Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You are missing the point. She did have her own toothbrush. The Mccans lied and claimed she didn’t in a bid to wriggle out of supplying a DBa source.
Same as they waited 5mths before providing a test on the twins to prove they weren't drugged - after cutting their hair and even then it was a private test and not one done by any legal authorities

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Same as they waited 5mths before providing a test on the twins to prove they weren't drugged - after cutting their hair and even then it was a private test and not one done by any legal authorities
Surely if the legal authorities had wanted a test, they would have enforced the McCanns to do one earlier, no?

Reactions: 5
The Priest said he was deceived by the McCanns.
He cannot disclose anything that was said in confession by them because he’d be excommunicated by the Catholic Church.
Could he disclose it in a sworn statement to only be opened after his death or would that still have personal repercussions for him/his family/the church? I think that’s the only way we’d find out the truth because I doubt any of the Tapas lot would ever divulge anything if they knew anything.

Reactions: 15
I‘m sure I read the McCanns admitted the twins had asked them if they had done something to Madeleine.

The arrogance of Gerry McCann insisting that what they were doing is like having dinner in your garden still bothers me to this day. That and Lorraine Kelly insisting “ We have all done what they did“ Erm no. I don’t know a single parent who has left their children to go on the piss.

Reactions: 31
Surely if the legal authorities had wanted a test, they would have enforced the McCanns to do one earlier, no?
They refused urine tests to prove they weren't drugged.
IIRC they said something about how the abductor could have drugged them so even then had an excuse made up in preparation

• Wow
They refused urine tests to prove they weren't drugged.
IIRC they said something about how the abductor could have drugged them so even then had an excuse made up in preparation
But if they'd done the tests straight away, it would have proved if they were drugged one way or another, whoever had done it. Why the authorities didn't insist on it I'll never know.

Reactions: 11
But if they'd done the tests straight away, it would have proved if they were drugged one way or another, whoever had done it. Why the authorities didn't insist on it I'll never know.
I'm no solicitor, but I believe that as the twins were minors the parents held the ace card and could legally refuse.

Question is, why wait until after several haircuts, 5mths and use someone private?

I'm no solicitor, but I believe that as the twins were minors the parents held the ace card and could legally refuse.

Question is, why wait until after several haircuts, 5mths and use someone private?
because they have something to hide. I think that's clear, but even if they had drugged them, and I do not condone it whatsoever.. man up and take the hit to find out what happened to your daughter surely come on. (unless you already know what happened..) I don't have kids, but even I have that maternal instinct that no matter the consequences I'd want to help any authority I could to help find my child!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
because they have something to hide. I think that's clear, but even if they had drugged them, and I do not condone it whatsoever.. man up and take the hit to find out what happened to your daughter surely come on. (unless you already know what happened..) I don't have kids, but even I have that maternal instinct that no matter the consequences I'd want to help any authority I could to help find my child!!
Absolutely this! I'd be singing like a canary.

Reactions: 7
Absolutely this! I'd be singing like a canary.
Me too! Even if I'd given my son routine things like Calpol or what have you, I'd be damn well wanting to rule out anything else in his system that I'd NOT given him.

Reactions: 12
The Priest said he was deceived by the McCanns.
He cannot disclose anything that was said in confession by them because he’d be excommunicated by the Catholic Church.
Could he disclose it in a sworn statement to only be opened after his death or would that still have personal repercussions for him/his family/the church? I think that’s the only way we’d find out the truth because I doubt any of the Tapas lot would ever divulge anything if they knew anything.
If he knows something, then fck that priest's vows. If he knows something he should come out and say it to the police and so what if he gets excommunicated, its more important that a wee girl gets justice.

I get that he may feel he has something to lose (hia job and house) but Christ, I couldn't live with myself if those parents confessed to me or gave valuable info that could nail the culprit, and I kept it quiet.

Reactions: 15
It was a rhetorical question, but you're absolutely right!
I'd have given them anything they wanted and answered every single question, but then I'd be completely innocent with nothing at all to hide.
Then we have those two who avoided everything, which even if you don't pick apart everything else points at them being guilty in itself

She did have her own toothbrush but the most likely case is that it was used to scrub the blood from the tiles that the dogs alerted to. Doctors know about sharing toothbrush risks. There wasn’t any washing of madeleines to use either, nothing at all that personally belonged to her. Not the flashing trainers the cleaners added to their statement, not even a wet swimsuit, zilch. They threw it all away to delay evidence or it was badly stained so they didn’t want any of it found.

Any parent who can see their young twins appeared drugged and couldn’t wake from their sleep would definitely agree to a drug test in fear their babies could die from it. Their refusal proves they gave them drugs or knew what they’d be given by someone else. As they wasn’t instantly seen as suspects they had no legal obligation to provide samples, it was just a recommendation. The fact they said no then sparked suspicion and rumours. They knew what the twins had in their system and knew it took 5 months to clear. If I were one of the twins I’d cut them out of my life for that alone.

Reactions: 14
She did have her own toothbrush but the most likely case is that it was used to scrub the blood from the tiles that the dogs alerted to. Doctors know about sharing toothbrush risks. There wasn’t any washing of madeleines to use either, nothing at all that personally belonged to her. Not the flashing trainers the cleaners added to their statement, not even a wet swimsuit, zilch. They threw it all away to delay evidence or it was badly stained so they didn’t want any of it found.

Any parent who can see their young twins appeared drugged and couldn’t wake from their sleep would definitely agree to a drug test in fear their babies could die from it. Their refusal proves they gave them drugs or knew what they’d be given by someone else. As they wasn’t instantly seen as suspects they had no legal obligation to provide samples, it was just a recommendation. The fact they said no then sparked suspicion and rumours. They knew what the twins had in their system and knew it took 5 months to clear. If I were one of the twins I’d cut them out of my life for that alone.
Wasn't there some sort of hoohah about the two girls' pyjamas, too? Which were Madeleine's and which were Amelie's? I'm sure M&S had to clarify when each set were on sale.

Wasn't there some sort of hoohah about the two girls' pyjamas, too? Which were Madeleine's and which were Amelie's? I'm sure M&S had to clarify when each set were on sale.
Also read that somewhere and wondered because of the different dress sizes of the two girls and their two year age gap.

Isn’t this even a conspiracy theory, she just never really existed. 😅
she did exist! years ago I found photographs from Madeleine's cousins Facebook, it was of the holiday at Easter with extended family they had in Ireland prior to them being in the Algarve

I‘m sure I read the McCanns admitted the twins had asked them if they had done something to Madeleine.

The arrogance of Gerry McCann insisting that what they were doing is like having dinner in your garden still bothers me to this day. That and Lorraine Kelly insisting “ We have all done what they did“ Erm no. I don’t know a single parent who has left their children to go on the piss.
Ive seen where the apartment was in relation to the Tapas bar and it deffo would not have been like having dinner in your back garden! also the scenario used that three children age 3 and younger managed to be bathed stories read and put to bed before 8pm, My take on it is that I do think the children were possibly being drugged using antihistamines,

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The Madeleine in the family Easter photos is very different from the Madeleine they showed in the media! She had dark auburn hair in those photos whereas the media photos show a small cute blonde girl. They went to so much trouble to cover it all, that pretending they left their children alone wasn’t nearly as bad as what they were preventing getting out. They would rather show themselves as bad neglectful parents than the truth, that’s always said more than enough for me!

i remember at one point they claimed the pjs they were showing were THE pjs Madeleine wore, until someone questioned that she’d have been wearing them. That’s when they began to say they were Amelie’s. They were very big for a 1.5 year old.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
That’s a really good way of looking at it, that if looking like an awful parent is the best case scenario then what are they actually covering up.

When Kate said "they've taken her", it could have been an ill conceived statement to draw attention away from the parents and put in people's minds that she must have been taken.

It's not a natural thing to say when a child has gone missing. So she either deliberately said it to make people think that's what happened, or they knew people were coming into the apartment to "visit" Maddie.
Have only just discovered this thread, but yes I’m in my 60s a mother and grandmother and if one of my kids or grandkids went missing the last thing I’d be saying was that someone had taken them!
It’s one of those things you just wouldn’t say.
If I’d been in Kate’s shoes I would have said something along the lines of “I can’t find Maddie, where can she have got to?”
Saying she’s been taken is the worst case scenario that you wouldn’t want to say either out loud or to yourself.

It's the unlocked door that gets me!!!

As a child, I vaguely remember being left in a Butlins Chalet (The Red Coats had a listening service.) This was in the 1960s.

But the door was locked - I couldn't have wandered out and somebody trying to get in would have needed to kick the door in. No such safety for Maddie - free to wander out or for anybody to wander in.

But as I've said before, when this all kicked off, it was obvious from talking to my boss that leaving kids alone in the hotel room was the done thing. She more or less told me they'd left their grandchildren alone in the room while they and the parents went to the bar.

I reckon they didn't do it after Maddie went missing.

Shame a wee girl had to pay for price.
The unlocked door has always been a mystery to me too.
Would they have gone out leaving all their cash scattered on the bed and left the apartment door unlocked?
I don’t think so, so why do that with something far more valuable like your precious children?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Have only just discovered this thread, but yes I’m in my 60s a mother and grandmother and if one of my kids or grandkids went missing the last thing I’d be saying was that someone had taken them!
It’s one of those things you just wouldn’t say.
If I’d been in Kate’s shoes I would have said something along the lines of “I can’t find Maddie, where can she have got to?”
Saying she’s been taken is the worst case scenario that you wouldn’t want to say either out loud or to yourself.

The unlocked door has always been a mystery to me too.
Would they have gone out leaving all their cash scattered on the bed and left the apartment door unlocked?
I don’t think so, so why do that with something far more valuable like your precious children?
Omg .. i have never thought of that ! So true.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.