Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cheesybagel

Sorry if this has come up before but I’ve took another deep dive into the pj files and did anything happen with the babysitter Margaret Hall? With the man she saw

griftalo

VIP Member
I don't think many working class parents in that situation who were either unemployed or working minimum wages jobs would have been granted an audience with the pope.
They weren’t, they just met him like the thousands of other people standing around waiting. It was made out to be far more special than it was.

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
They did find blood, under the tile
The sample was not a DNA match to MM '
  • None of the cellular material examined was identified as Madeleines DNA. However, they did identify the DNA of one of the Portuguese forensic technicians.

Last edited:

Boring Monday

VIP Member
yes they could have used cleaning products readily available from a supermarket, in that situation would you want to risk being seen buying bottles of bleach etc when there's a chance of you being captured on CCTV, having medical knowledge you would know how to improvise and look for possible sources of cleaning stuff in the close vicinity
Personally, I think if any clean up was done, it would be spur of the moment and with whatever was to hand. Strangely enough, something like Vanish is actually perfect. It’s something to do with producing oxygen bubbles and the effect it has on blood.

There is also the consideration that Madeline was indeed killed and put in the car by the perpetrator. It doesnt have to have been K and G who killed her. The perpetrator could have taken her body away to remove evidence.

EG bloke who offered to return the car for them could have done it.

Superdude

In Gerry’s first statement he claims that all doors were locked, which would make abduction almost an impossibility. In his later statement, when he realises that the break-in story isn’t flying, he decides to change that and states that the patio door was unlocked and the perpetrator must have got in. The alarm for Madeleine being missing was first raised at 9:20pm, as documented in statements by tapas workers and independent witnesses. The police weren’t called until 10:41, so that’s 1hr 21min they waited until making that call….. seems a long time to wait if you think there’s been a genuine abduction.
I've just re-read Gerry & Kate's statements from 4th May, and they both say the patio door was kept unlocked?

Also looked at the tapas bar staff statements, and they say the alarm was raised about 10pm. Where are you getting this different information? Is there another source for statements other than the PJ files?

PiefaceG

VIP Member
personally I don't think them being a cardiologist and a GP is at the heart of how the media treats them, I believe there are other powerful factors behind it all which has made the media treat them the way they do,
Were they not pals with Gordon Brown?

PiefaceG

VIP Member
I thought it was a close friend or relative that had an in with Number 10, I might have got that wrong. But Brown had recently lost his daughter, and I’m sure he felt the McCann’s situation more deeply as a result.
A forum that was linked in a reddit post said Gerry knew Brown through his brother, but honestly, it's a small word. The rich and powerful class are all connected and definitely have a "you scratch my back" mentality. It's all about favours and connections when you get up to that level.

Source:

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
I don’t see the difference though? Going out after your child died, or going out the day after your child is assumed abducted.
What I'm saying is that I don't think MM died and then the parents went out to the tapas restaurant as though nothing had happened, MM didn't die before they went to meet their friends, so she either left the apartment or was abducted - I don't believe the parents are a pair of psychopaths 🤷‍♀️ Negligent and selfish though, there is no doubt about that.
I know they went to a tennis lesson the following day (I think), I don't understand how or why 😔

griftalo

VIP Member
I can kind of understand the desire to put together these theories though, because it does seem highly unlikely\unlucky that the day you accidentally leave a window open, that you happen to go to dinner, that you happen to only check on the kids every so often a paedophile comes and tries your exact window where there happens to be a child asleep inside. Its a series of unlikely events. So its natural to try and fill in the blanks.

Didnt she go to a class earlier that day though (or a kids club) so she was seen the day she went missing?
One of the other kids looked similar enough to have been passed off.

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
Did the parents ever say why they didn't use the evening crèche service at the apartment?

If a stranger killed MM at the apartment, I can't see why they would then remove her? Why not take somewhere where the stranger knows that they won't be disturbed by someone walking in?
I think either MM left the apartment to look for the parents and was abducted or a stranger came into the apartment and abducted her.

I think most people would struggle with 3 children under 4yo, I know my mum did at times, and most families pitch in to help out. That doesn't sound odd to me.

Even more of a reason to be sceptical that there would be this pact of silence if they all knew what had happened if they weren’t even that good friends. I’m not saying the parents are not some how involved or more at fault (I still do not buy that they murdered their child). But I can never be convinced by a theory that the group covered up the crime / accident together. Someone would have confessed.
Not saying, this is what actually happened. But if all of them were involved in inappropriate activities with the children, they might cover up.