Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ElChanguito

VIP Member
I’m watching episode 1 of their Netflix series, it’s very much a Team Con production (thanks britney fans for that phrase 😂). Because it was a free download I don’t have subtitles for the Portuguese so I’m losing bits of it.

Reactions: 1

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
Really?Oh fair enough; yes, at the time it was made out to be some sort of special personal appearance. The Graunaid certainly thought so:

My understanding is that they were with the pope for about 30 seconds and handed over a photo of M which was blessed so yes they met him but it wasn't an audience and was very brief.

Catwoman

VIP Member
I think that nutter who says she is Madeleine attended so, as much as I dislike them, I’m not going to criticise them for wanting to avoid her. She’d have no doubt sought them out and then posted it on social media.🙄
Ah thanks. Seems odd not to attend though.

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
That’s maybe if that’s what happened. Forensics might suggest otherwise. If you look at the evidence, especially the cadaver dogs, which in other occasions are believe but when it came to the mccanns it was dismissed.

I’m not actually sure what happened.

But what I do know for sure is that there should have been some sort of social services investigation into ALL those parents when they returned to England for leaving their very young children (toddlers) and babies alone. It’s called neglect and definitely neglectful and poor parenting.
A dog indicating is not evidence, yes it should be investigated to produce evidence, but an indication from a dog is not evidence.
I agree social services should have been involved, maybe they were, I think everyone would agree it is neglect to leave young children alone.
I think a lot of people can't get past the fact that the parents left the children alone - yes they did that, yes it is neglect, yes it is poor parenting - but who ever (presumably) killed MM is responsible for that, neglect doesn't equal murder.
I say 'killed' - I suppose MM could have been trafficked/given away but it all seems a bit far fetched, poor child 😕

• Sad

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I apologise if I got it wrong but that's what`I mean about all the obfuscation surrounding this case,
oh totally… it’s a good 10 years ago now, but there was a Crimewatch dedicated to saying that the man Jane Taner saw had been found and ruled out (possibly a GP, the fact he kept daughters pyjamas from the time rings a bell) and that the man seen by the Smith family was now the prime suspect.

Emsie

VIP Member
An FOI would only provide the information, probably redacted. It wouldn't give you an explanation of anything. People think FOIs and DSARS are the answer to everything but the reality is you get very little from them.

Forgive my ignorance of the dogs, but is it human death or just death. I.e a mouse?

If my daughter had gone missing I would be staying with my other two, not letting them out of my sight, not leaving them and going off to play tennis.
Some lighthearted playing in childcare might have been better and less traumatizing for them, then stressed out parents completely freaking out.

• Haha

Jen667

VIP Member
Well if they wanted to leave things to the professionals you would have expected them to ring the police first rather than make phone calls to various others in the UK including sky news
The police were alerted quickly

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
I think I can safely say that the situation the McCanns were in, I’d never have been in. My daughter would never have been left alone and so someone breaking in while I’m in bed as apposed to someone coming in and taking my child while I’m dining out would NEVER have happened. It’s not self righteous it’s a FACT. And I’ve no idea how I would have reacted if someone broke into to my home and stole my child but I can tell you 100% I would not have trusted anyone with my other children while I went jogging or playing bloody tennis. Never …
I don't think anyone is suggesting leaving your 3 young children alone while you go to dinner is a good thing. It's great to hear about all the good parenting but that's not what happened for MM, yes the parents were negligent but someone either took her from the apartment or found her outside the apartment. Who knows what happened to MM after that, but this person is ultimately responsible for whatever they did to MM.

lilyannrose

VIP Member
Sidenote - do you think we will ever get the FULL story? Even answers?
Do you think there will ever be closure to this case?
Never.

The McCann's have too many powerful connections in terms of anyone who may know spilling the details, like one of their mates or something.

Xanadu

I can kind of understand the desire to put together these theories though, because it does seem highly unlikely\unlucky that the day you accidentally leave a window open, that you happen to go to dinner, that you happen to only check on the kids every so often a paedophile comes and tries your exact window where there happens to be a child asleep inside. Its a series of unlikely events. So its natural to try and fill in the blanks.

Didnt she go to a class earlier that day though (or a kids club) so she was seen the day she went missing?
Yes she was seen that day. She was signed out of the crèche at 5:30 by Kate.

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
I'm not saying it's ok, I am just stating what happened.

Yes no problem, afaik it is agreed that the parents say they took turns to check on all their children throughout the evening

Scubasf

I have ordered the book and waiting on it being delivered, from using the diagrams Bernt Stellander used at his press conference at the launch of his book The Sudden Impulse and looking at google earth surrounding the Rocha Negra area you can work out the various spots of interest he is looking at,there are a couple of properties between the areas of interest that weren't there in 2007 both were on land of which housed disused old buildings (one of them was being demolished in June 2007, Google the House on the Black rock by Ben Salmon) he posts maps from the time there is also a Golf course close by, the Rocha Negra was on there jogging route and Casa Colina the villa that Clement Freud stayed in was on the jogging route too, just to add there were two Casa Colina's in PDL in 2007 in different locations within the area,
Peter Mac has done a review of this new book and there are some relevant posts on a couple of threads available on the Jill Halvern Forum just look for Bernt Stellander and you will find.
Thank you, this is really interesting. I’ve just read Ben Salmon’s research but I can’t work out what he’s getting at - does he think they left her body in the derelict house that was then demolished?