Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The twins were in a travel cot. No way at that age would they have been able to climb out to escape away
Well they were 2, travel cots are for up to 24 months and a 2 year old could easily get out. All 4 of mine could at that age (I’m aware some kids don’t try)
But none of it makes sense regardless. Leaving doors open so sleeping infants can escape if there was a fire whilst they were unattended is the biggest load of bollocks I ever heard. I think these people were just the equivalent of the ‘wine o clock’ brigade now. So basically just half pissed most of the time and talking tit.

Reactions: 6
If there was a fire toddlers wouldn’t have a clue what to do

Reactions: 4
If there was a fire toddlers wouldn’t have a clue what to do
Also when I had the fire brigade round to do awareness with my disabled child, they said that toddlers do not respond to fire alarms and rarely wake. They are not tuned like adults to be disturbed by the frequency of noise. So how the devil were these young infants supposed to even wake in the event of a fire, to escape through the open doors. #shiteparents

Reactions: 3
I think they got complacent, people will try something once out of laziness and keep doing it no matter how dangerous and stupid (i've seen people do utterly stupid things at previous jobs e.g. in nursing using 2 people lifting equipment themselves and in catering where folk cleaned meat slicers without turning it off and moving the motors themselves). None of the tapas 7 said anything to them leaving toddlers unsupervised ( i'm guessing they were doing it too?)

I'm not condoning their behaviour but me and my siblings were left alone when my parents were going to the pub ( not under 3 though ) and they'd call the house phone. Door was unlocked so we could get out if there was an accident.

I think they got complacent, people will try something once out of laziness and keep doing it no matter how dangerous and stupid (i've seen people do utterly stupid things at previous jobs e.g. in nursing using 2 people lifting equipment themselves and in catering where folk cleaned meat slicers without turning it off and moving the motors themselves). None of the tapas 7 said anything to them leaving toddlers unsupervised ( i'm guessing they were doing it too?)

I'm not condoning their behaviour but me and my siblings were left alone when my parents were going to the pub ( not under 3 though ) and they'd call the house phone. Door was unlocked so we could get out if there was an accident.
I understood that most of the tapas 7 were doing the same. Hence why they took it in turns to do rounds checking on the children. So yes all doing the same.
@gieitlaldy your parents were negligent and that’s not acceptable. Choosing a pub and drinking over looking after your children is unacceptable. A babysitter or children old enough to babysit are the normal requirements for decent parents going out to drink.

• Sad
Reactions: 8

This is an interesting read about the last photo (sorry if it's been shared before!)

• Wow
Reactions: 2

This is an interesting read about the last photo (sorry if it's been shared before!)
Iv always thought that pic looked odd. Like she just been added in.

Reactions: 1
The small black line behind the twin is quite obviously the tile with the pool depth measurements on. The black line is probably just a shadow since it’s raised or the angle of the photo shows the black text on the tile as a line 🙄

My cousin is an iridologist and she said the thing with Maddies eye is often something she sees with people who have been sexually abused
My niece has this same Mark in her eye and if I can assure you of one thing it’s that she’s never been abused

Calpol has the opposite effect on my kids! 😂🙈
The suggestion of Calpol seems bizarre to me. There was a well known medicine at the time which was for children with colds and had an anti-histamine in it, which makes children very drowsey. I remember because I gave it to my youngest but then it was disallowed by the time I had my second in 2008 and I was a bit annoyed even though I knew it was probably with very good reason. I hasten to add that I only used it when she was genuinely ill, but it did knock her out for the night. I remember my parents giving us something similar when we travelled, just to get us settled in strange places - we were living abroad where it was freely sold, and I can remember my mum arguing with a UK pharmacist who wouldn't sell it to her for the purpose that she was openly using it for. I think it was actually a travel sickness medicine, I can even remember the taste which was quite pleasant! And these people are doctors so would know what they could use safely, and in my experience doctors push the boundaries on dosage as they know what's written on the box can be doubled (2 x dr brother-in-laws).

Iv always thought that pic looked odd. Like she just been added in.
I actually think it looks like he and the sister have been added in rather than her. The background in the picture on Kate's dresser looks the same. There's something odd about his legs, like he was sat on a chair not pool-side.

Reactions: 1
Completely agree, i cant see how calpol would have sedated them. Kate was an anesthesiologist at one time, who knows what she could get her hands on!

Ok Tattlers - re cover ups and madeleine McCann, I was directed to read a statement by Mrs Tanner, and it turned out that the poster had named her by mistake and meant to direct to a statement by Dr Gaspar instead.
I had spent hours reading the many, many pages of the Tanner statement by then.

So, I don't want to waste more time wading through stuff that doesn't get to the point - can anyone direct me to which Richard Hall article or youtube video which states what his theory is, please.

Fascinating as it all is, it can be very time consuming reading/viewing it all to find the little kernel of importance.

Thanks in advance.

PS
Do we know Schofield has breached the ITV code of conduct or is that wishful thinking?

If he has, and if we contact iTV and ofcom in our droves to complain he has breached the code, then surely something has to be done.
Even if it just diminishes his power at ITV its worth doing, surely?

There is the link to part 1 of Richard Halls investigation. There are 4 parts, and all interesting stuff!!

Reactions: 7

There is the link to part 1 of Richard Halls investigation. There are 4 parts, and all interesting stuff!!

Thank you for this.

I believe the sniffer dogs.

I think Madeleine died the day before and the parents pretended she'd been abducted the next evening.

Reactions: 8
now that’s interesting. I always had my suspicions about the McCanns, I mean what sort of bloody parent leaves their kids alone in an apartment while they duck off to a restaurant every night anyway?!
WTF did happen do most people think? After watching it on Netflix I could still go either way so annoying - though my gut tells me accidental death ☹

WTF did happen do most people think? After watching it on Netflix I could still go either way so annoying - though my gut tells me accidental death ☹
I believe it was an accidental death, Gerry was seen by the Smith family carrying her towards the ocean. I've no idea why they had to hide her body though. I think she climbed up onto the sofa to reach the window ledge and fell onto the tiled floor. Why cover up an accident?

Reactions: 4
I believe it was an accidental death, Gerry was seen by the Smith family carrying her towards the ocean. I've no idea why they had to hide her body though. I think she climbed up onto the sofa to reach the window ledge and fell onto the tiled floor. Why cover up an accident?
God knows - guilt and panic? Just from watching the doc (so I’m massively guessing here) but I can’t help but feel he has a temper and is controlling and his wife looks like a mother carrying a horrific secret whilst trying to feign to continue to search for her daughter - anyone else or am I projecting?

Reactions: 9
I also think it was accidental, but that she was given a sedative to make/help her sleep whilst the parents were having dinner. They were both doctors, so maybe had access to something slightly stronger than ‘calpol’......but misjudged the amount(?) I agree that the incident may have happened a day or two before the night she was reported missing.

The Portuguese police/detectives seemed to have the measure of the situation. But what doesn’t quite tally up for me is why the cover up and protection of the family by the UK investigators?

The analysis of the McCanns version of events by the statement expert ‘Peter Hyatt’ is well worth a watch.....

Reactions: 7
I also think it was accidental, but that she was given a sedative to make/help her sleep whilst the parents were having dinner. They were both doctors, so maybe had access to something slightly stronger than ‘calpol’......but misjudged the amount(?) I agree that the incident may have happened a day or two before the night she was reported missing.

The Portuguese police/detectives seemed to have the measure of the situation. But what doesn’t quite tally up for me is why the cover up and protection of the family by the UK investigators?

The analysis of the McCanns version of events by the statement expert ‘Peter Hyatt’ is well worth a watch.....

When I read through that Ms Tanner statement - pages and pages of it - given to Leicester Police, even though I was dropping asleep - I picked up on her comments about things that happened the day before.
If I remember correctly, she said she saw Gerry [alone] earlier in the day and then she saw Kate jogging [alone] later in the day.
She didn't see Maddy that day.
My sleepy brain thought, hmmmmm, so Gerry was out and about creating an alibi and pretending Kate was with Maddy and then later, Kate was out and about creating an alibi and pretending Gerry was now with the kids.

I think Madeleine died that day or even the night before and they went into cover-up mode for that day and then pretended she had been abducted after her body had been removed.
The Maid or whoever it was who said Maddy had attended 'High Tea' - was, I think, getting her days mixed up - either by mistaken belief or she had been 'persuaded' to deliberately say the wrong day to make it look like Madeleine had been seen when she hadn't.

I believe a dead body WAS in their apartment and hire car.
Those dogs alerted both places.
I trust the dogs.

Having read the Doctors Gaspar statements about the Payne guy - I'm not sure if he was involved or not. Is he a pweirdo???? Dunno.
Had Maddy been abused and died at the hands of the abuser?
Had she suffered an accident?
Overdose of sleeping Meds, maybe.
A fall, maybe.
If it was a genuine accident, WHY cover it up?

Reactions: 5
I be
Thank you for this.

I believe the sniffer dogs.

I think Madeleine died the day before and the parents pretended she'd been abducted the next evening.
I always though something happened earlier than what was reported a strong possibility of accidental death caused poss sedation fallen off sofa and a staged abduction to cover up what happened , what did they not want discovered !!! How would you manage to get 3 toddlers in bed and sleeping for 8pm!!! Eddie and Keela know their stuff! Dogs don’t lie!!! I remember it reported that a blue hold-all bag / case seemingly went missing there was crime photographs of what appeared to be a bag/case in the wardrobe
They claimed to be devout Catholics and were given a key to the church I believe it was used as a place they could discuss things in private. One theory was that the poor wee mite was place in a casket of an old lady whose body was lying in the church before the funeral and then taken to the only crematorium in the Algarve

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Weren't they giving the kids something to make them sleep when they were out? Maybe gave her too much or possibly worried about giving how it would be conceived even if a safe dose, if it made her drowsy and to fall when left unsupervised. After all they are doctors