Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can they charge him with Madeleine's murder when there is no body? There's no proof that she's still alive, but no proof that she is dead either.
Yes and it's so much harder to prosecute a no body homicide in a child than an adult as they change so much as they transition into adulthood. Madeleine would be practically unrecognisable by now apart from her eye.

Reactions: 5
Was the eye thing a freckle? The reason I ask is because I have a freckle in my eye and my best friend of 20 years only noticed last week 😂 I just don't see how that's really distinguishable, especially as Maddy gets older (assuming she is alive)

Reactions: 3
Was the eye thing a freckle? The reason I ask is because I have a freckle in my eye and my best friend of 20 years only noticed last week 😂 I just don't see how that's really distinguishable, especially as Maddy gets older (assuming she is alive)
It’s a Coloboma where the iris has a break making the pupil a keyhole like shape. I have it. And it can affect sight so I wonder if todays Madeleine would require glasses. It’s rare and doesn’t go away much like a birthmark so would be distinguishable today

Reactions: 4
It’s a Coloboma where the iris has a break making the pupil a keyhole like shape. I have it. And it can affect sight so I wonder if todays Madeleine would require glasses. It’s rare and doesn’t go away much like a birthmark so would be distinguishable today
But the parents have since said she didn’t have coloboma which just adds to the weirdness of the case.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I don't think her parents did it, either by accident or on purpose, but they are partly responsible because there is simply no way those children should have been left alone.

Reactions: 17
I don't think her parents did it, either by accident or on purpose, but they are partly responsible because there is simply no way those children should have been left alone.
Yup. Exactly my thoughts. They put their own needs first every night on that holiday from what I’ve read - and by “needs” I mean that term very loosely because “needs” for the parents was the later evening dining with friends. In peace. To hell with the children getting in the way of a good conversation. The friends also had loose care for their own kids.

I know a lot feel and do the same when I say this but we would simply dine earlier with the children (yeah of course it’s never a relaxing meal with kids in comparison, but my god that’s the hand you’re dealt with when you’re responsible for children). If they’re sooo desperate for a break from their children during the holiday then by all means put them in a crèche for two hours each afternoon so you can hang with your important precious friends child-free.
But from what I’m sure I’ve read, they did do that too - which begs the question.. why didn’t you just leave the kids in Leicester altogether?

Reactions: 19
Did anyone ever properly look at the friends???

I'm sure i read one of the friends was away for ages and claimed that their daughter was sick and sheets needed changed???

I mean, that could have been another tradegy.

But who's to say that story is true. But I suppose none of friends want questions being asked about their conduct.

I wonder if they're all still friends and if they still go on holiday together???

Reactions: 9
Whenever I went abroad on holiday when my son was younger I'd never put him in kids clubs or use a babysitting service. He's my lad, it's up to me to look after him & I'd never leave him with strangers anywhere. Therefore he was always with me, even when dining out at night, we'd pick places that were child friendly and he could eat with us, one time he wasn't well, so I stayed in with him, husband ate at the hotel restaurant then he came back to the room to look after son while I then had some dinner. Cos that's what you do when you're a responsible parent.
Whatever happened to Maddie, I'll never get my head round those little babies being left alone in that apartment.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
This might be a stretch but one of the friends could have been in touching her?, she woke up and they smothered her?

Is there any podcasts on this? I feel I’ve listened to sooooo many unsolved mysteries by various podcasts but never one on Madeline.

Reactions: 1
Is there any podcasts on this? I feel I’ve listened to sooooo many unsolved mysteries by various podcasts but never one on Madeline.
Not a podcast but Peter Hyatt's Embedded Confessions, the interview with Richard Hall, is pretty amazing.
And James Bogart's series of videos on the case.
Both on youtube.

Reactions: 6
I do think it probably is that guy, but I can’t see what evidence they’d have on him. You’d think if they had any, he’d have been arrested and charged years ago or whenever we heard him being a POV..was that last year or the year before it all went crazy then to nothing. Can’t think they’ve got anything to tie him.

Reactions: 1
I am not inclined to believe Brueckner would snatch a child in their sleep but then make the bed and leave it neat & tidy before he left. Even one of the Tapas 7 (Dianne who is Fiona’s mother) reported how neat Madeleines bed was, which she saw when they all traipsed through the apartment straight after the abduction claim.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Hmm maybe the bed being neat and tidy when she was reported missing implies she was never in the bed to begin with (on that night)...

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Hmm maybe the bed being neat and tidy when she was reported missing implies she was never in the bed to begin with (on that night)...
Maybe she'd just been flat out asleep & not jiffling about to untidy her bed until she woke up? Or until someone woke her up? Not all kids beds end up messy, and if the 'knocked out with sleeping medicine' story is to be believed then I can well imagine a child's bed not being messy and only the cover turned back when they did get out of it

As to Brueckner, when he was first looked into it was said the Police had found evidence that Maddie was dead (not that he killed her, just that she was indeed dead) in the form of images on memory cards which were buried under the body of his dead dog in the floor of an abandoned warehouse he used. Or something. Her parents had been informed of this and had accepted she was dead apparently. Since then, I've seen nothing about 'find Madeleine, keep looking, she would be X years old now'' etc.

Article here.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.