Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It can’t be naive to think if he had been in possession of images like that, he would have been charged with something by now?

Reactions: 5
It can’t be naive to think if he had been in possession of images like that, he would have been charged with something by now?
That's the issue, possession of images doesn't necessarily mean he killed her. But that's obviously what the police have to now prove, if he was involved personally. Unless they prove that beyond all doubt then I fail to see how they can charge him. However, the fact remains that since this news came out the McCanns have been quiet, so there must be a belief he is guilty I reckon. All 'find Madeleine' stories have stopped.

Reactions: 4
That's the issue, possession of images doesn't necessarily mean he killed her. But that's obviously what the police have to now prove, if he was involved personally. Unless they prove that beyond all doubt then I fail to see how they can charge him. However, the fact remains that since this news came out the McCanns have been quiet, so there must be a belief he is guilty I reckon. All 'find Madeleine' stories have stopped.
I would have imagined he could still be charged with possession of the images.
it just does t ring trud For me, somehow.

Curious that the twins have been named in the press today because they've turned 18. I feel like this is the first time the press have made a big point of out using their names when talking about them.

Must be so bizarre to have grown up with what happened to their sister. I hope they won't be hounded.

Reactions: 17
Curious that the twins have been named in the press today because they've turned 18. I feel like this is the first time the press have made a big point of out using their names when talking about them.

Must be so bizarre to have grown up with what happened to their sister. I hope they won't be hounded.
I was disgusted when I saw the DM article. FFs, this is not news and they have always been kept out of the spotlight. Let them continue to lead private lives.

Reactions: 12
I was disgusted when I saw the DM article. FFs, this is not news and they have always been kept out of the spotlight. Let them continue to lead private lives.
While I agree of course that the twins as total innocents in this should be left alone to lead private lives and not hounded in any way, I think it’s worth remembering that Kate and Gerry are responsible for creating and manipulating the intense media interest in this case. The DM are only feeding the tiger the McCanns themselves created. There are many missing children whose siblings are not of the slightest interest to anyone.

The McCanns have kept themselves front and centre in all this. I guess they weren’t thinking of the impact of their twins in years to come when they pushed for the millions in public funding for an investigation that was flawed and pointless from the very beginning. Or when they accepted millions in private donations from well-meaning people (and paid off their mortgage with it). With all that money and publicity they entirely deserve the public scrutiny and media interest in themselves and their family that comes along with it.

What they have done is so disgusting on so many levels. It infuriates me every time I think about this case, what happened to little Madeleine, the lack of closure or justice for her, the way the McCanns used the media and tried to silence people like Amaral who had effectively solved the case in 2007 or at the very least come up with the only logical working hypothesis of what really happened.

I am very glad the twins have each other. I think they are going to need that mutual support in coming years.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
They are 18 and everyone knows their names anyway,

if their parents hadn't abandoned them alone in a apartment while they sat and boozed they wouldn't be in this position in the first place it's not the DM to blame it's neglectful parents

Reactions: 23
First time hearing that the police officers first on the scene entering the apartment noticed a strong smell of bleach. I've never read or heard that anywhere before. Does anyone know a source for the police officers actually reporting that?

Reactions: 7
First time hearing that the police officers first on the scene entering the apartment noticed a strong smell of bleach. I've never read or heard that anywhere before. Does anyone know a source for the police officers actually reporting that?
I'm sure Ive heard about it before, the possibility of the stuff you use to clean swimming pools may have been used ???

Reactions: 4
While I agree of course that the twins as total innocents in this should be left alone to lead private lives and not hounded in any way, I think it’s worth remembering that Kate and Gerry are responsible for creating and manipulating the intense media interest in this case. The DM are only feeding the tiger the McCanns themselves created. There are many missing children whose siblings are not of the slightest interest to anyone.

The McCanns have kept themselves front and centre in all this. I guess they weren’t thinking of the impact of their twins in years to come when they pushed for the millions in public funding for an investigation that was flawed and pointless from the very beginning. Or when they accepted millions in private donations from well-meaning people (and paid off their mortgage with it). With all that money and publicity they entirely deserve the public scrutiny and media interest in themselves and their family that comes along with it.

What they have done is so disgusting on so many levels. It infuriates me every time I think about this case, what happened to little Madeleine, the lack of closure or justice for her, the way the McCanns used the media and tried to silence people like Amaral who had effectively solved the case in 2007 or at the very least come up with the only logical working hypothesis of what really happened.

I am very glad the twins have each other. I think they are going to need that mutual support in coming years.
Absolute bollocks. Amarel was a crook as proven, & tried pinning Maddies disappearance on the McCanns because he didn’t have a clue. His tactics were disgusting & ultimately hindered the investigation along with the useless Portuguese police’s handling of the case, let alone the media frenzy to begin with.

The McCanns have done a wonderful job bringing up the twins & keeping them at arms length & out of the media’s eye throughout everything. It’s a shame the media done what they always do. How disgusting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Absolute bollocks. Amarel was a crook as proven, & tried pinning Maddies disappearance on the McCanns because he didn’t have a clue. His tactics were disgusting & ultimately hindered the investigation along with the useless Portuguese police’s handling of the case, let alone the media frenzy to begin with.

The McCanns have done a wonderful job bringing up the twins & keeping them at arms length & out of the media’s eye throughout everything. It’s a shame the media done what they always do. How disgusting.
Too bad they didn’t do a wonderful job when leaving small kids alone in an unlocked apartment

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I’m sorry but still to this day my mind always goes back to HOW AND WHY would you go on holiday and leave your kids alone. I still don’t know if I think they did it or not but they are responsible either way for leaving them on their own. Especially two highly educated people, who would be well aware of safeguarding etc. Just baffles me.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

“A wonderful job” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Amarel wouldn't need to be a crook or solve any Crime if those parents had bunged their kids in a buggy, took them to for tapas and pushed two chairs together to make a bed when they fell asleep. You know like every other parent does on holiday.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
People still can't seem to separate bad parenting from criminal abduction/murder on this thread I see. One does not lead to the other, they are unrelated. The abductor(s)/murderer(s) are responsible for the crime not the stupid parents who were just irresponsible.

• Heart
There wouldn't have been a crime if the parents hadn't been so crap and selfish. They literally left the door open for any criminals. Had they taken the children with them, then there would have been no crime. So, yes, one thing lead to another.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m sorry but still to this day my mind always goes back to HOW AND WHY would you go on holiday and leave your kids alone. I still don’t know if I think they did it or not but they are responsible either way for leaving them on their own. Especially two highly educated people, who would be well aware of safeguarding etc. Just baffles me.
That's where I've always stood even when people were ripped apart and demonised for saying it.

Just can't get pasit at all and never will, nor with how actively unhelpful they were in the earliest days and jetting off on a world tour. Their behaviour was completely bizarre no matter their social status or wealth.

Reactions: 20
That's where I've always stood even when people were ripped apart and demonised for saying it.

Just can't get pasit at all and never will, nor with how actively unhelpful they were in the earliest days and jetting off on a world tour. Their behaviour was completely bizarre no matter their social status or wealth.
Yes they seemed more interested in meeting celebrities than actively looking for their daughter. They seemed to enjoy the fame a little too much. Particularly Gerry.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.