Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought it strange that they said Madeleine didn’t have her own toothbrush on holiday, she shared with the twins, so they couldn’t provide DNA!
Why couldn't they buy her own little toothbrush - urgh! That teaching the poor child in poor hygiene.

Reactions: 4
Why couldn't they buy her own little toothbrush - urgh! That teaching the poor child in poor hygiene.
You are missing the point. She did have her own toothbrush. The Mccans lied and claimed she didn’t in a bid to wriggle out of supplying a DBa source.

Reactions: 23
even if they forgot to pack hers, I'm sure there's places to get one in Portugal?! I have never understood the lack of her DNA in apartment 5A. I think that's the bit of this that keeps bringing me back to something sinister being planned to happen that holiday. I don't want to speculate on what, but it's never made sense to me.. any of it. I don't understand why they wouldn't just pay the fees for babysitting services?! I actually get so mad. I was literally 13 when this happened with a 2 year old nephew at the time and even I knew leaving a literal in toddler was wrong but PARENTS thought it was a-okay to let three children fend for themselves if they woke up wanting mum or dad in the night?! 🙁

Reactions: 16
You are missing the point. She did have her own toothbrush. The Mccans lied and claimed she didn’t in a bid to wriggle out of supplying a DBa source.
I would have thought that when authority heard, 'oh, she shared with the twins,' it should raise some kind of alarm as it shows the parents, not in a good light and been teaching bad practice. Sorry, it grabbed my attention as I worked with children years and years ago, and I also have a mum who worked in childcare and taught childcare in a college (before she retired).

Reactions: 8
It’s a load of tit. No one shares toothbrushes!
To be honest, in an emergency, it's not a Biggie. We went to Cyprus one time and I'd forgotten mine, rather than have a gob like a sewer I shared my husband's for a couple of days until I could get a new one. Social Services aren't going to come round just for kids sharing a toothbrush on holiday 🤣

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Didn’t the hotel offer the McCanns a free babysitter whilst they were after allegedly hearing that the children were on their own?

I don‘t buy that Madeleine didn’t have her own toothbrush. Even if they forgot hers, Portugal has shops that sell them.
Like about 90% of what comes out the McCann‘s mouths it smells of bullshit.

Reactions: 13
I really don’t think we will ever find out the truth but I 100% believe that family had something to do with it. I live locally and sometimes see Kate in the supermarket and just can’t help thinking what did you do everytime I see her.

Reactions: 17
I really don’t think we will ever find out the truth but I 100% believe that family had something to do with it. I live locally and sometimes see Kate in the supermarket and just can’t help thinking what did you do everytime I see her.
My hope is that the twins will question things as they reach adulthood, come out from K&G's shadow and maybe do their own investigation or expose some home truths. That might bring us nearer to answers.

Reactions: 8
even if they forgot to pack hers, I'm sure there's places to get one in Portugal?! I have never understood the lack of her DNA in apartment 5A. I think that's the bit of this that keeps bringing me back to something sinister being planned to happen that holiday. I don't want to speculate on what, but it's never made sense to me.. any of it. I don't understand why they wouldn't just pay the fees for babysitting services?! I actually get so mad. I was literally 13 when this happened with a 2 year old nephew at the time and even I knew leaving a literal in toddler was wrong but PARENTS thought it was a-okay to let three children fend for themselves if they woke up wanting mum or dad in the night?! 🙁
There’s a Batista supermarket next door to the property

Reactions: 3
I've said before but we went to Portugal the year after Maddie disappeared, not far from where they were. There were people who'd come down from the hills on scooters, usually men, trying to sell us cigarettes and whatnot. Very persistent. I was used to that sort of stuff, so it didn't upset me as I'd been all over the place and was used to it, but the way sometimes one lot would surround us while another lot were trying to talk to my son, I pulled him away more than once. You really never know who's around abroad, I'd never have left my lad on his own anywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My hope is that the twins will question things as they reach adulthood, come out from K&G's shadow and maybe do their own investigation or expose some home truths. That might bring us nearer to answers.
I dunno you know I reckon they will be loyal or brainwashed by their parents. They won't even remember maddie. I don't think we will ever know.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I wonder what it’s like to work on Operation Grange. I bet they have a pretty damn good idea what really happened.

I’m convinced that this will one day be pinned on a dead p-doh in a “deathbed confession” the details of which are conveniently vague.

Reactions: 9
I've said before but we went to Portugal the year after Maddie disappeared, not far from where they were. There were people who'd come down from the hills on scooters, usually men, trying to sell us cigarettes and whatnot. Very persistent. I was used to that sort of stuff, so it didn't upset me as I'd been all over the place and was used to it, but the way sometimes one lot would surround us while another lot were trying to talk to my son, I pulled him away more than once. You really never know who's around abroad, I'd never have left my lad on his own anywhere.
I keep thinking imagine if I told my parents I'd left my kids alone! My mum would take them off me herself. I just don't understand why they ever thought this would be okay. Not even because you think someone would come and take them that would cross my mind for a second maybe but the more real issues of what if they wake up, fall out of bed, are ill, lose their dummy or Teddy etc. Just those basic things would stop me in my tracks. I could never face people knowing they knew I'd left my kids alone whilst I went for drinks.
In my hometown a youngish mum left her kids alone to do some food shopping and the house burnt down!! She was buying their food but even then I was like why? Why would you ever?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
All of the above but then stick in three children under 4 and an unlocked door facing a main road. It literally boggles my mind.

Reactions: 21
I keep thinking imagine if I told my parents I'd left my kids alone! My mum would take them off me herself. I just don't understand why they ever thought this would be okay. Not even because you think someone would come and take them that would cross my mind for a second maybe but the more real issues of what if they wake up, fall out of bed, are ill, lose their dummy or Teddy etc. Just those basic things would stop me in my tracks. I could never face people knowing they knew I'd left my kids alone whilst I went for drinks.
In my hometown a youngish mum left her kids alone to do some food shopping and the house burnt down!! She was buying their food but even then I was like why? Why would you ever?
That's the way we'd all think, anyone normal anyway. Whenever I was abroad my son was with me at all times. Never in a kids club or left with onsite childminders, he was my responsibility and mine alone. Bless you, do you mean the case of the 4 brothers? 😘

All of the above but then stick in three children under 4 and an unlocked door facing a main road. It literally boggles my mind.
The only thing I've ever thought is that they left the door unlocked so folks going in checking (supposedly) could sneak in without waking the kids up. But if they could sneak in, then so could any weirdo lurkers.

Reactions: 9
That's the way we'd all think, anyone normal anyway. Whenever I was abroad my son was with me at all times. Never in a kids club or left with onsite childminders, he was my responsibility and mine alone. Bless you, do you mean the case of the 4 brothers? 😘
Yea that case. I have more sympathy for that mum... we've all ran out of milk at the worst time but even still I'd just have to be milk less. I couldn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yea that case. I have more sympathy for that mum... we've all ran out of milk at the worst time but even still I'd just have to be milk less. I couldn't.
I've always wondered what happened there. Seen no updates ever about it. So sad indeed. There was a time you could leave your front door unlocked and pop to the corner shop and all the neighbours would watch your door but those times are long gone. I've never done it, like you, and my lad is 30 now.
I hope one day the truth comes out about what happened to that poor little girl, until then everyone can speculate all they like but nobody knows for certain.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.