M&S Food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mum and dad are coming for lunch on Sunday, its way too hot to cook in my tiny kitchen (supposed to be 28 degrees!) so I think I’m gonna do a nice spread of M&S picnic food. Any recommendations for snacky bits much appreciated!
They do a nice selection of ‘different’ sausage rolls - recently had their pulled pork ones which were fab but the most amazing ones were bacon and cheddar ones, seriously good. X

Reactions: 3
I have the Aldi dupes of these with rosted new potatoes with whatever spices you like and salad.
Something I make fairly regularly is Smitten Kitchen’s Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka, and the roasted potatoes and cauliflower with cumin seed from that recipe is really tasty and would probably go well with the flatties.

Reactions: 1
My mum and dad are coming for lunch on Sunday, its way too hot to cook in my tiny kitchen (supposed to be 28 degrees!) so I think I’m gonna do a nice spread of M&S picnic food. Any recommendations for snacky bits much appreciated!
Definitely get the Charlotte potato salad. I really like their tapas bits too

I tried them coronation chicken flatties yesterday. Very nice. Also, I was glad the sauce wasn't sickly sweet like a lot of sauces that come with chicken dishes. Coronation sauce can be too sweet but that one was nice. How did you guys cook yours? I grilled mine. I think you can fry them too, right?

Got the freezer garlic bread and almond biscuits today purely as a result of this thread! #influenced

Anyone tried the truffle cream cheese? It’s incredible

Reactions: 5
The Moroccan Style Fruity Cous Cous Salad is very good, especially with cold cuts 😋

Reactions: 2
Sad times today. I went into M&S to grab a drink and there was so much meat and other chilled goodies with yellow stickers on but I couldn’t buy any as I had a long hot bus journey and walk home. Gutted!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Got a box of operetta today. Literally fake Ferrero Roche and only 2.50 for 12 🤤

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Where we live we have lots of tourists and a small M & S so we go after 5 to do our usual shopping when the day trippers have gone plus we can find yellow tickets.
Today my yellow ticket fiend hubby found the Mighty Peas on the fridge shelf instead of the freezer where I had been looking for them like Aldi. These are described as herby BRITISH peas with a punch of chilli. They were in a plastic dish to microwave and they are £2.50 for 250 gms of peas with added parsley, chilli and spearmint. God forbid petite pois only cost £1.50 a kg. Anyway he found the 3 yellow tickets at 90p so bought them as he is at home alone tomorrow.
He bought 3 plant Indian wraps for £1 each instead of £3.50 - he puts them in the freezer and they are ok later and a bag of 4 Tiger triangles for 50p.

I got a ploughman’s pot today.. don’t like it ☹ But I did get my favourite sausage rolls and the elite beef and onion crisps so I can’t moan too much 😂 also a really nice stone baked loaf, some Stilton and Serrano ham for an at home picnic.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I got a ploughman’s pot today.. don’t like it ☹ But I did get my favourite sausage rolls and the elite beef and onion crisps so I can’t moan too much 😂 also a really nice stone baked loaf, some Stilton and Serrano ham for an at home picnic.
I don’t like the ploughman’s pot either, and that’s usually my type of food.

Got a box of operetta today. Literally fake Ferrero Roche and only 2.50 for 12 🤤
I need to try this!!!

Reactions: 1
I ate an entire tub of the percy pig rocky road thingys yesterday...oops!

• Haha
  • Heart
Sad times today. I went into M&S to grab a drink and there was so much meat and other chilled goodies with yellow stickers on but I couldn’t buy any as I had a long hot bus journey and walk home. Gutted!
Pfft, I took two 65p raw chickens on an hour train journey before and I lived to tell the tale! 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Next time that happens, buy a few small bags of frozen peas or bags of cheap ice cubes) and a cool bag (they sell them at most M&S food halls) then fill your boots!

• Wow
My Ocado is arriving 10-11am and the first thing I'm going to do once it's been delivered, is go to M&S to pick up the things in this thread they don't stock!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.