETA - Remember Gerald Maccan’s infamous smug “Ask the dogs, Sandra” 🤬

There was absolutely no kidnap. Ask the dogs. For those willing to listen they have proved what happened to that precious soul. The circumstances of how it happened of course are very valid discussion and it’s important to keep talking about her so that she will hopefully one day get justice.

ETA - Remember Gerald Maccan’s infamous smug “Ask the dogs, Sandra” 🤬
Yip! Deffo important to keep talking about Madeleine .... her siblings are now at an age that they will be able to surf the net and ask questions in another few years they will be old enough to leave home and be free to form their own opinions and so will all the Tapa’s children

Very unlikely. It will be a paedophile ring. They're rife in Thailand, lot of western men to go there to shag children. Let's hope is was just an accident, prime you say, a childless couple.

• Angry
The suggestion of Calpol seems bizarre to me. There was a well known medicine at the time which was for children with colds and had an anti-histamine in it, which makes children very drowsey. I remember because I gave it to my youngest but then it was disallowed by the time I had my second in 2008 and I was a bit annoyed even though I knew it was probably with very good reason. I hasten to add that I only used it when she was genuinely ill, but it did knock her out for the night. I remember my parents giving us something similar when we travelled, just to get us settled in strange places - we were living abroad where it was freely sold, and I can remember my mum arguing with a UK pharmacist who wouldn't sell it to her for the purpose that she was openly using it for. I think it was actually a travel sickness medicine, I can even remember the taste which was quite pleasant! And these people are doctors so would know what they could use safely, and in my experience doctors push the boundaries on dosage as they know what's written on the box can be doubled (2 x dr brother-in-laws).

I actually think it looks like he and the sister have been added in rather than her. The background in the picture on Kate's dresser looks the same. There's something odd about his legs, like he was sat on a chair not pool-side.
I had another look into 'the last photo' and the photo seen on Kate's dresser, and I found the photo used in a powerpoint by Kate and Gerry in 2008 clearly without Gerrry and younger sister in it (much more empty background, no elbows) but with quite a bit of fuzz around her hat, and from this I've come to the conclusion that it is more likely the McCann's liked the photo of Madelaine and wanted that picture of her but without Gerry/sister so actually the individual photo (without elbows) is the photoshopped one, not the group photo.

So I started reading this thread then fell into the Youtube labyrinth of Richard Hall and Peter Hyatt's videos, and now listening to the Maddie podcast.

I'm becoming pretty convinced that the McCann's were sedating their children (probably with something quite potent, the discovery of which would cause their career to be in peril). An antihistamine alone wouldn't knock out the twins to the extent they were. I think they were using opiates or benzos and using their medical knowledge to guide the dosing.
I think either Madeleine was overdosed, or, more likely (as it explains the blood in the apartment), she was underdosed, woke up, climbed up onto the sofa and Madeleine fell from a height while intoxicated and suffered a fatal injury, probably a head injury.
I think by the time they discovered her she was clearly beyond help and they knew that a postmortem would reveal drugs in her system.
The McCann's risked losing their children, their careers and their reputation, so they concealed her death and concocted the idea that she was abducted.
I found the statement analysis made by Peter Hyatt to be the most convincing evidence. I always found Gerry to be quite disingenuous, and he seems to have some narcissistic tendencies. I think he was a dominating character and Kate bent to his will. The statement analysis crystallised this for me.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
yes, the now discontinued over the counter liquid medication is Medised. A mild remedy which contained a drowsy antihistamine and paracetamol. It was marketed as a cold relief, paracetamol for any aches and pains, or reducing a temperature, plus antihistamine to dry up any mucous and help them sleep. Lots of parents used it safely for years.

The idea of calpol being a sleep aid is pretty nonsensical. It is liquid paracemol. It does not contain any sedative ingredients at all. The only way it would help a child sleep is by easing any pain or reducing a fever that may be keeping them awake.

(edited as I quoted the wrong post)

• Wow
So I started reading this thread then fell into the Youtube labyrinth of Richard Hall and Peter Hyatt's videos, and now listening to the Maddie podcast.

I'm becoming pretty convinced that the McCann's were sedating their children (probably with something quite potent, the discovery of which would cause their career to be in peril). An antihistamine alone wouldn't knock out the twins to the extent they were. I think they were using opiates or benzos and using their medical knowledge to guide the dosing.
I think either Madeleine was overdosed, or, more likely (as it explains the blood in the apartment), she was underdosed, woke up, climbed up onto the sofa and Madeleine fell from a height while intoxicated and suffered a fatal injury, probably a head injury.
I think by the time they discovered her she was clearly beyond help and they knew that a postmortem would reveal drugs in her system.
The McCann's risked losing their children, their careers and their reputation, so they concealed her death and concocted the idea that she was abducted.
I found the statement analysis made by Peter Hyatt to be the most convincing evidence. I always found Gerry to be quite disingenuous, and he seems to have some narcissistic tendencies. I think he was a dominating character and Kate bent to his will. The statement analysis crystallised this for me.
All of their reactions, facial expressions and body language scream guilty to me but for some reason I question my instinct? I agree with all of the above and after watching the biased, inconclusive doco I’m going with my gut, guilty

There was no kidnap, I fully believe that. She’s not going to turn up in 20 years time because she is dead. I just hope justice is served one day although I don’t see how it ever can be.

• Sad
There was no kidnap, I fully believe that. She’s not going to turn up in 20 years time because she is dead. I just hope justice is served one day although I don’t see how it ever can be.
Yeah unless anyone confessing it’s not going to be solved

Yeah unless anyone confessing it’s not going to be solved
Too bad they’re rich, white, affluent doctors because if they’d been poor and/or any other colour they’d have been dragged over the coals

Reactions: 9
The suggestion of Calpol seems bizarre to me. There was a well known medicine at the time which was for children with colds and had an anti-histamine in it, which makes children very drowsey. I remember because I gave it to my youngest but then it was disallowed by the time I had my second in 2008 and I was a bit annoyed even though I knew it was probably with very good reason. I hasten to add that I only used it when she was genuinely ill, but it did knock her out for the night. I remember my parents giving us something similar when we travelled, just to get us settled in strange places - we were living abroad where it was freely sold, and I can remember my mum arguing with a UK pharmacist who wouldn't sell it to her for the purpose that she was openly using it for. I think it was actually a travel sickness medicine, I can even remember the taste which was quite pleasant! And these people are doctors so would know what they could use safely, and in my experience doctors push the boundaries on dosage as they know what's written on the box can be doubled (2 x dr brother-in-laws).

I actually think it looks like he and the sister have been added in rather than her. The background in the picture on Kate's dresser looks the same. There's something odd about his legs, like he was sat on a chair not pool-side.
it was medised.. i used it once when my elsest (whose same age as Madeleine McCann)had a real bad time with teething / viral infection. she wouldnt take it off a spoon so i put it in her dessert. one spoonful of food which prob had a small drop of it in was enough for her to sleep 15 hours !
never used it for ny yojngest born in 2008 too as age ljmit was increase to 2 then 5 by time she was born . now withdrawn probably as i heard of people using it to get kids to sleep !
i think the travel medicine you had was called fenigan ..you could only het on prescription here. my friend's mumnused to say about people using it on long haul flights.
im certain they drugged all of them and gave poor Madeleine to much

it was medised.. i used it once when my elsest (whose same age as Madeleine McCann)had a real bad time with teething / viral infection. she wouldnt take it off a spoon so i put it in her dessert. one spoonful of food which prob had a small drop of it in was enough for her to sleep 15 hours !
never used it for ny yojngest born in 2008 too as age ljmit was increase to 2 then 5 by time she was born . now withdrawn probably as i heard of people using it to get kids to sleep !
i think the travel medicine you had was called fenigan ..you could only het on prescription here. my friend's mumnused to say about people using it on long haul flights.
im certain they drugged all of them and gave poor Madeleine to much
Phenergan - yes - that was it! And Medised, yes, our children must be about the same age :)

When I read/listen/watch, there's so much that makes me feel like at the very least it wasn't quite as they made out, but then I find it so hard to believe that as parents they could continue with such a huge lie. I mean, not just to the general public, but to the twins who will never be able to properly grieve their sister, and to their wider family. I find it beyond comprehension that they could carry that out and one or both of them not confess. And to dispose of her body somehow, possibly weeks later... could any parent do that...?

I do think its highly probable that they sedated the children, and I do believe that they have lied repeatedly to try to make it sound less neglectful. I find it really hard to comprehend that they left the sliding doors unlocked, and possibly the front door unlocked as well, and at first they didn't admit to any of that so they knew that on its own was awful, and that's why they created the lie that the shutters had been broken, to cover themselves. I do think that they believe strongly that she is dead. It is possible that she died in the apartment but not at their hands, and they aren't as in denial about the reliability of the dogs as they have made out. It is possible that there was more than one intruder and one passed M through the window to the other (alive or dead).

yes, the now discontinued over the counter liquid medication is Medised. A mild remedy which contained a drowsy antihistamine and paracetamol. It was marketed as a cold relief, paracetamol for any aches and pains, or reducing a temperature, plus antihistamine to dry up any mucous and help them sleep. Lots of parents used it safely for years.

The idea of calpol being a sleep aid is pretty nonsensical. It is liquid paracemol. It does not contain any sedative ingredients at all. The only way it would help a child sleep is by easing any pain or reducing a fever that may be keeping them awake.

(edited as I quoted the wrong post)
I'm wondering if the suggestion of Calpol came from foreign media that didn't realise its just paracetamol?

Last edited:
Well they are cold as ice,the only way it would ever be revealed is a strange scenario with one of the Tapas crew.until I read the statements and saw the Docu I wasnt sure they all knew,but the contradictions,tongue tided slips ups are obvious...no..I think a jilted partner out for revenge,Nosy friend is most likely to give the game up...I always wondered if any of them were secretly recorded or bugged...